Who takes temporary charge of the team...?

Reading over some of the posts since we got beat yesterday and the shouts for Sheridan's head and how we were meant to be in the play offs blah blah blah. Well were an average League 1 team with home gates struggling to get 5000. At lot of you sound like Man U fan's who think it's their 'right' to be the best. Were lucky to be up there with a chance. Look at the teams below us with higher gates, yet we've managed to last most of the season to stay up there with the big boys and money men.

I was there yesterday and it wasn't good to watch, MK Dons out-played us but also got lucky that our defence had Hazell missing and we had to put our 3rd choice Gk in net. I'm sure Shez has his reasons for why he didn't start Stam, we don't see what he see's throughout the week in training. Shout's of bring back Andy Ritchie and Joe Royle just make me laugh at how fickle football fan's can be. I want Shez to stay as it's proven in football that a manager who stays leads to a successfull team. Sacking him now will not achieve anything!

Yesterday I heard a lad saying 'why's Shez put F*ckin Budtz in net, he should of put Windass in' What?! How is it Sheridan's fault that Fleming got a knock and couldn't play. Sure he's made mistakes but so do all managers. I think a bit more critism should be placed on the players. Why aren't they capable of motivating themselves and putting in a decent performance when it matters. They've all got potential to help achieve promotion with Latics so they shouldn't need a manager to motivate them at this time of the season.

There's only 9 games left and if you want to moan throughout them and boo at any little mistake, you'll spend summer annoyed that we missed out on another chance of promotion. Now, I've got this crazy idea that us supporters should get behind the manager and players and urge them back into the play-offs. First by beating Tranmere on Saturday and taking it from there. We can re-enter the play offs on a high and give a really good shot at it.

Keep the Faith

Sheridan to stay.

I agree with what you have put and I'm sure most fans a couple of weeks ago even would be backing Shez. I was all for backing him but you can't ignore what has gone on recently. It's been pretty shameful. The time to act I'm afraid is now.

DONT! Put Tommy Wright & Duxbury In charge!

We need somebody new to the club and to shake things up and grab it by the balls.

Now that Frank Gallagher has been sacked, its time to rid the club of this pally pally drinking culture and sack Wright and Duxbury.

Its like when Steve Malaren took over the England job he was partly to blame for lacklustre displays under Sven as he was the vocal number two and look what happened there.

Tommy Wright is the most vocal on the touch line and it would be a massive insult to us if him or dux were to take over, GET RID START A FRESH!

P.S

HAPPY DAYS! Told you all Sheridan wouldn't get us promotion nearly two years ago!! :grin:

Edited by KYLEOAFC

hmm ironic as I wrote that he got sacked. Annoyed but thanks Shez you did your best with what you had here at Latics (Not much).

Right to the end you still didn't get it did you?

Ah well! some people will never pop their head out of the box.

Right to the end you still didn't get it did you?

Ah well! some people will never pop their head out of the box.

What didn't I get? It's called being loyal and not shooting someone down as soon as it gets tough. The thing is with 'you lot' is that we'll be in this position in 2 years time with you wanting *insert manager* sacked and thinking how we should be out of this league. The only way to stop the rot is to stick with a manager and ride the storm. Look at Fergies first 3 years, and how the fan's wanted him out.

Put Tommy Wright & Duxbury In charge!

We need somebody new to the club and to shake things up and grab it by the balls.

Now that Frank Gallagher has been sacked, its time to rid the club of this pally pally drinking culture and sack Wright and Duxbury.

Its like when Steve Malaren took over the England job he was partly to blame for lacklustre displays under Sven as he was the vocal number two and look what happened there.

Tommy Wright is the most vocal on the touch line and it would be a massive insult to us if him or dux were to take over, GET RID START A FRESH!

P.S

HAPPY DAYS! Told you all Sheridan wouldn’t get us promotion nearly two years ago!! :grin:

its still a sad day for oldham athletic...one of its own great players has failed at the final hurdle and the football has suffered and the fans have to.

if they put wright n dux in charge it will be for one game,until a new manager is sorted out,otherwise they should of just stuck with shez until summer.

they wouldnt sack someone without a replacement almost lined up,that would be utter madness.