Sheridan Has Gone & Thank You Shez

Why hasn't he got the players in for extra training already? He has no commitment to the club and I hear he swore at home when he cut his finger with a knife. That is no way to act especially around children.

Mr X out!

If he had any balls he'd stop picking his mates. We all know they're just sorting him a butty out of their appearance fees.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Club legend. Stuck around when things were hard in 2003/04, great player, helped keep us up in 99. Fantastic performances

And as a manager I'll never forget -

Leeds away (twice), Everton away, Hudds away (3-0), Forest home and away in his first season, Leicester away, winning 5 out of 5 at the start to this season.

Thanks for the memories. Deserves a standing ovation when / if he ever returns. I know I will stand and clap him.

All the best

Not saying I'd have kept him / I'm 50:50 on that. Just think its important we remember him properly.

Edited by pukka

Well put, Sheridan has had a good 10 years here and he love's the club. It's a shame that he's gone but I wish you all the best wherever you end up.

That's it. It wasn't meant to end like this but alas it has.

Good luck wherever you end up John, the good times over the last ten years far outweigh the bad.

Thank you for all you've contributed to my club as a player and a manager Sheridan.

I touched on it in my post the other day how with circumstances and a lack of discipline in the dressing room a team never plays to its full potential. Im really sad about it all but a new face was needed. This isn't just about matches its about days off, gregan's drink driving, belle vue basically a off field situation which the owners were clearly unhappy about.

Sheridan you'll always be welcome at BP, i remember you coming out of retirement with your dodgy knee and being a midfield maestro with vision and a killer pass to die for

Sheridans record has just been on sky sports news:

Played - 151

Won - 61

Drew - 43

Lost - 47

Win percentage of 40%, not bad in my opinion.

It's not bad at all Kev. I don't have too many problems with his record.

Corney has said that they will be appointing a temporary manager until the end of the season and then appointing someone permanent in the summer.

With that said I don't think Gannon will be coming here soon, why go to a temporary role?

Disssapointed that it has come to this to be honest, Not once have I shouted for Sheridans head but admittedly last few weeks have convinced me that something is not right - Echo all above sentiments and say it was an absolute joy to watch Shez in a Latics shirt and it was the one saving grace in a team that had nowt else going for it - As far as a him as a manager goes for the majority it's been best few years for a while and at times played some really decent stuff - circumstances dictate this.

Cheers and all the best John - You'll have no problem gettin another job and Im sure you'll end up being managerial success

The guy genuinely loves the club, and is a top bloke. You only have to listen to his interview after the MK Dons game. He was genuinely gutted and sorry about the result. His downfall for me was that he admitted he doesn't even know his best team, whetehr certain players should or shouldn't be playing and at this critical part of the season and so far into the season as a manager you should know your best 11

All the best John, you are a Latics Legend and Ive not forgot the refreshing change you brought to the club after Ronnie Bore, or how you came out of retirement to help us during the dark times.

Onwards and Upwards

likewise, on a football basis it was time to go, he has all the right intentions but just isnt a MAN manager, good coach/bloke etc but not a manager, at least not here for the future.

On a man to man level i feel for him, but that is football and the directors will have had day to day interaction around the club and know more aabout goings on than us.

Keep your head up John, good luck for the future, genuinely.

Thanks and good luck Shez..

Fantastic player and a good servant to the club. He wasnt my choice as manager but I think he has done resonably well over the past three years and its been fun. Pitty about the last couple of weeks and the in-disaplin that seems to be around the club which you could not control but that tends to be the problem with his style of management. I do think Rictchie had a similar problem when half the team are your mates.

Good luck for the future, your a true latics legend and its a shame it ended like this...

Although things didn't go to plan, I just wanted to say a thanks to John Sheridan. He's one of the best mangers i've ever seen. The 2006-2007 season was class. Even though we didn't go up. In the 2007-2008 season he got us 8th with a youth squad, hats off to him. This season, I think the players have let him down alot. Oh well, typical Oldham :wink:

Certainly will miss him.

feel sorry for shez and will certainly remember him as a great servant of the club.

i genuinely think that the recent poor results would have been tolerated at least until the end of the season. the reason shez is gone now is that the board's concerns off the field rather than on the field have just become too great.

you can get away with that stuff to some extent when you're winning, but once results dip too you're dead in the water.

these concerns have been around for a long time. once you've decided enough is enough and you feel the manager is not the right man, really what is the point waiting?

there's no sentiment in football these days. and i guess it's hard to take sentiment into account when you're pumping your own cash into the club to keep it going every week... 9 more matches must feel like a lifetime to the owners in that sense, even if it doesn't to us.

all the best shez.