Start Stephens Next Game Please Joe!

Nothing on here has irritated me more on here this season than the clamouring for Stephens to play whenever we've put in a poor performance.

If he was good enough he'd have played. Simple as. No conspiracy theories, no Shez's favourites...if he'd done the business in training he'd have been on the pitch.

Just because he scored a good goal last season for Bury doesn't mean he's the dogs. My favourite has been the occasional comments that he 'played regularly for Bury at a young age'. He played nine league games...three of which came from the bench. Stalwart.

But yeah, he's injured anyway :wink:

Nothing on here has irritated me more on here this season than the clamouring for Stephens to play whenever we've put in a poor performance.

If he was good enough he'd have played. Simple as. No conspiracy theories, no Shez's favourites...if he'd done the business in training he'd have been on the pitch.

Just because he scored a good goal last season for Bury doesn't mean he's the dogs. My favourite has been the occasional comments that he 'played regularly for Bury at a young age'. He played nine league games...three of which came from the bench. Stalwart.

Remember how crap Neal Trotman was, couldn't buy a game for us, shipped off to Halifax twice....on the bench when we had a depleted squad, he must have been rubbish, mustn't have worked hard in training.....probably into this drinking the night before the match and all that, giving him a chance surely wouldn't have worked out MIRITE?

The idea of playing him without any match fitness is unfair to him and the rest of the players. You only have to see Lee, a talented player, who is fading early in a match because he has not been playing. If Stephens is up to it, I am sure he will get his chance next season.

Remember how crap Neal Trotman was, couldn't buy a game for us, shipped off to Halifax twice....on the bench when we had a depleted squad, he must have been rubbish, mustn't have worked hard in training.....probably into this drinking the night before the match and all that, giving him a chance surely wouldn't have worked out MIRITE?

We had central defence problems and injuries plenty of times before Trotman made his debut. The management waited until the time was right to play him. Circumstances may have provided the opportunity, but he was only put out there when the people who see him day in day out, rather than on one goal on YouTube, decided he was ready.

If he was at the stage when he was as good as what we've had, then he'd have played.

I vaguely remember reading an interview with Chris Hall where he admitted that he and Trotman were both often in trouble for turning up late to training. Both took very different paths after that, didn't they?

Excellent post, couldn't have said it better myself.