Stephens to start Saturday ?

from the chron

Royle on Stephens

“I can see his ability and he is one for next year."

lmao Ive heard that before

Anyone who nsaw young Dale will know he is a belting player, just the tough-tackling box to box midfielder we've lacked all season. Too many niggles and the lack of a reserve team have halted his development. That shouldn't be a problem for the lad next season. He's a good 'um mark my words.

Anyone who nsaw young Dale will know he is a belting player, just the tough-tackling box to box midfielder we've lacked all season. Too many niggles and the lack of a reserve team have halted his development. That shouldn't be a problem for the lad next season. He's a good 'um mark my words.

Oh I know ive seen him I know he has talent , i just remember Shez saying exactly that...

Seen him a couple of times this season; pre-season & those rare thing - what are they called aagin; oh yeah; reserve games.

He looks a player, but he also looks to have fitness issues for me. He's had good 45mins, then fades badly in the 2nd half. Now, that could well be due to the lack of match action; or it could be something else; something that has held him back this season??

When we signed him, he'd had 9 1st team games & was billed as 'one for the future'. That hasn't changed; he's still one for the future & that looks to be next season possibly. Well see, he might be a midfieler we've been waiting for - or he may be an (expensive) experiemt that hasn't worked; time will tell.