Big Joes Comments

"We had words in the dressing room at half time, to say the least. I couldn't believe what I was seeing and the goals we gave away.

The players just weren't at it and didn't do what they were told.

Sound familiar?????

And to add to that

"The players don't learn and one or two of them have their own ideas on the game which will have to change. Our record is not good and personally I am desperate for a win."

"There are one or two reputations in that dressing room which need re-establishing and there are more than one or two players who should not be here."

living in Brighton I don't get the live pleasure (not) very often - this was a far worse performance than Orient

I blame Joe for starting Hazell at full back - he's a disaster (as at Orient) and went missing for their first two goals before creating their 3rd (which killed us off)

I don't blame Joe for giving Wolfenden a run - or for bringing him off - no pace, no height, no control and (worst) no fight. One definately to go.

Alessandra's goal (strength, pace, control and desire) was in stark contrast.

Lee showed touches of high class but isn't fit (one for the future)

Eardley - sloppy and careless

Gregan, Whitaker, Taylor, and Jones wanted it

Allott and Smalley - not their best days

I've seen the last 3 games at brighton - all at the end of season - a definite downward spiral which means I feel I'll be sweating on the wrong end of the table next year.

"There are one or two reputations in that dressing room which need re-establishing and there are more than one or two players who should not be here."

That's what I want to hear. Our 'challenge' for promotion for much of the season has masked the fact that the vast majority of this squad are crap and need shipping out.

I'd probably hang on to about five or six of the current crop, for next season, and half of those wouldn't be first team regulars.

That's what I want to hear. Our 'challenge' for promotion for much of the season has masked the fact that the vast majority of this squad are crap and need shipping out.

I'd probably hang on to about five or six of the current crop, for next season, and half of those wouldn't be first team regulars.

i love the frankness and straightforward comments....and i reckon the havin words to say the least is probably a bit like ferguson and his hairdryer treatment.

i reckon the vast majority of this team is gone in the next few weeks.

realistically i think he will keep

greegan

taylor

lee

eardly

allott

hazell

i hope he signs jones

the rest well....adios

i love the frankness and straightforward comments....and i reckon the havin words to say the least is probably a bit like ferguson and his hairdryer treatment.

greegan

taylor

lee

eardly

allott

hazell

i hope he signs jones

the rest well....adios

would have agreed with you re hazell a couple of months ago, not now, unless as backup

would have agreed with you re hazell a couple of months ago, not now, unless as backup

You don't becoem a bad player over night. Players fall in and out of form and that's what I would guess is what's going on with Ruben. Playing at right back won't be helping him get his form back either to be honest, needs some reserve game (if we had a reserve team) to get his confidence back. Definately one we should and will be holding onto, superb earlier in teh season and will be again with the right guidance.

I'd hold onto Allessandra, Smalley, Tayls, Eardley, Allott, Greegs, Rubes, Lee, Lomax (still has potential for me) ande Flem. Maher or Whitts could be kept as back up , but we probably need 2 new midfielders to be contending with Allott for the starting places, preferably who can get forward and link the strikers and midfield. Stam could be kept but we should be on the hunt for a centre back anyway really.

greegan

taylor

lee

eardly

allott

hazell

i hope he signs jones

the rest well....adios

I think you're about right there, although I think Lee's far from certain to be here next season.

I think you're about right there, although I think Lee's far from certain to be here next season.

not sure on the length of lee's contract,but never given a chnce this season...has come more into play since joe came,retained his place today so i think he will be here.

A lot of these got their place by being Shez mates......I expect 90 % to depart quick style.

In later years they may look at themselves and think...maybe I could have done more.

Probably not they are too much up their own arses

bollox to comments...sick of hearing it after 34 years...

i ,amongst most want action...

glad joe sees problems,but i honestly believe the problems won't change until money is pumped into a new squad...QUALITY money,given to a quality manager...no sodding "i fancied him so bought him and introduced him to the manager" crap.

no money...no joe royle....

money(and i really mean QUALITY) available ,then it might be(MIGHT) interesting.

sick of this loan upon loan milarky.

my cash is in my pocket till i'm hopeful ..if TAAs won't pump in this type of money required,we will be treading this footpath for years to come.

haven't they seen and thought about the actions that bear fruits at peterboro and the dongs...back to back promotions too...i hope so..

do we want a "m**re maverick" type idiot?

no...but what this club needs is someone with HARD cash to get quality..no fecking playing the loan game again.

tried and very unsuccessful.

if the TTA can't do it,they need to think how they will achieve success..cause success is getting needed NOW, the hard core have had enough and dwindling.

35 years and counting..(thanks joe for those crazy years!)

till then.....

"We had words in the dressing room at half time, to say the least. I couldn't believe what I was seeing and the goals we gave away.

The players just weren't at it and didn't do what they were told.

