my team:

4-1-3-2

Supple

Eardley Gregan Stam Jones

Lee

Smalley Ferreira Taylor

Hughes Alessandra

Subs: Bell, Lomax, Maher, Allott, Kabba

we need legs, bite and energy in midfield. Time for the old legs to be removed, step forward Lee into the engine room.
Would like to see ferreira involved behind the front 2, yes i know hes a winger but seeing as both CT and DS are dangerous lets give them something else to think about, he is small and nippy and obviously has something about him being from chelsea. We'll have pace running at people and threading balls through to the front 2 which is how they want it, not over their heads.

Thoughts?

my team:

4-1-3-2

Supple

Lee

Smalley Ferreira Taylor

Hughes Alessandra

we need legs, bite and energy in midfield. Time for the old legs to be removed, step forward Lee into the engine room.

Would like to see ferreira involved behind the front 2, yes i know hes a winger but seeing as both CT and DS are dangerous lets give them something else to think about, he is small and nippy and obviously has something about him being from chelsea. We'll have pace running at people and threading balls through to the front 2 which is how they want it, not over their heads.

Thoughts?

I know people are talking with watery eyes and telling all you whipper snappers that Joe will go "gung ho" but there is no way on earth that line up will start on Saturday.

Cheers,

Harry

my team:

4-1-3-2

Supple

Lee

Smalley Ferreira Taylor

Hughes Alessandra

Thoughts?

Apart from Hines and Budtz, I don't expect too many changes from the side Shez would put out, I just think that tactically we will be different and Joe will probably get an extra 25% out of the players.

He certainly won't swap like for like if we are behind in the second half!!

I know people are talking with watery eyes and telling all you whipper snappers that Joe will go "gung ho" but there is no way on earth that line up will start on Saturday.

Cheers,

Harry

:laught16:

Ahh... how I larfed... A Joe Royle team without wingers.... as you say, if that happens on saturday then I reserve the right to labotomise the imposter that is our manager on the touchline, and see which Alien is living inside his brain.

Cheers,

Harry

cant see there being major wholesale changes...but he did say on the official site last night that come saturday he will "be going for it" so its goona be piss funny watching the colour drain out of ronnies face when he realises were not gonna lump it and pass it in and around them and be 2 up by halftime...

the team depends on how training has gone this week,everybody has been called in with the exception of stephens and crossley who are injured,the slate is clean and everybody has a chance,which is how it should be....as for not playing someone who is not proven....in joes eyes if there ready it doesnt matter how old or how often they have played.

Supple

Eardley Gregan Stam Lomax

Taylor Maher Allot Jones

Kabba Hughes

I know Jones likes to say hes a full back but he can deal with the ball and hes a brilliant crosser get him going forward.

To be honest we could end up with any permiation (ill will more thank likely be wrong with my suggestion)

ill be interested to see if Taylor stays on the left wing.

As I mentioned in a different thread yesterday, I think the biggest hint of the team on Saturday may well be those in 'bibs' on the photos from the 1st training session....take a look.

In other words, I'd be suprised if it is very much different from Saturday - poss Smalley upfront alongside Hughes if Taylor fit (again checking the bibs - or lack of them).

Large changes in formation or personnel have never been Big Joe's style (during the game excepted).

As I mentioned in a different thread yesterday, I think the biggest hint of the team on Saturday may well be those in 'bibs' on the photos from the 1st training session....take a look.

In other words, I'd be suprised if it is very much different from Saturday - poss Smalley upfront alongside Hughes if Taylor fit (again checking the bibs - or lack of them).

Large changes in formation or personnel have never been Big Joe's style (during the game excepted).

there'll be no rb playing at lb crap and moreso seeing as we do have 2 natural lb's at the club. i doubt that the bib wearing gives anything away, probably the team on sat vs the rest was the format and joe judged us off that? Hes seen the Bristol game so he knows how we've/who has been playing.

It'll be interesting thats for sure!

there'll be no rb playing at lb crap and moreso seeing as we do have 2 natural lb's at the club. i doubt that the bib wearing gives anything away, probably the team on sat vs the rest was the format and joe judged us off that? Hes seen the Bristol game so he knows how we've/who has been playing.

It'll be interesting thats for sure!

id be tempted to go with something like

supple

eardly greegan stam goldbourne

taylor(if fit)maher allott jones

kabba hughes

if taylors not fit then smalley on the right...

subs

flem(if fit)lewis,whittacker,lee,liddell

goldbourne and eardly to over lap down the flanks. taylor(smalley)jones to run at people and put the crosses in.think allott will be encouraged to get forward more with maher holding.

defo greegan going up for corners etc.

Supple

Liddell Allott Westlake Smalley/Taylor

Hughes Kabba

Subs: Fleming Golbourne Maher Alessandra Smalley/Taylor/Liddell

Can't believe so few have put Liddell in - the best crosser of a ball we have (barring Jones maybe) not getting a look in under the biggest lover of a winger in English football management???? :lol:

Edited by dfOAFC

Supple

Liddell Allott Westlake Smalley/Taylor

Hughes Kabba

Subs: Fleming Golbourne Maher Alessandra Smalley/Taylor/Liddell

Can't believe so few have put Liddell in - the best crosser of a ball we have (barring Jones maybe) not getting a look in under the biggest lover of a winger in English football management???? :lol:

LIDDELL?!! Thats because in our glory years we played with 2 wingers who could beat a man, not 35yr olds crossing and pointing from the halfway line. Liddell is a last resort only.!

You know what? I haven't got a clue what the team will be, what will be in Joe's mind, or who will have shown that extra yard in training.

I think Supple and Westlake will start.

Assuming Westlake starts, do you sacrifice Allott or Maher?

I think he'll go for Jones at left back over and above Golbourne, because of the attacking threat.

He'll like Smalley's pace but prefer Liddell's delivery. I think he'll go for Smalley.

Up front? I keep coming back to Lewis Alessandra. I think he'll play. Have confidence Lewis. And don't fall over!

Subs? Kabba for pace. Lee for pace. Whichever one is left out from Maher or Allott. Bell. Golbourne.

SUPPLE

EARDLEY

JONES

GREGAN

STAM

TAYLOR

SMALLEY

MAHER

WESTLAKE

ALESSANDRA

HUGHES

BELL

GOLBOURNE

LEE

ALLOTT

KABBA

Where does that leave Whitaker and Liddell? They don't seem to fit in this squad. Is it too late to draft in Limpar and Kanchelskis?

Does it matter which 11 play? If the motivation is now better, we should win the game!

Edited by opinions4u