Joe knows what's required

Joe has put across to the players the attitude he has always believed in and he's pleased with the progress being made on the training ground by Tommy and his team.

He says "we need wins at home and we need to win to restore the faith of our fans".

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/JoeRo...1625455,00.html

Joe has put across to the players the attitude he has always believed in and he's pleased with the progress being made on the training ground by Tommy and his team.

He says "we need wins at home and we need to win to restore the faith of our fans".

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/JoeRo...1625455,00.html

its good to be actually reading stuff that makes sense so to speak.

he is very open and honest,and not in so many words states that the last regime was maybe a little slack towards training.

he is very open and honest,and not in so many words states that the last regime was maybe a little slack towards training.

In a previous life I used to move around from store to store as a manager.

Rule (1): Blame the last guy in the early days.

(the Government still try this one 12 years on ...) !!

In a previous life I used to move around from store to store as a manager.

Rule (1): Blame the last guy in the early days.

(the Government still try this one 12 years on ...) !!

You're right about the govt - and the one before and the one before that -However I think in Joes case, he pretty much has a case to identify problem areas with the last gaffer/shez! - let's check how we've done again since December........

It's good to see him come in and change 'little' bits that weren't being done up to his standards!!

More to come i'm sure.

I think in Joes case, he pretty much has a case to identify problem areas with the last gaffer/shez!

Don't get me wrong. What I've seen/heard/gleaned about off the pitch happenings all makes extreme sense to me. It feels right. It sounds right.

I currently believe that results on the pitch will follow, espcially once he's worked out who his prefered players are and what formation he's prepared to play.

It's just as my life lengthens there have been more and more things that have felt and sounded right at the start that have turned out to be lacking in substance in reality. Politicians of all parties fit the bill.

I don't think Joe Royle does.

Don't get me wrong. What I've seen/heard/gleaned about off the pitch happenings all makes extreme sense to me. It feels right. It sounds right.

I currently believe that results on the pitch will follow, espcially once he's worked out who his prefered players are and what formation he's prepared to play.

It's just as my life lengthens there have been more and more things that have felt and sounded right at the start that have turned out to be lacking in substance in reality. Politicians of all parties fit the bill.

I don't think Joe Royle does.

Agreed - How very true!

The players looked fit enough to me at the final whisltle when Shez was with us, and Joe remarked after his 1st day of training that there were no fitness issues. Something must have changed in training though, we now have far more training injuries. Something Shez avoided.

The players looked fit enough to me at the final whisltle when Shez was with us, and Joe remarked after his 1st day of training that there were no fitness issues. Something must have changed in training though, we now have far more training injuries. Something Shez avoided.

it will be the intensity. whenever i went and watched them train (sad, i know) it seemed a couple of notches down. too much jogging and easy paced excercises. always used to come back to me at the matches, when we seemed unable to 'step up a gear' when required. for example in matches against teams below us, when us fans sat back and waited for the team to get us going.

I didn't see much evidence today of progress by Tommy and his team, Crewe were there for the taking yet the substitutions seemed to make things worse.

I think the subs have to be seen in the context of Joe wanting to see as many of the squad as possible, maybe in different positions, as well as trying to win the game. The result should take priority of course, but in a sense next season's pre-season has already started.

Something must have changed in training though, we now have far more training injuries. Something Shez avoided.

Did he? I can count several times I've turned up to a game this season to hear about an injury cropping up and someone's surprise omission from the team like Hughes at Stockport, Taylor vs Colchester etc. Keiran Lee...endlessly...

I think our current problem is...erm...the season has ended. Had a few weeks ago...the players are dreaming of the sand, sea and sun when kicking the ball about...or at least they are in them final few minutes when the concentration is needed the most.