Sound familiar?????

And to add to that

"The players don't learn and one or two of them have their own ideas on the game which will have to change. Our record is not good and personally I am desperate for a win."

My thoughts exactly. Now he sounds as frustrated as Shez did! We can see now that Shez brought in some crap players and has left poor Joe to build a palace from horse crap.

I would love to know who he thinks should not be here. I am sure though, from his comments he will keep Gregan, Taylor, Eardley, Lee and Allot. He would probably try to keep Jones too, but will Jones want to stay? I wouldn't blame him if he said goodbye! :disappointed:

My thoughts exactly. Now he sounds as frustrated as Shez did! We can see now that Shez brought in some crap players and has left poor Joe to build a palace from horse crap.

I would love to know who he thinks should not be here. I am sure though, from his comments he will keep Gregan, Taylor, Eardley, Lee and Allot. He would probably try to keep Jones too, but will Jones want to stay? I wouldn't blame him if he said goodbye! :disappointed:

I have to disagree, now I admit I currently am an irregular visitor to BP on matchdays through work but the TTA basically allowed shez any player he wanted and prob over stretched there budget this season. They are trying to run a business and are pumping a lot of there own money into the club. What happened the last time we tried to compete with the big boys of the league??? We all know what happened there. As far as I am concerned the TTA are doing there bloody best to get us up with out destroying the club.

I have to disagree, now I admit I currently am an irregular visitor to BP on matchdays through work but the TTA basically allowed shez any player he wanted and prob over stretched there budget this season. They are trying to run a business and are pumping a lot of there own money into the club. What happened the last time we tried to compete with the big boys of the league??? We all know what happened there. As far as I am concerned the TTA are doing there bloody best to get us up with out destroying the club.

I am also not a regular, for obvious reasons and I know that TTA put money in this season. What I am wondering is did Shez waste it? Why is it that the players Shez brought into the club don't perform for Joe, as they didn't perform for Shez.

I am also not a regular, for obvious reasons and I know that TTA put money in this season. What I am wondering is did Shez waste it? Why is it that the players Shez brought into the club don't perform for Joe, as they didn't perform for Shez.

Trying to understand the nuances in your statemrnt... are you contradicting yourself by saying Shez actually wasted money on players which wouldnt paly for him or Joe, or are you implying that TTA brough in these players.... surely not :wink:

gregan

taylor

lee

eardly

allott

hazell

Don think you are too wrong with this list. Greegs will be offered another year at reduced terms, he has been awesome as the team fell apart around him... Lee has another year on his contract, and I think Joe likes him... have been impressed with his touch, despite him being incredibly unfit... have a feeling his game relies on having a bit of an engine on him - and playing an entire season without football has destroyed this. Eards seems to have transformed under Joe, and Ruubes will always be a decent defender at this level.

Have said before that I reckon there will be 8 new players in our starting 11. Greegs, Tayls and Eards will be the only ones who survive as first choice. With Allott, Lee and Ruubes there or thereabouts. Lewis and Smalley will still be here too, and as I said maybe DJ could be convinced to stay. I also like what I have seen of Westlake but we will see...

Havent the TTA reduced are losses from 50-75k a week to about 17k a week ?

I dont think your complaint stacks up?

Trying to understand the nuances in your statemrnt... are you contradicting yourself by saying Shez actually wasted money on players which wouldnt paly for him or Joe, or are you implying that TTA brough in these players.... surely not :wink:

Don think you are too wrong with this list. Greegs will be offered another year at reduced terms, he has been awesome as the team fell apart around him... Lee has another year on his contract, and I think Joe likes him... have been impressed with his touch, despite him being incredibly unfit... have a feeling his game relies on having a bit of an engine on him - and playing an entire season without football has destroyed this. Eards seems to have transformed under Joe, and Ruubes will always be a decent defender at this level.

Have said before that I reckon there will be 8 new players in our starting 11. Greegs, Tayls and Eards will be the only ones who survive as first choice. With Allott, Lee and Ruubes there or thereabouts. Lewis and Smalley will still be here too, and as I said maybe DJ could be convinced to stay. I also like what I have seen of Westlake but we will see...

What I am asking is, did Shez waste the money made available to him by TTA? I am not implying that TTA brought in the players. We all want to blame someone and Shez has copped alot of the blame so far. Is that justified, bearing in mind that it was him that put this squad together. Now Joe is making noises about breaking up said squad.

What I am asking is, did Shez waste the money made available to him by TTA? I am not implying that TTA brought in the players. We all want to blame someone and Shez has copped alot of the blame so far. Is that justified, bearing in mind that it was him that put this squad together. Now Joe is making noises about breaking up said squad.

in my opinion yes,he wasted the cash,but he wasted it on needless loan signings when we already had players here that were of the same level,then loaned out to make room for these loan players.