Big news?

right for starters don't shoot me, I cudda put this up and been all secret saying i've heard summat but cant tell you what or where from, but personally I feckin hate it when people do that....anyway heres what I got off a mate, who got off his mate (a county fan). Gannon has agreed to join latics at the end of the season, hence the reason he will not do anymore interviews with the media, I am not sure if its true, my mate aint even sure if its true...but it gives us summat to talk about over a pint

right for starters don't shoot me, I cudda put this up and been all secret saying i've heard summat but cant tell you what or where from, but personally I feckin hate it when people do that....anyway heres what I got off a mate, who got off his mate (a county fan). Gannon has agreed to join latics at the end of the season, hence the reason he will not do anymore interviews with the media, I am not sure if its true, my mate aint even sure if its true...but it gives us summat to talk about over a pint

Then why are latics talking to Big Joe on Saturday with a contract offer ??????

royal manager ganon assistant manager eventually joe retires gannon take over

Nah.

1) Gannon wouldn't accept being no.2 at a club like Latics (smaller crowds than County etc etc).

2) Not sure Joe would accept his successor standing next to him, knife in hand, read to say "et tu, Joe".

I thought that was Shez?

No. That's McAllister. Shez is off to Stockport and Gannon is going to Rochdale because Keith Hill is thinking about taking the Southampton job when they come down to L1 and Leeds will sue everybody because they think it's their divine right to do so.

*inhale*

Or.... it could be that you are going to collect a big collection of programes from middleton :unsure:

Or.... it could be that you are going to collect a big collection of programes from middleton :unsure:

Sav you are a star for keepin em...the deed will be done before the season ends, i promise...one again thank you

In the Advertiser Simon Blitz said:

"We are doing our best. If he says ‘no’ then we have a couple of possible alternatives in mind, but let’s just wait and see."

Cannon and Ball - They're local and i've not seen them in Blackpool for ages.......

Guess Gannons name is still being linked and it would certainly come as no major surprise to most fans, if he was offered the post.....owever, as the club have stated, these decisions are all going to be based on whether Big Joe fancies another year or two grafting his scouse nads off to try and get us out of this league - I think if he thought he had the solid basis of a good side, only needing a couple of addition, he would take it on - though he probably knows this could well be a 2/3 year rebuilding, looking at what he's already got.

No Chance. FACT :shock:

Like I said, why the hell would ganon leave a well paid position as manager, to become number two here, Love or hate the man thats just an insult towards him, and to stockport

Last time I checked it was three league places that separated us and stockport rather than three divisions????

Like I said, why the hell would ganon leave a well paid position as manager, to become number two here, Love or hate the man thats just an insult towards him, and to stockport

Last time I checked it was three league places that separated us and stockport rather than three divisions????

4 points.

If league tables were calculated by points per £1000 of wage bill, I'd guess County would have mathmatically secured promotion in January and the title in February.

IF Royle declines his offer, Gannon is as good as we could hope for.

The question you raise above doesn't just apply to being number 2 at Latics. Would he see being Oldham manager as a personal advancement?

Would he see being Oldham manager as a personal advancement?

I think he might see it as a positive sideways move.

At work sometimes moving sideways to a role in the same band/same salary is good for your career as it gives you an opprtunity to prove yourself at the same level in a different environment - perhaps this is waht Oldham would do for Gannon?

Also depending on funds, whilst we are the same level/crowds etc as Stockport, he might feel that we have more opportunity to get promotion than Stockport. This would be better for his reputation and chances of a 'bigger job' as it gets more publicity and recognition than keeping Stockport in League One without fighting relegation.