3 assists, 1 goal against Crewe.

Yeah yeah cows arse and banjo but surely the same can be said for the rest of our strikers? At least he's a handful, unlike Lewis who once again put in a pathetic and uncommitted performance. Is he really behind Deano, Lewis, and Wolfy (5ft + 5ft + 4ft = long ball game) in the pecking order?

And has Kieran Lee honestly looked like a player who's warranted a seat in the stand all season? Has he balls. One of the bright sparks in the first half for me.

E4e

FAVRT

True, no way he can have him seen when playing for Stockport, after all it's a long walk.

If he'd only mentioned it I could have gone myself - Stockport's nearer for me than Oldham... :grin:

I should think someone from Oldham was at the Stockport game on Friday night, probably Joe himself.

Cant be any worse than wolfenden or smalley up front!!!

I'd have him in our squad next season for definite. He's something different to what we have; he can hold the ball up & actually compete with big CB's in a tussle.

if anyone has seen the County / Crewe goals then I don't know how they can say COG is crap. Good finish from a tight spot for his goal, & the hold up play & skill and power he showed in setting up the winner is exactly what we have been missing up top for 2/3 months now.

BUT, unfortunately for COG i think when he does come back & plays; he has every chance of becoming the new whipping boy for our classy; knowledgeable & not at all fickle fans. What; a striker who doesn't score 30 goals a season; not in my team i thank you.

Our 'fans' are a Joke!

Edited by slystallone

I'd have him in our squad next season for definite. He's something different to what we have; he can hold the ball up & actually compete with big CB's in a tussle.

if anyone has seen the County / Crewe goals then I don't know how they can say COG is crap. Good finish from a tight spot for his goal, & the hold up play & skill and power he showed in setting up the winner is exactly what we have been missing up top for 2/3 months now.

BUT, unfortunately for COG i think when he does come back & plays; he has every chance of becoming the new whipping boy for our classy; knowledgeable & not at all fickle fans. What; a striker who doesn't score 30 goals a season; not in my team i thank you.

Our 'fans' are a Joke!

He may only be good for 7-10 goals a season tops but with the right strike partner, I think he could rack up the assists.

He may only be good for 7-10 goals a season tops but with the right strike partner, I think he could rack up the assists.

Unfortunately that's just not good enough for some people. Unless we have a Roberts/Cureton type strike force, some people just won't be happy.

I'd have O'Grady in and around the first team in an instant. I can't understand anyone who writes a player off before he's been given a sustained run of games in the OLDHAM ATHLETIC first team.

I'd have him in our squad next season for definite.

bearing in mind he's our only "senior" forward i think that's a distinct possibility.

lets hope JR can help him rediscover whatever it was that had us fighting off other clubs for his signature.

Our 'fans' are a Joke!

Bang on mate, O'grady (and Davie) were treated like :censored:e by that clown who was in charge. Shez gave the critics the ammo for O'grady (playing him as a lone striker at Burnley). He has never had a bad game in a Latics shirt. His performance at Tranmere and Colchester away were excellent and a great game at home V Brighton. Dont see the issue, our problem all season is holding the ball upfront. Lewis and Deano are no better or worse IMO, but the lad has been shafted. Isnt if funny that everyone who hates Ogrady has a County mate who hates him too. I have 3 mates who go home and away with county and they said he Holds the ball up well, but is never going to score you 20 goals. Davies and O'grady would have been massive assets for when we lost Hughes, but Shez "the messiah" bolllooxed that.

Davies was treated like the dickhead he was, and rightfully shipped out.

The only problem with O'Grady is that he did absolutely F-all when he played. What was it, one shot on target away at Hartlepool? Not the way to set your new team alight really, and he was never going to be in the running for a first team position for too long with those kind of figures - be it here, Bradford, Bury, etc.

Not sure if he was being ditched or just getting him up to our level, I'd hope the latter, but now I believe he has a future here, as there is little else remaining.

NB. Strangely some don't blame Sheridan for everything. I'd suspect that Sheridan wasn't planning on losing our only goalscorer when on the edge of the playoffs, nevermind playing O'Grady. But that all went tits up on so many levels when those above bottled it.

Davies was treated like the dickhead he was, and rightfully shipped out.

The only problem with O'Grady is that he did absolutely F-all when he played. What was it, one shot on target away at Hartlepool? Not the way to set your new team alight really, and he was never going to be in the running for a first team position for too long with those kind of figures - be it here, Bradford, Bury, etc.

Not sure if he was being ditched or just getting him up to our level, I'd hope the latter, but now I believe he has a future here, as there is little else remaining.

NB. Strangely some don't blame Sheridan for everything. I'd suspect that Sheridan wasn't planning on losing our only goalscorer when on the edge of the playoffs, nevermind playing O'Grady. But that all went tits up on so many levels when those above bottled it.

Why, what sort of 'dickhead' was he?

One who had scored 14 goals by February the previous season...wish we'd had him up front over the last few weeks.

Really? 7 goals in 43 appearances this season. 24 goals in 140 games in his career.

I'm quite happy for him to work his way down the leagues without us keeping him company.

Ultimately a victim of us having no reserves.

I'd have him back next season as others have said completely different to what we have (which isnt much). He's also still young 22/23 and still has potential.. and a lot to learn.

Really? 7 goals in 43 appearances this season. 24 goals in 140 games in his career.

I'm quite happy for him to work his way down the leagues without us keeping him company.

7 goals in 43 appearances hmmmm almost as many as Lewi, Smalley, Byfield, Ormerod, Windass, Wolfy and Kabba combined.

Oh please! It was a League Cup game where the minutes silence was impecibly observed. That's a cheap shot imo...

It may be a cheap shot but:

Davies had form for a head-butt playing for Wales U21s.

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/2001...recalls_davies/

I suspect when he was signed a conversation along the lines of "I'm not accepting any of that nonsense here" may have been held. Who knows what else had/hadn't gone on behind the scenes.

It may be a cheap shot but:

Davies had form for a head-butt playing for Wales U21s.

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/2001...recalls_davies/

I suspect when he was signed a conversation along the lines of "I'm not accepting any of that nonsense here" may have been held. Who knows what else had/hadn't gone on behind the scenes.

and spitting wasnt it?

and spitting wasnt it?

It was reported as spitting at the time, but the referee's report put it down to "violent conduct" and apparently TV evidence saw him involved in a bit of argy bargy ending in a head butt.

Not that I have ever seen the TV evidence in question.

EDIT: Just recalled he has a conviction for violence against an ex-girlfriend too.

Edited by opinions4u