Bury's Season Ticket Offer....

They've come up with a "unique" offer for season ticket holders of all clubs.

http://www.buryfc.co.uk/page/LatestNews/0,...1615684,00.html

City ST holder at work came up with this idea about a month back and always wondered why Latics had never done something like this - as he'd probably go if it was a tenner and city werent playing or were away. A few week later, he opted to come to Latics at full whack on big joe's return against tranmere - then pretty much backtracked his statement that he'd go if it was a tenner and city werent playing.

Can understand why Bury have done it. Personally think they should be aiming their bums on seats drive at the people of bury rather than every single club in the football league's season ticket holders. Though what do you expect from such a backwards dingle town. :grin:

Latics should look to attract City/Utd fans in to BP when the "big" clubs are away from home.

For what purpose ? After all they are City and United fans... You don't think League One football and are glittering stadium is going to win them over do you :)

Like Rocky said, focus on Oldham people who aren't ST carrying enemies :)...

The concept of a city fan paying less than me is not one I welcome....

Edited by oafc0000

For what purpose ? After all they are City and United fans... You don't think League One football and are glittering stadium is going to win them over do you :)

Like Rocky said, focus on Oldham people who aren't ST carrying enemies :)...

Spot on!

I agree with that.

But the club would have a stronger financial base if it could attract City and Utd fans to follow Latics as their second team.

If anybody has any ideas ....

I agree with that.

But the club would have a stronger financial base if it could attract City and Utd fans to follow Latics as their second team.

If anybody has any ideas ....

Money isnt everything...

Or at least it shouldnt be...

Edited by oafc0000

<sigh>

cue debate on the capitalist system, the Premier League shafting the roots of English football and Leeds Utd being to$$ers.

:grin:

Or just smile at each other and then sigh in acceptance that the worlds a :censored: place run by tossers :)

Good idea from Bury. We need similar good ideas, like when Jarvis was here.... Anyone know the number for those three lovelies who sang on the halfway line?

So football is just a product... Its more about the money and selling that product than it is about the passion and rivalry...

I would rather die proud than live like that....

Edited by oafc0000

So football is just a product... Its more about the money and selling that product than it is about the passion and rivalry...

I would rather die proud than live like that....

For you, me and most on here, football is about the passion and rivalry etc etc as you say. To the majority, football is a product and for clubs like ours to survive we have to persuade enough of that majority to hand over their money to watch us. We can't hope to forever rely on our 3500 hardcore to sustain this club. I don't like that they would pay less than me, but at the end of the day they are handing over money that otherwise the club would be without.

I'd rather be sat with my United/City mate having a good time and trying to get the atmosphere going than sat next to loads of empty seats with a depressed crowd around me. I don't think people realise how many United and City fans have Oldham as their '2nd team' and I would rather take their money off them than them just looking for our scores on teletext. Yes Oldhams a team we all follow with passion but if there aint a crowd there aint a club worth supporting. I know loads of lads who support a bigger team but only watch them on Sky, so introducing them to live football could easily sway them to turn their back on the over-priced Premiership.

I'd rather be sat with my United/City mate having a good time and trying to get the atmosphere going than sat next to loads of empty seats with a depressed crowd around me. I don't think people realise how many United and City fans have Oldham as their '2nd team' and I would rather take their money off them than them just looking for our scores on teletext. Yes Oldhams a team we all follow with passion but if there aint a crowd there aint a club worth supporting. I know loads of lads who support a bigger team but only watch them on Sky, so introducing them to live football could easily sway them to turn their back on the over-priced Premiership.

The offer is aimed at REAL fans of other teams... Not arm chair supporters...

It's not a bad idea. I can imagine though that it will be declared that thousands of other teams' ST holders turned up...who are actually Bury fans who've asked their mates if they can borrow their STs to get in cheaper.

Edited by jsslatic

Edited by longtimeblue

Its not a bad idea and it will probably make them more money than they would have anyway. (Although I presume Shrewbury season ticket holders can get in cheap as well). Its on Good Friday when most people don't have a lot to do and looking at the games on, the nearest game is possibly ours to Carlisle. City, United, Notlob, Rochdale etc. are all not playing so the timing is about right. It could be something we look to do if the timing is right (no point doing it when there is footy on telly and if a lot of the local teams are at home). I'll ignore the jibe about Bury from the Rochdalian but I would point out we should be doing more than focusing on the apathetic of Oldham who have had all sorts of chances to come watch their town team and see if we can't get more people at BP from the likes of Bury, Rochdale and Tameside.

Its not a bad idea and it will probably make them more money than they would have anyway. (Although I presume Shrewbury season ticket holders can get in cheap as well).

No they don't...Premiergreed,championship and league 1 season tickets only

No they don't...Premiergreed,championship and league 1 season tickets only

Good point, must learn to read things better, although I expect some Shrewsbury fans might be able to blag a United season ticket from their mates.

I would point out we should be doing more than focusing on the apathetic of Oldham who have had all sorts of chances to come watch their town team and see if we can't get more people at BP from the likes of Bury, Rochdale and Tameside.

I've been saying this for ages, theres nothing more frustrating when the club has an offer on and bar the official site it's not advertised outside Oldham