Stam and Westlake will start

I've suggested this myself a few months ago...Not sure Fabio would be comfortable playing wing back so I'd move Taylor to the right and play Jones on the left for a better balance but I agree with the formation and there could be a goal or two there!

Can't believe I dropped Jones!! :shock:

Joe please don't drop Hazell for Stam, FFS!?! Three at the back I can live with but Stam and AN Other in the centre and you're having a laugh. Impressed with him v Tranny? He was an absolute duck egg.

Or is this another prime example of giving up on this season and concentrating on next? Stam is out of contract, let's see if he's worth another.

E4e

GIVUP

Joe please don't drop Hazell for Stam, FFS!?! Three at the back I can live with but Stam and AN Other in the centre and you're having a laugh. Impressed with him v Tranny? He was an absolute duck egg.

Or is this another prime example of giving up on this season and concentrating on next? Stam is out of contract, let's see if he's worth another.

E4e

GIVUP

How is Joe going to find out if Stam is worth another contract if he doesn't have an opportunity to play? On recent performances, Hazell has hit an extremely low point and has cost the club a LOT of points and playing Stam is definately an improvement.

Royle is dropping Rubey by the looks of things or Gregan? Or maybe he is playing 3 CB?

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...1603284,00.html

Stambo definitely starts on Saturday and our star striker leaves today.....................

.....................anyone feel an Ian Marshall moment coming on? :wink:

Players on a biggish wage and nearing the end of their contract (allegedly):

Liddell - not being picked

Maher - not being picked

Hughes - loaned out

Gregan - being replaced by Stam (well, why not?)

Allott - ???

I can see

Supple

Lomax

Hazell

Stam

Jones

Taylor

Fabio

Westlake

Whitaker

Kabba

Smalley

A lot of pace in that line up.

Can it create the goals?

In the season we reached the playoffs under Shez Stam started the campaign in the team alongside Haining and was arguably our best player until he got injured and Gregan was brought in on loan to cover for him.Given a run of games and the confidence of the manager and coaches Stam is a solid defender and well worth his place in the side.As mentioned there are quite a few players playing for there futures now,lets hope that will be reflected in there coming performances and we see a better run of results.

How is Joe going to find out if Stam is worth another contract if he doesn't have an opportunity to play? On recent performances, Hazell has hit an extremely low point and has cost the club a LOT of points and playing Stam is definately an improvement.

Stam an improvement on Hazell? We'll agree to disagree.

We're still in the promotion mix, if Wolfy's contract was up at the end of the season, would you expect him to play?

E4e

CNFSD

Stam an improvement on Hazell? We'll agree to disagree.

We're still in the promotion mix, if Wolfy's contract was up at the end of the season, would you expect him to play?

E4e

CNFSD

Hazell was outstanding in the first half of the season, but in the recent dozen games he has been extremely poor. On the basis that he has developed a recent habit of gifting the opposition forwards with stupid backpasses in nearly every game then the right time has come to drop him.

Wolfy is a different argument altogether. Whereas Stam has had good runs in the team and has performed well and deserves a new contract, Wolfie hasn't had more than the odd start followed by a few minutes off the bench in the next game and then dropped completely for the next, and without the backup of regular reserve football, it's difficult to gauge his capabilities.

So are you saying that Hazell deserves his place on current form?

Players on a biggish wage and nearing the end of their contract (allegedly):

Liddell - not being picked

Maher - not being picked

Hughes - loaned out

Gregan - being replaced by Stam (well, why not?)

Allott - ???

I can see

Supple

Lomax

Hazell

Stam

Jones

Taylor

Fabio

Westlake

Whitaker

Kabba

Smalley

A lot of pace in that line up.

Can it create the goals?

Because Royle says in his LW interview that Gregan has been one of the few positives from the 2 games since he took over.