next seasons manager i wonder

Once Antigua fail to qualify for the World Cup I think Joe might be making a call to a certain Scottish coach...

Do we really think history will repeat itself ?

The game is total different from the 1980's and 1990's. Willie Donachie and big Joe did it once, but this league and english football is a different animal now, its harder, you have to be fitter stronger and more dedicated not GIVING UP half way through a season

Do we really think history will repeat itself ?

The game is total different from the 1980's and 1990's. Willie Donachie and big Joe did it once, but this league and english football is a different animal now, its harder, you have to be fitter stronger and more dedicated not GIVING UP half way through a season

willie was recently millwall manager,and is still in the game....good coaches keep up with the modern game and modern techniques.

shez was hardly inspirational with his training methods was he,only when the new physio came in did we see the ice baths and proper warm down and different training things.

willie was recently millwall manager,and is still in the game....good coaches keep up with the modern game and modern techniques.

shez was hardly inspirational with his training methods was he,only when the new physio came in did we see the ice baths and proper warm down and different training things.

Willie Donachie isnt cut from the same cloth in regards to modern techniques like you may think. Big Sam and Phil Brown are the kind of coaches you are thinking of.

Willie Donachie isnt cut from the same cloth in regards to modern techniques like you may think. Big Sam and Phil Brown are the kind of coaches you are thinking of.

yeah i know.but im sure both are up to date so to speak with the modern game.

i know one thing is certain,big joe will sort out the club from top to bottom,and bring in good quality young and hungry players with the odd old head.

he isnt affraid to blood youngsters,and certainly wont rely on a team of vastly experienced old heads who arent as mobile as they should be.

he may or may not go for willie d,or andy ritchie,he may stun everybody and appoint someone we dont know.

just like he may walk away come the end of may,having sorted out the discipline side,or tta's may already be working on a new appointment that we dont know about.

The sentimentality is nice while it lasts. For this season. I mean, face it, if it wasn't for Joe I'd have little to no interest left about now. It's been fantastic seeing him back, seeing him in the thick of it, getting the goosebumps before the Tranmere game. Lovely stuff. But next season is a different kettle of fish, and new optimism is borne.

But, moving forward we need someone like Keith Hill or Jim Gannon. They can work with a cute budget, local lads and both believe in good, on-the-deck football, which is what OAFC is all about. Joe Royle managed in an era where fans had far more patience; there were no manager merry-go-rounds and the only say a fan had was to phone in to the creaking switchboard on GMR occasionally. It's all want want want now with fans, they can tweet, text, type opinions to the world a minute after the whistle is blown and I'd say a huge majority of ours have little or no recollection of Joe being a manager before. They will soon be calling for his head on a plate once we go a couple of goals down at fricking Bury or something, and when that day comes a piece of my heart will die.

I think I can just about put up with it when it's a Moore, or a Talbot who I have absolutely no affinity with. But should some people start it with Big Joe and I really will feel like jacking the whole thing in and do something else on a Saturday.

Sorry Rick, but I take issue with this. You were there last week at the Trust do, and Andy Barlow remarked that with regards to training methods Willie was well ahead of his time through things he learnt whilst playing in America and through his own research. Andy commented that Willie was doing similar things re: Sports Science to Brown and Allardyce 20 years ago.

There is no reason at all why JR could not bring us the success we want next season? IF you think the game has changed somewhat since the 80' and 90's then fine, that may well be the case but if you are saying that he hasnt grown with the game then give me some evidence to back up your statement.

Of course if we go 6 games without a win there will be people calling for Joes head, Just as there would be at any club. Do you not think JR has been round long enough and has enough savvy to realise that?

In the first week at the club he has made changes and I think he will be here next season. He will make many more changes and I have said it in another thread and will say it again - I do not think there is anyone who could do a better job than JR. He knows the people, he knows many of the fans, he knows how the club operates and he knows that the club will give him free reign to sort out the team his way.

If JR put the whole team up for sale tommorrow then as far as I am concerned he has reason to do it and as a fan he has my backing.

Joe will have a picture in his mind and ideas on what he wants to achieve .... It may not happen overnight but we now live in interesting times.....There are a lot more changes and developments to come thats for sure