season tickets

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Wikipedia:

After his second spell with Hibs he went south again to join Oldham Athletic and is widely regarded as one of their greatest ever players.

Bernard Halford was assistant secretary in those magical days of the early 1960s and recalled, "He transformed the club, no doubt about that. He had the crowds flocking down Sheepfoot Lane, even though Athletic had dropped into the Fourth Division. I think it was the only period in my life when I regularly told lies. On match days the phone never stopped ringing. ‘Is Johnstone playing?’ Bobby might have been sitting in my office with his ankle in plaster, but I had to say he was playing, otherwise the fans wouldn’t have turned up. It really was as cut and dried as that."

Perhaps something similar could be tried to shift the ST's? Maybe start a rumour that we're on the verge of signing a big-name player like, say, Dean Windass? Or somebody.

if the TTA (..or anyone for that matter) really think they have a chance to sell 4500 ADULT season tickets next season,then they truly have lost the pulse of general feeling at the moment.

an offer that is so unbelievable,its unbelievable.

its like saying "if everyone buys 5 pies each at the home games next season,we'll reduce the price by 50p."

What?

5 pies is the same as 50% more fans? Are you suggesting that everyone eats at least 3 pies every game?

If we signed Scholes maybe. Otherwise, no.

He should help us out by asking bacon face not to quash any rumours that he's about to sign for us. Just until the tickets are sold.

Seriously, I doubt if even his signing would sustain a tripling of attendances over the course of an entire season.

To raise £300,000 from wxtra ticket sales at an average of £300 per ticket would mean 1,000 people would be getting in for nothing. Can't see it somehow.

and that's the be all of this so called "offer".

its unattainable,its a non starter,but the easily led ,thinking its such a great offer,have not read the small print and not even thought of the figures involved.

next week the offer will be 7,000 season tickets sold(ADULTS ONLY !) you'll all get your tickets half price!

the easily led ,thinking its such a great offer,have not read the small print and not even thought of the figures involved.

are you saying you believe that there are people who weren't getting a season ticket who will now get one on the basis they might get £70 knocked off?