Good Luck Glossop North End

Glossop take on Chalfont St. Peter tomorrow in the away leg of the semi final

The home leg is a week tomorrow at Surrey St. which has now sold out.

The Final is at Wembley... which unfortunately is my only realistic chance of seeing the Arch this season..

===================================================================

If anyones interested the game ended 3-3 with Glossop coming back from 3-1 down.

It's all to play for now in the 2nd leg.

Glossop rode their luck a bit throughout the game but could have stole a win in the dying seconds

when a shot just flashed past the post.

A bit of trouble on the terraces as well when we got the equaliser...rumour was it was Wycombe Wanderers fans

who came down after their early kick-off game.

========================================================================

If anyones interested the game ended 3-3 with Glossop coming back from 3-1 down.

It's all to play for now in the 2nd leg.

Glossop rode their luck a bit throughout the game but could have stole a win in the dying seconds

when a shot just flashed past the post.

A bit of trouble on the terraces as well when we got the equaliser...rumour was it was Wycombe Wanderers fans

who came down after their early kick-off game.

Did you go down? I heard 200 went down from Glossop, wish I was going to the 2nd leg now but it sold out on Friday, 1600 fans expected at Surrey Street on Sat, bet the Friendship will be rammed for that one and what are the odds on people getting onto the roof of KFC? I think a Football Special should be on the card if they make it, because the entire town is probably going to go

Did you go down? I heard 200 went down from Glossop, wish I was going to the 2nd leg now but it sold out on Friday, 1600 fans expected at Surrey Street on Sat, bet the Friendship will be rammed for that one and what are the odds on people getting onto the roof of KFC? I think a Football Special should be on the card if they make it, because the entire town is probably going to go

Yeah i went down, was nearer 300 i would have said! Got my ticket for sat., CSP have been given 300 tickets which have not been selling well so any returns will be on sale on Sat. morning from the Chron. office i'm told.

Final on May the 10th IF we make it! They are a strong side so its not a done deal yet... :)

Wembely, wembely were the famous glossop army and were goin' to wemberly

and we'll drink in all the bars when we lift the fA Vase

cos glossop are the greatest football team......(after Oldham)

Yessssssssss

Glossop is hammered, all the bars are packed......

what a day...

1 - 1 after 90 mins

1 - 2 in 1st 15mins

1 min. of injury time in extra time and we score Yessssssssssss. cue the pitch invasion....

now penelaties!!!!!!

We win 6-5....massive pitch invasion .....absolutley fantastic....highlights on Channel M Friday at 7.00 oclock

sounded like sheer drama at Surrey Street yesterday. I was at Latics instead but I got back asap and the place was buzzing yesterday, I ended up in the Moon and Six and there was this massive Dog with a GNE scarf on, and we were singing it was great fun.

Wembely, wembely were the famous glossop army and were goin' to wemberly

and we'll drink in all the bars when we lift the fA Vase

cos glossop are the greatest football team......(after Oldham)

Yessssssssss

Glossop is hammered, all the bars are packed......

what a day...

1 - 1 after 90 mins

1 - 2 in 1st 15mins

1 min. of injury time in extra time and we score Yessssssssssss. cue the pitch invasion....

now penelaties!!!!!!

We win 6-5....massive pitch invasion .....absolutley fantastic....highlights on Channel M Friday at 7.00 oclock

i woulkd like to have gone really tho i went to latics and the day sounds so good

Just got back from tonights game we battered Nelson 3-0...could have been 6

except their goalie pulled off some great saves.

Bring on Whitley Bay.... :grin:

==================================================

I walked past it on my way to meet my mates at the Wrens Nest

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.highpeakradio.co.uk/listen.html

As an alternative to the two Premiergreed games being shown on Sunday i have attached a link

for the live commentary of The FA Vase Final (FA Cup for non-league teams) Glossop v Whitley Bay.

KO is at 2.30

Come on the Hillmen!.....

http://www.highpeakradio.co.uk/listen.html

As an alternative to the two Premiergreed games being shown on Sunday i have attached a link

for the live commentary of The FA Vase Final (FA Cup for non-league teams) Glossop v Whitley Bay.

KO is at 2.30

Come on the Hillmen!.....

im reeeally looking forward to it

im reeeally looking forward to it

Glossop lost 2-0 crowd of over 12,000 though, not bad at all...

Whitley Bay became the first North East club to claim a trophy at the new Wembley today with a 2-0 win to lift the FA Vase.

The Seahorses produced a magnificent display in front of 10,000 fans who had travelled to London to watch their heroes lift the cup.

It was ten minutes before the interval when the North Tynesiders broke the deadlock with Derbyshire club, Glossop North End.

Paul Chow superbly held the ball up and slipped it to Lee Kerr who took it past two defenders before firing home.

Then on 44 minutes, star striker Chow put Whitley Bay 2-0 up, scoring the 40th goal of his season in the process.

The strike made him the third man to achieve the remarkable landmark in one season, with Seaside greats Ray Oliver and the legendary Billy Wright the other marksmen to hit the top 40.

A tense second half produced concerted Glossop pressure but the Seahorses held on to emerge 2-0 winners in front of an official attendance of 12,212.

Whitley Bay's Lee Kerr was named man of the match with the club picking up £20,000 to go with the FA Carlsberg Vase trophy.

I had a fantastic childhood holiday in Whitley Bay as a kid.

Loved the Spanish City funfair (as mentioned in Dire Straits' Tunnel of Love) and the leisure centre which had real waves in the swimming pool!

Lighthouse accessed by a causeway that was covered by the sea as the tide came in.

Caravan ovelrooking the sea.