season tickets

so..

its £18 a ticket in the main stand in advance.

a season ticket costs £14.26 per game.

a saving of £3.74.

a season ticket in the main stand,on the payment plan costs £356.10 =£15.48 per game.

a saving of £2.52 a game,compared to buying a match ticket in advance..

mmmm... :mmm:

sounds soooooo tempting.

meh.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so..

a saving of £3.74.

a season ticket in the main stand,on the payment plan costs £356.10 =£15.48 per game.

sounds soooooo tempting.

meh.

Those of us that are potless and job hunting have little option Johnny, it's either that or not go and despite how pissed off I am with the team and the club in general I'll be there next season.

A saving of £57.96 and the lack of 'hassle' that comes with having to arrange a ticket every other week. Not too bad, but I see your point.

I suppose you could also factor in the potential for missed games, which would make it even less attractive.

Those of us that are potless and job hunting have little option Johnny, it's either that or not go and despite how pissed off I am with the team and the club in general I'll be there next season.

the point i'm making is the outlay of a sum beforehand.

and the fact all of us are on this rocky road to doomsville at the moment,some are living on a week to week/month to month financial basis.

personally,i'm in 2 minds ,mainly because i'm planning other things next year.

A saving of £57.96 and the lack of 'hassle' that comes with having to arrange a ticket every other week. Not too bad, but I see your point.

I suppose you could also factor in the potential for missed games, which would make it even less attractive.

for an exile,yes i can see that point about the queuing etc.

personally,i can nip down anytime during office hours and buy seats for 2 games in advance.

and you hit nail on head...i'll be picking my home games next season...the team bucks up,i'll pay up.

that way,the club gains more from my pocket.

personally,i'm just wanting a sabbatical break.

Edited by johnny punkster

the point i'm making is the outlay of a sum beforehand.

and the fact all of us are on this rocky road to doomsville at the moment,some are living on a week to week/month to month financial basis.

personally,i'm in 2 minds ,mainly because i'm planning other things next year.

It's what I do mate, Saturdays wouldn't be the same and the weeks of doom and gloom are worth it for that one moment of elation when we actually win a friggin' game! Let's face it it's been a damn sight worse than this, '97-2001 was pretty :censored:ty - although the parellels with 97-98 this season have been uncanny, like then we were top 6 all season until it blew up in late February/March and like then we allowed our top scorer (Stuart Barlow) leave on deadline day, before limping along to a mid-table finish. I just hope against hope that the next three seasons are nothing like the three we experienced under Stitch. I haven't made my final decision yet as I want to signs of ambition from the club and that hinges on JR being here next season or a decent manager being appointed instead with a competitive budget that gives us half a chance.

VAT shouldn't really feature in this. My first thoughts were that the VAT discount should be passed on, but after doing the maths a £303 ticket @ 17.5% VAT would cost £296.55 @ 15% VAT.

That's a saving of £6.44.

The current consumer price index is around 3%, so if they'd increased prices by that value you'd be looking at paying £305.45 even at 15% VAT. Add to that the change in VAT is only temporary until Dec 09. Factoring in inflation and VAT its actually a reduction in price.

*awaits someone who knows more about finances to pick his maths apart*

Theres probably a point where if say 4,000 season tickets have been sold it'd be beneficial for those 4,000 people to put together and buy 500 tickets @ £139 and still end up saving money. Seriously though, nice idea but 4500 ST sales is pie in the sky figures.

So, a £303 Main stand lower ticket could drop to £233, which is all but £10 a game. Surely that's got to be a goer. £238 for the RRE is £10.35

Also equates to paying on the day for just 12 games or paying in advance for about 13 games.

Would there even be any point to a 10 game ticket at £17 when you could get the other 13 games for £5.23 each? or £6 if you do the 10 games for £16 a game?

Something along the lines of "Up to 11 games free, only £10.35 a game; guaranteed 7 games free, only £13.40 a game! Kids pay just £2.18 a game with a £50 season ticket!"

Maybe an option for the club is to accept payments of £250 for a RRE ticket that are conditional on getting the 4500 tickets, refunded if not met, but no further refund if the 4500 is met?

I saw talk last week that we've never been so badly off for (home) crowds, well let me say that the only tremble we got in the mid 80's at times (couple of home games in the old division 2 getting 2500ish and just 2800 one night for the visit of Middleborough!) was some flatulent oaf letting go with gusto at the back of the Chaddy. I'd say the vast majority of my years trudging to BP has witnessed a distinct lack of atmosphere. Thats the thing tho' we remember the times when it was good, expunge the rest. What this has to do with anything I dunno and I don't care.

Crowds were generally lower then, though. Isn't this around the time that Manure were averaging around 38,000 and the overall average in the old top flight was about 27,000? Football was cheaper then and a more casual affair. As a result many more people would turn up as and when.

The reason why we should be concerned about BP attendances is when comparing ours against both the average for the division and in comparison to the Chris Moore and early TTA days. We should also worry that we are getting lower crowds than under Andy Ritchie's tenure.

I'm not sure myself if I'll be getting a season ticket next season. I didn't get one this season. Happy that prices have been frozen and it is pushing me to get one but I think I'll see what happens in the next few weeks. Should be a happier place at BP what with peoples expectations lower than the last few seasons.

Back to enjoying the football again!

I'm not sure myself if I'll be getting a season ticket next season. I didn't get one this season. Happy that prices have been frozen and it is pushing me to get one but I think I'll see what happens in the next few weeks. Should be a happier place at BP what with peoples expectations lower than the last few seasons.

Back to enjoying the football again!

Some truth in that, but the trouble is that those who are happy with third division mediocrity (or worse) are, as we are seeing, few in number and the club can't, in the long-term, survive on them.

I was told the opposite by the club it was 16 by December 31st.

They can purchase their last ticket at 16, my two sons have just done it the last 2 consecutive seasons. They have to be still 16 by the 31st December, not 17 as I posted.

They can purchase their last ticket at 16, my two sons have just done it the last 2 consecutive seasons. They have to be still 16 by the 31st December, not 17 as I posted.

Or do it on-line :wink:

so..

a saving of £3.74.

sounds soooooo tempting.

meh.

It's still a discount of nearly £60 over the course of the season if you go to every game. I think you're being a little harsh personally.

It's a 2.18% increase actually. Is that easier to swallow?

nice gesture from the club,couldnt really have raised prices considering the amount of feeling on here and in general towards the club.

be amazed if we hit 4500 ticket sales.

sadly i wont be getting one,just pay on the day again,as and when can afford it.