You're also getting Andy Collett, a very good goalkeeping coach.

I think I'd prefer Crossley to stay on as GK coach , by all accounts he has done very well with young Greg and would be a cheap number 2 - the guy has experience that can't really be matched. But it's up to DP I suppose.

I think I'd prefer Crossley to stay on as GK coach , by all accounts he has done very well with young Greg and would be a cheap number 2 - the guy has experience that can't really be matched. But it's up to DP I suppose.

Considering the crap we have had to put up with this season, I think the best thing would be to remove all remnants from the previous management/coaching team.

Edited by Lookers_Carl

And his coaching staff ie Gray and Collett

Is he likely to bring any more with him?

Gray is very similar to Penney, in terms of personality. Both hard men in the centre of midfield, and both won't take no :censored:. Andy Collett is a very good coach. We signed David Stockdale on a free, from a building site, and he was gash. Two years later we've sold him for £600,000! Granted, Stockdale will have improved himself, but AC played a huge part in his development.

Penney's teams are generally built from the back, and will normally have at least one "hardman" in the centre of midfield, ala Ravenhill/Kennedy. Neither play pretty football, but they do the job that Penney asks.

Gray is very similar to Penney, in terms of personality. Both hard men in the centre of midfield, and both won't take no :censored:. Andy Collett is a very good coach. We signed David Stockdale on a free, from a building site, and he was gash. Two years later we've sold him for £600,000! Granted, Stockdale will have improved himself, but AC played a huge part in his development.

Penney's teams are generally built from the back, and will normally have at least one "hardman" in the centre of midfield, ala Ravenhill/Kennedy. Neither play pretty football, but they do the job that Penney asks.

Any room for flair?