Sheridan Has Gone & Thank You Shez

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world

I've not read the whole thread but I personally think its a sad day for the club. Shez was a great servant for our club, he was here for ten years as a player, coach and manager. I want to thank Shez for all his hard work over this time and I'm sure we all wish him all the best for the future. I hope he doesnt stay away from the club when asked to come and do the latics lotto or something similar because he really is a latics legend.

Cheers Shez

End of the season was the time to act.

If he was going to go at the end of the season then he may as well go now...We were never going to get back into the playoff positions with Sheridan in charge, too much has happened off the pitch and our form on it has been very poor for a while.

Considering everything, I think the right decision has been made, and this will give us a fighting chance and may lift the players at a crucial time...time will tell!!!

I give the next manager 1 and a half seasons before the first "Mr X out" post is on here

I think you're being over generous :lol: i'll put my mortgage on him being Hung,Drawn and Quartered long before then,

The minimum requirement on here will be Premiership football on less than 5000 gates within the next 24 months, God help the bloke who can't deliver this :unsure:

Despite recent results and performances, today is a very sad day for me.

I know there has been a clamour over the last week or so and I had my own say last weekend, but I do have a lot of sympathy and time for the man.

I think this is the right decision for all concerned and at least, as I said last week, it gives the new man 9 games to try to turn things round and try to get us back into the playoffs.

Thanks John for all your efforts. Your time here as a player will not be forgotten especially when you came out of retirement in our hour of need despite your knee condition. Your work with the youngsters has seen several good products progress to the youth team and when you took over, you gave us our club back. It may have soured in recent months, with fans calling for you to go, but hopefully you will draw on the experience of the last 3 years and come back to the game again. I hope you do.

And Finally, I am sure when everyone has had time to reflect and a little water has passed under the bridge, you will be warmly welcomed back at BP on match days to receive the applause that your time with us richly deserves.

Once again, I thank you and good luck.

Cheers,

Harry

I echo those sentiments.

I give the next manager 1 and a half seasons before the first "Mr X out" post is on here.

I would like to thank Shez for all the great Saturdays he has given us and wish his successor all the luck in the world. By god he is going to need it.

To follow this, who would want the job after the crap and vittreol spouted by the muppets abusing Sheridan at the game yesterday. Did you enjoy your sniff off the barmaids apron little boys?

After what Sheridan has done in the 10 years he has been at the club it was well out of order - I hope a few people get the opportunity to abuse you in your jobs one day.

Muppets

Firstly, thanks to Sheridan, for the last three years, but this extends to the wider picture, and his time as a coach/player. always had the club at heart and good look in whatever you goon to do. Right time for a change, from both parties i think.

The main reason for this post however is to congratulate TTA on having the balls to stand up and be counted. how many times have we all seen a change at the top is needed, and its gone on for months before action is taken, ultimatly righting off another season?

we now have the chance (all be it a small one) of a new manager injecting life into the club at the right time of the season.

Onwards and upwards. Cheers TTA

_ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _'_ Blue and White Army!!

I was 'Shez in' all the way, for the simple fact that in the 19 of the 22 years of my life that I've been dragged along/gone willingly to watch the Latics with my Dad, certain individuals have made a greater impression on me than others. I'm sure that this is the same for everyone, however long or short you've followed the Blues or any other team. For me though, Shez was the best of the lot. The first Latics player, who made me, as a teenager, really appreciate that football could be something to enjoy, something beautiful, whether the team was playing well or getting hammered. He made watching the really bad Latics teams we've had in this division bearable and is probably the only reason other than my Dad for me sticking with the club when I could have found other interests.

I fully understand that the board have to make decisions based on their own analysis and instinct. The owners have the best interests of the club at heart and I totally respect their decision.

But it's been tough reading some of the abuse thrown a the guy on this masseage board by some, when he's done so much for the club in the past decade. Making the physical sacrifices he made when coming out of retirement against medical advice to save the club on the field in 2003 when so many others were doing all they could to save it off the field is something that should never be forgotten. 16th August 2003 at Hillsbrough will be a day I'll never forget, seeing him score from the spot in front of the Kop at my favourite away ground in the country, and then being applauded from all sides at the end was just the sort of adulation a player of his calibre deserved.

