can we laugh at ronnie yet!

Morning guys.

Well as a Tranmere fan, not much I can tell you about being at Scunthorpe yesterday, other than yes, you are right, it was absolutely devastating.

Over the course of the season, Scunthorpe probably deserved it, but from our perspective, having slowly clawed ourselves back into contention and given ourselves hope, it was a horrible way to fall short, especially so late in the game.

For those of you that want to, fair play, enjoy the schadenfreude - and let's be honest, if the roles were reversed, I'm sure many Rovers' fans would feel the same.

I don't think any Tranmere fan was prematurely celebrating yesterday by the way - like yourselves, we are largely a pessimistic bunch and have seen disappointment far too often to count our chickens. Certainly we were getting behind our team, but wouldn't you be doing the same?

Yesterday was a bad day {for us} but roll on next season now, and let's be honest, you would have missed us a bit if we had gone up :wink:

See you in 2009 - 10!

Morning guys.

Well as a Tranmere fan, not much I can tell you about being at Scunthorpe yesterday, other than yes, you are right, it was absolutely devastating.

Over the course of the season, Scunthorpe probably deserved it, but from our perspective, having slowly clawed ourselves back into contention and given ourselves hope, it was a horrible way to fall short, especially so late in the game.

For those of you that want to, fair play, enjoy the schadenfreude - and let's be honest, if the roles were reversed, I'm sure many Rovers' fans would feel the same.

I don't think any Tranmere fan was prematurely celebrating yesterday by the way - like yourselves, we are largely a pessimistic bunch and have seen disappointment far too often to count our chickens. Certainly we were getting behind our team, but wouldn't you be doing the same?

Yesterday was a bad day {for us} but roll on next season now, and let's be honest, you would have missed us a bit if we had gone up :wink:

See you in 2009 - 10!

What is likely to happen now re Moores future/current squad? will Moore be given the last year of his contract? And are you likely to lose any of your better players?

Morning guys.

See you in 2009 - 10!

Decent post...fair do's

One negative is having to make a trip to that :censored: hole next season

Nothing better than beating them :censored: One of the best moments of the season maybe even the best was when them trashmere fans thought they had scored only for it to be offside. I would just like to say :banana3::icon_peace::laught30: :laught30: :laught16: :laught16: :applause1::dance: well done Scunny and ha ha to Trashmere

Ronnie's incompetence demonstrated in one single game.

You go one up, away from home against the leagues second top scorers, then stay back and defend for 50 minutes in hope they don't come and score. Scunthorpe have a better team than Tranmere, they also have good strikers, if you sit back and let them attack at will they will score....had Ronnie not been such a wuss and gone for the second they could very well have won that game. It sounded like a game that was there for Tranmere to win until they scored....then they bottled it and tried holding on letting Scunthorpe come forward at them.

So glad he's not our manager anymore, he's tactically inept.....and always stuffs it up.

What he did today was just bat shít insane. Letting the league top scorers, get fired up and come at you in vain hope they won't score. Silly.

It amazes me that their are some dopey people on here who think he should have never been sacked. :x

Thankfully they're a small minority.

excellent post and spot on. still laughing and my chest hurts. :grin:

Morning guys.

See you in 2009 - 10!

Thats a very fair way of looking at things and our rivalry over the last few years is more based on your manager rather than a hatred for your fans. Lets hope we continue or rivalry next season and it is based on us both challenging at the top of league 1 more than anythingelse rivalries are part of the fabric of football.

Morning guys.

See you in 2009 - 10!

You're spot on, I've always liked playing you guys, even before Ronnie. Us northern teams have got to stick together, not many of us in the division next season.

Morning guys.

See you in 2009 - 10!

Respect to you for coming on here and posting with such honesty, on the back of what must have been a pretty devastating end to the season.

Good on you, Mr 24424. :OASISscarf:

did i hear that right on itv? Did they really just say that Ronnie Moore played The Winner Takes It All by Abba before the match in an attempt to psyche his players up? :huh:

fair play to 24424 and planetarydeadlock for sticking your heads over the parapet. We still wouldn't like Tranmere even if Steptoe left though.

did i hear that right on itv? Did they really just say that Ronnie Moore played The Winner Takes It All by Abba before the match in an attempt to psyche his players up? :huh:

You must have, I was thinking exactly the same thing! :lol:

You must have, I was thinking exactly the same thing! :lol:

no we must have both misheard......no-one would be so stupid as to attempt to prepare their players for a vital game that they had to win by playing a song by Abba about a bitter divorce.....would they?

Laugh at Tranmere? A little.

But whilst the end result for both Tranmere and Latics is the same (no play-offs, league one again next year) they have finished higher than us, finished the season on the up and in good form, and kept their fans excited and enthralled right to the end.

Not that funny IMO.

how many tranmere fans went to scunthorpe?

1678 i think. If you look close enough on here you can see there are actually some decent Oldham fans. We've had a lot of drivel on our board from you're less intellectual fans who seem to be more concerned with our apparent 'failure' than with your season. One even came on and said our support was shocking on Saturday and why did we take so few when we sold out almost a week before the match.

We've had a lot of drivel on our board from you're less intellectual fans who seem to be more concerned with our apparent 'failure' than with your season.

Like most football fans, when it became apparent our season was over (in December) we had to turn elsewhere for our rays of sunshine.

I love our healthy rivalry. Always terrific banter at both games. Hopefully we'll both go up next season and it can continue.