How good was Joe Royle 2nd time around ?

But that just assumes that the run of form would have continued. It may have, it may not have. We don't know.

When it's lasted for half a season, I think it's fair to say it was a bit more fundamental than a "run of form".

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe came back to the club with absolutely nothing to prove but even he's seen that some of these players just aren't up for the fight and that's more the worry, Shez always stated that some of em just didn't do what they were told to do and Joe's obviously suffered from the same crock of :censored: and now he's in the firing line for it <_<

The only thing to do is lose 3/4's of this lot and start a fresh with lower league players who wear their heart on their sleeve and get stuck in, passion, commitment and desire all of which can be found for less money

The fact that the players did not perform once Joe had come in, and performed like they had for the preceeding 3 months speaks far more about the players than Joe Royle. I am of the opinion that Gus Hiddink culd not have done much more.

EXACTLY!

The players Shez brought in!!!

One thing that's not been said either on here...and I'd like JSSLatics and a few others to hand on heart when answering...

When Shez went, we'd lost 6-2 thanks to 2 of the worst players to ever wear the shirt...with no signs of them leaving under Shez, with Trampmere and Leeds beating most or all put infront of them, with us out of the playoffs then and Scunny with 2 (or was it even 3 games in hand)...did you seriously, honestly, believe we'd get into the playoffs under Joe? I didn't.

For Joe, it was very difficult that the Tramps was must win and his first game. We were outplayed. We then had the graveyard (for us) that is Cheltenham to go to (who were one of the form sides in the division then) and to top it off, we then got very harsh treatment at Orient when on top against them...that's where it ended for Joe before it even began. And Shez would've got no better change either.

Hand on heart...playoffs when Joe took over? I'm sure you know really...

PS How good has it been under Joe? Better than it would've under Shez...I honestly think we'd have less than the 4pts we've got! We can all play that game.

Edited by boundaryblue80

EXACTLY!

The players Shez brought in!!!

One thing that's not been said either on here...and I'd like JSSLatics and a few others to hand on heart when answering...

When Shez went, we'd lost 6-2 thanks to 2 of the worst players to ever wear the shirt...with no signs of them leaving under Shez, with Trampmere and Leeds beating most or all put infront of them, with us out of the playoffs then and Scunny with 2 (or was it even 3 games in hand)...did you seriously, honestly, believe we'd get into the playoffs under Joe? I didn't.

For Joe, it was very difficult that the Tramps was must win and his first game. We were outplayed. We then had the graveyard (for us) that is Cheltenham to go to (who were one of the form sides in the division then) and to top it off, we then got very harsh treatment at Orient when on top against them...that's where it ended for Joe before it even began. And Shez would've got no better change either.

Hand on heart...playoffs when Joe took over? I'm sure you know really...

PS How good has it been under Joe? Better than it would've under Shez...I honestly think we'd have less than the 4pts we've got! We can all play that game.

I never thought once Sheridan was sacked that we would get within a million miles of promotion, whoever took charge.

I think Sheridan would have got a hell of a lot more than four points though. If he had not made the playoffs, which was looking unlikely, then I would have said fair enough, that was the pre-requisit for the season. But to bottle it and get rid when we did... well frankly, we got what we deserved there (as I'm sure you probably think with Ronnie).