I can say that from now on the first result I'll look for will always be the club that Shez is involved at. I wish him all the best and hope he turns into the manager that we all know he can be. There's a club out there whose fans are going to be very lucky to have him some time soon, I'm sure.

Currently in semi-exile, next week is due to be my first game since Hartlepool at home in January. Even after yesterday and recent events/results, I really can't wait to see the lads and hopefully a good win, but the place won't be the same with Shez on the pitch or on the touchline.

It's a real shame it had to come to an end, but Shez is my favourite player of all time. From older people I know, the players you watch in your formative years are the ones that you admire forever, and I'm sure that will be the case for me with Shez.

All the best for the future Shez, if you or anyone you know reads this.

I'm sick and tired of him stressing the need for consistancy.

Why hasn't he got the players in for extra training already? He has no commitment to the club and I hear he swore at home when he cut his finger with a knife. That is no way to act especially around children.

Mr X out!

The posts about a witch hunt on here are strange its a forum for airing your views I have been a happy clapping Shez inner but lost complete faith in recent weeks as the position he got us in should have been the basis to kick on not implode in the fashion we have. The players have a huge responsibility for this but ultimately it was up to Shez to manage it, unfortunately he has not managed to do it.

Great player but lets not kid ourselves If it had gone superbly he would of been off to the Wendies or Leeds in due course.

You know what you're right! Witches were either drowned or burned at the stake, either way they didn't have to suffer the indignity of being pulled to pieces week in week out (even when the teams done well) by a load of gifted tacticians/ Football genius's

Happy clapping NO, Utmost Respect YES Show some humility if you have any of it in your body :huh:

The honey moon period of a new manager will take us up!

The board IMO Should have acted a few games earlier but its done and that’s the main thing.

Onwards and upwards!!!!!

I will always have the upmost respect for Sheridan as a player and a coach. The man came out of retirement and played for us in our hour of need with a gimpy knee, and was risking crippling himself in the process.

He has also oversaw the development at some point of some of the clubs youngsters, such as eardley, smalley, and lewi.

It is a sad day for me, would have loved to hve gone up under his stewardship as such a loyal servant to the club, but as a manager he fell just short and never quite cracked the discipline.

Wish him all the best for the future, but all in all right decision.

I really think we need to appoint externally (unless TP wants the job), a fresh face with fresh ideas who can assess the players objectively.

I'm sick and tired of him stressing the need for consistancy.

I think it is the right decision, I said I was willing to back Shez until Christmas, then said I'd back him until the end of the season when he'd surely have to go when the inevitable failure materialised. Since Christmas performances have steadily deteriorated and 4 wins since Boxing day shows how poor we have been. Unfortunately Shez didn't learn from his mistakes, the baffling like for like subs the criminal over looking of the other midfield options we have at the club and the disgraceful treatment of Lewi, O'Grady and Davies in favour of journeymen strikers. Add to that the strange loan signing of players that are no better than what we have, have shown a stark disrespsct to his own players. If you then take into account the constant rumours of unrest from the squad and boardroom along with the perceived drinking culture Shez's downfall was inevitable. I am genuinely sorry he has failed, the guy will always be an Oldham athletic legend, but given the resources he has had from the owners and the fantastic positions he has guided us to, to then not build on that is criminal and the explanation for his ultimate failure.

Good luck John wherever you end up - fantsatic player could have been a fantastic manager but just did not learn from experience. Good luck wherever you end up and thank for you Forest NYD '07 and Everton away.

Well done TTA in acting now, the situation is retrievable with the RIGHT appointment. as for the players - you all should be ashamed and take a long hard bloody look at yourselves, especially the senior members of the squad who have despite the managers informal approach to managing a football club have took the piss out of an easy going manager.

Edited by oafcprozac