Bury's Season Ticket Offer....

I wouldn't mind it every now and then...but wouldn't want it as a regular thing. It should only be done on those dates we know we get low crowds, like that Saturday before Xmas game or that wintery Tuesday night game in January etc etc etc. As has been said, to offer it more regularly than 3 or 4 times a season and it would be a case of "The concept of a ????? fan FREQUENTLY paying less than me is not one I welcome...."

Another thing I'd like to see is block tickets sold....like during October to December (when crowds can start to dwindle with Xmas coming etc.) a 5-game ticket being sold for say, £75. Or something like a 10 game Ticket at, say, £150 and those 10 games can be used whenever you wish in the season (whereas, they might have only made 5 or 6 games in a season usually etc.) Any other games, then obviously you pay full whack. The idea being to cater for a lot of fans who know they can't make a full season due to work etc. or they would get an ST otherwise. Those who would get ST's regardless (like myself and those who have had them for years and wouldn't stop getting one) would get them anyway.

I'm thinking off the top of my head here, so if there's obvious flaws I've missed, then apologies. But I just think that there are a number of our core who can be enticed with some flexible bulk tickets being offered coz I know some don't buy, simply due to not being able to commit to 23 homes games, for whatever reasons.

Edited by boundaryblue80

I wouldn't mind it every now and then...but wouldn't want it as a regular thing. It should only be done on those dates we know we get low crowds, like that Saturday before Xmas game or that wintery Tuesday night game in January etc etc etc.

There are many worthwhile ideas in BB80's post. So I'll just focus on the one negative I can find :wink:

We've been at it for years - we get people in on the cheap or free when we could almost lay guarantee that the games will be :censored:!

Come to OAFC!

Sunset at half time

Freezing cold

Dismal opposition ensuring a bland game

Pie and drink deficit

Rubbish atmosphere as regulars sit in corners eyeing veins with blades

It makes sense to do this at Premiership grounds where most fans just can't get in most of the time - sell them cheap to get the seats filled and maybe hook the odd kid for later - but we have empty seats at some of our most attractive games.

Please.... Get the possible new fans into the spare seats for a match they might enjoy, instead of ones that even the hardcore turn up to hating that sense of obligation that drives us on? I costs no more to let someone have a spare seat for a big game in October as it does against a rubbish team in mid December. Let them see us when they might enjoy it and they might pay to come back...

It really is a tough balance for the club.

They club need to be able to sell as many full price season tickets and match day admissions as possible - doubling attendances but diminishing income can only be done short term.

The have to try new things to attract new fans, without taking for granted the existing fans who have paid the full amount.

They have shown innovation. Free tickets to schools happens. BOGOF v Orient happened. I got the habit from the £2/£1 admission for the Brighton/Northampton games before Christmas in Sheridan's first season. Bought a half season ticket on the back of it and full seasons since. My son wouldn't be without his Latics fix. So as some fans drift away, promotional activity can bring in new ones.

Attracting Man Utd/Man City/Rochdale fans to home games would be a positive. They can learn to love 2 teams. While their main allegiance would probably be where they came from, that doesn't have to stop them cheering on the Latics every few weeks. As long as they don't turn up with AIG on their shirts! But the point "I shouldn't be charged more than a Citeh season ticket holder" has merit. A question of finding that balance.

The one thing the club don't do is promote the part season ticket (except at Christmas). After the first few games they should have been flogging this to death.

The idea of a 5 or 10 match ticket where you can pick and choose your games to attend is absolutely superb. The discount doesn't have to be massive, but how many people would benefit and be less inclined to drift away? 10 tickets for £170, exclude any obvious "category A" games (e.g. Leeds at home on a Saturday) and let those fans sit unreserved wherever they choose in the ground.

The club missed a trick with the Royle appointment. "4 games for £65 if you buy this week". I appreciate it may have been a busy time, but once the team messed up v Tranmere the commercial opportunity was gone. Along with 2,000 fans a game for Peterborough, Crewe and Southend. I reckon that with even modest take up they did themselves out of £25k there.

They need to innvoate that little bit more.

As for raising season ticket prices? Commercial suicide.

I wouldn't mind it every now and then...but wouldn't want it as a regular thing. It should only be done on those dates we know we get low crowds, like that Saturday before Xmas game or that wintery Tuesday night game in January etc etc etc. As has been said, to offer it more regularly than 3 or 4 times a season and it would be a case of "The concept of a ????? fan FREQUENTLY paying less than me is not one I welcome...."

Another thing I'd like to see is block tickets sold....like during October to December (when crowds can start to dwindle with Xmas coming etc.) a 5-game ticket being sold for say, £75. Or something like a 10 game Ticket at, say, £150 and those 10 games can be used whenever you wish in the season (whereas, they might have only made 5 or 6 games in a season usually etc.) Any other games, then obviously you pay full whack. The idea being to cater for a lot of fans who know they can't make a full season due to work etc. or they would get an ST otherwise. Those who would get ST's regardless (like myself and those who have had them for years and wouldn't stop getting one) would get them anyway.

I'm thinking off the top of my head here, so if there's obvious flaws I've missed, then apologies. But I just think that there are a number of our core who can be enticed with some flexible bulk tickets being offered coz I know some don't buy, simply due to not being able to commit to 23 homes games, for whatever reasons.

Not a criticism, but the other issue is the fact the block season ticket would make an ideal Christmas present, but that the games we need the fans for are actually before Christmas!

But maybe it would still work as the January attendances are low. Mind oyu I am not sure if that is because our form usally slumps then or because of lack of money for most fans!

Also if we had a good start then more might buy the block ticket.

I think we should charge a fiver for every game to season ticket holders of other clubs next season.

I'll get a £125 season ticket at the dippers and use it at BP. Total cost of £240 will be a bargain.

In addition, they'll think I'm watching their garbage so I can sue Ronnie for causing me a sore neck

Edited by Latics & England