season tickets

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't help noticing something when I saw the details for the season tickets published.

"Prices frozen for the 4th season in a row"

Which in itself is true. But then I thought "hang on, but my season ticket was £220 the other season, and it's £303 this time". Ahhh, because I changed stands after the demolition of the Broadway Stand.

So effectively they've maximised income by knocking down the stand which was the cheapest one? No? The hundreds of folk with £220 season tickets then had to buy more expensive ones, at £80-£100 more. Can anyone do the math about how much income would have been increased by when they knocked the stand down? I've a stinking hangover and can't be arsed to tell you the truth, but I reckon they've increased income a bit by doing that.

Anyway, a bit of a ramble. Sorry.

Port Vale did something similar last season after they got relegated -

I think their target was around 6,500 -

Anybody know if they achieved it !!!!

I found this link Port Vale ST total 2008/09.

So it looks like they were short of their 5000 or am I reading it wrong?

I think this is a great idea by Latics offering the cashback as an incentive. We could go all out with cheaper ST's, but look at Huddersfield. They now have to be careful they don't rely on that ST fan base each season now, especially from a finance point of view. They may have spent more last season due to there being more fans in, buying ST's up front, but when that stops they will struggle. Great for one season but then the fans expectation are higher afterwards.

I couldn't help noticing something when I saw the details for the season tickets published.

"Prices frozen for the 4th season in a row"

Which in itself is true. But then I thought "hang on, but my season ticket was £220 the other season, and it's £303 this time". Ahhh, because I changed stands after the demolition of the Broadway Stand.

So effectively they've maximised income by knocking down the stand which was the cheapest one? No? The hundreds of folk with £220 season tickets then had to buy more expensive ones, at £80-£100 more. Can anyone do the math about how much income would have been increased by when they knocked the stand down? I've a stinking hangover and can't be arsed to tell you the truth, but I reckon they've increased income a bit by doing that.

Anyway, a bit of a ramble. Sorry.

Prices have effectively gone up 2.5% this season because the reduce VAT has not been passed on -

The club need all the money they can get and i just hope that IF the target is reached we don't pay for it with the loss of the pay on the day fans.

I think they have taken a gamble and are hoping that 4.500 tickets will be sold and a successful season will bring in extra cash punters !!

Prices have effectively gone up 2.5% this season because the reduce VAT has not been passed on -

The club need all the money they can get and i just hope that IF the target is reached we don't pay for it with the loss of the pay on the day fans.

I think they have taken a gamble and are hoping that 4.500 tickets will be sold and a successful season will bring in extra cash punters !!

I dont think they'd be that unhappy if we sold 4999 :grin:

The hundreds of folk with £220 season tickets then had to buy more expensive ones, at £80-£100 more.

Firstly you didn't have to buy one!

Secondly serves y'all right for being cheapskates in the first place,

Thirdly anybody who moved to the RRE got an extra discount on what it cost me fer my ticket, so skarrrrrrrrrrrrooooooowwwwwwwwww you! [do I really need to add a stupid winky thing here?]

Firstly you didn't have to buy one!

Secondly serves y'all right for being cheapskates in the first place,

Thirdly anybody who moved to the RRE got an extra discount on what it cost me fer my ticket, so skarrrrrrrrrrrrooooooowwwwwwwwww you! [do I really need to add a stupid winky thing here?]

Haha. All true.

I know you don't have to buy one like, but I'll reckon most of us, erm, cheapskates renewed, and even with the extra RRE discount would have been paying £80 more at least. It weren't a moan, just an observation really on decisions made like making it a 3 sided affair with clear lack of atmosphere. I mean, it were hardly like La Bombonera when it was up, were it?

Do you stiil get the disount if you opt for that before the cut off date?

Also Can anybody help me here, I have bought my younger brother a £50 season ticket for the last couple of years but he is 16 on 26th june - does that mean i'll have to pay full or because he's 16 at date of purchhase can he use it??

NO!! :wink:

So effectively they've maximised income by knocking down the stand which was the cheapest one?

:wink:

shhhh... The accepted view point is that the stand was a death trap and was costing a fortune to maintain and that's why they pulled it down :D

Despite my 'meh' attitude at the moment, I'll be there home or away. I hope Joe signs on the dotted line. I do think I will be picking my games though next season.*

*Disclaimer, deep down I know I'll get another friggin' season ticket despite me not enjoying it at all. First couple of games apart the RRE has been like a creche, so it'll be back to the chaddy or the main stand paddock for me. It's what I do, whinge like fook, the dark clouds descend, somehow they melt away during the summer and the rabid optimism is there at the season's start. How long it remains depends on the team. It had disappeared after 13 seconds of the season this year!

FFS! I knew i'd falter....I've already printed the form off for the easy payment option...............I just can't help myself.

The Main Stand Paddock will have a better quality of moaner present next season.

Please Joe Don't Go!

Haha. All true.

I know you don't have to buy one like, but I'll reckon most of us, erm, cheapskates renewed, and even with the extra RRE discount would have been paying £80 more at least. It weren't a moan, just an observation really on decisions made like making it a 3 sided affair with clear lack of atmosphere. I mean, it were hardly like La Bombonera when it was up, were it?

Not a moan, an observational moan! [stupid winky thing]

BP has never, other than on a mind numbingly tiny proportion of occasions over the last 33 years of my attendance trembled let alone beat, 3 or 4 sides.

I saw talk last week that we've never been so badly off for (home) crowds, well let me say that the only tremble we got in the mid 80's at times (couple of home games in the old division 2 getting 2500ish and just 2800 one night for the visit of Middleborough!) was some flatulent oaf letting go with gusto at the back of the Chaddy. I'd say the vast majority of my years trudging to BP has witnessed a distinct lack of atmosphere. Thats the thing tho' we remember the times when it was good, expunge the rest. What this has to do with anything I dunno and I don't care.