Stam and Westlake will start

I think he should start Fabio after the impact he had when coming of the bench on Tuesday

Giving youth a chance where possible is a definate indicator of building for the future too

I would love to see young Brooke and Eaves get a couple of games before the end of the season. Been very impressed with them.

I doubt that Greegs will be dropped. If we are playing 442 then it will probably be Rubes sitting on the bench

352 may be a possibility though with 3 cb's. Is Eardley good enough at the moment to play as a wingback though

I doubt that Greegs will be dropped. If we are playing 442 then it will probably be Rubes sitting on the bench

352 may be a possibility though with 3 cb's. Is Eardley good enough at the moment to play as a wingback though

Its crazy how some peoples player of the season is too be dropped

I really wouldn't be supprised to see 3-5-2. We are losing games in the middle of the pitch.

I would like to see Alexandra up front but I think it will be Hughes with either Kabba or Smalley.

I wouldnt mind seeing

Supple

Rubes Greegs Stam

Fabio Maher Whits/Smalley Westlake Taylor

Hughes Alexandra

or

Supple

Rubes Greegs Stam

Fabio Maher Taylor Westlake Jones

Hughes Alexandra

Edited by daniel8157

very true but does Joe see it that way

Rubes as a rb could work or we just play 352 and pack the midfield more. Would 352 leave us short at the back though?

Need to make sure we score more goals than we concede and at the moment I can't see that happening sadly

He wont give us any attacking options down the right,

No point playing Hazzell out of position when Lomax is available

Im not sure we would need them with the line up i put. Pass it out of defence. We aren't scoring goals so we can't afford to concede them.

Player of the season? Everyone I spoke to at Cheltenham was of the same opinion - he's been a liability since Christmas. He constantly looks nervy and makes mistakes when not under the slightest bit of pressure. I hoped his two game absence might have helped him regain some sort of focus but he was dodgy to say the least the other night. Has to be Stam until the end of the season and i'm sure that's the way Joe will go as he has praised Gregan a few times since his arrival. As for Rubes he has said a few times about how he is hooked on championship manager and regular plays for 8/9 hours at a time with his mate Byfield. Time to regain a bit of focus and get out on the training pitch to try and regain your pre-Christmas consistency. So the bench for me.

Special mention for Kelvin, despite his dodgy spell he looked very assured and the hoofing from him had gone, looked back to his assured best - doing simple things well.

Player of the season before signing his contract... Pretty shocking performances since and cost us quite a few goals (yoevil, colchester and tried his best to do the same on Tuesday night)

Reuben should be dropped anyway. He had a nightmare on tuesday.

rubes is not that good anyway, and spends half the time covering for his own mistakes

for some reason he escapes criticsm by a lot of posters on here who are to busy slagging eardley or gregan

Edited by palmer1

Reuben should be dropped anyway. He had a nightmare on tuesday.

i think he will go either 3-5-2 or 4-5-1

he knows were over run in midfield,hence westlake arriving,and he also knows bar greegan and jones defence is pretty shocking,think eards :censored: his hole full at home not chasing down that ball....and his at times woeful distribution.

i fully expect once its no longer a possibility of playoff he will drop the seniors left right n centre to blood the young in readiness for next season...

gonna be one hell of a cull come june.

Hazell's no right back.

I can see the 3-5-2

Supple

Hazell

Gregan

Stam

Fabio

Whitaker

Allott

Westlake

Taylor

Hughes

Smalley/Alessandra/Loan striker/Kabba

I've suggested this myself a few months ago...Not sure Fabio would be comfortable playing wing back so I'd move Taylor to the right and play Jones on the left for a better balance but I agree with the formation and there could be a goal or two there!

I've suggested this myself a few months ago...Not sure Fabio would be comfortable playing wing back so I'd move Taylor to the right and play Jones on the left for a better balance but I agree with the formation and there could be a goal or two there!

I have always thought that our players would suit a 3-5-2.

We have attacking fulls backs in jones and eardley who are weak defensively but can get forward and whip the ball into the box. We struggle for pace at the back (gregan) which means our full backs are uncomfortable leaving gregan at the back in case we have a counter attack against us. The addition of an extra defender should give the full backs freedom to do what they do well and get forward. Also means if eardley is further forward he can't just lump it forward when no one in midfield wants the ball.

My team would be

Supple

Hazell Gregan Stam

Eardley Jones

Taylor Westlake Whittaker

Hughes Allesandra

We might actually see some decent passing football with this team