I was just checking up on a quiz anser and came across the stat that we were the 3rd highest scorers*, and 2nd best half-time team in the league that year despite coming fourth last. Didn't realise that before, then I was only 11 at the time! More impressive when it shines out that we had no "top" scorers.

Premier League Stats Link

And Second highest conceeders :grin:

I was just checking up on a quiz anser and came across the stat that we were the 3rd highest scorers*, and 2nd best half-time team in the league that year despite coming fourth last. Didn't realise that before, then I was only 11 at the time! More impressive when it shines out that we had no "top" scorers.

Premier League Stats Link

And Second highest conceeders :grin:

Just noticed that more than half of the clubs in the first Premier League table (92-93) are now in a lower division - and unlikely to return to the Prem.

Also, the following season Newcastle came 3rd after just being promoted from Division 1 (old Div 2).

In the "Half-time League" table we are 2nd!!!

(Edit: Didnt notice that was mentioned in OP and title of thread!)

Edited by martjs

Just noticed that more than half of the clubs in the first Premier League table (92-93) are now in a lower division - and unlikely to return to the Prem.

Also, the following season Newcastle came 3rd after just being promoted from Division 1 (old Div 2).

In the "Half-time League" table we are 2nd!!!

Yeah i think the only ones that have stayed, without going down and going back up, are Man Utd, Liverpool, Villa, Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton and Spurs.

The rest are, or have been, in lower leagues since.

49 points in most other premiership seasons would have seen us mid table... poor old Palace!

Don't forget there were 42 games in those days. Still a decent total though - but then the 'gap' today is between the top of the prem and the rest, not the the prem and the championship (as Sky so keenly promotes).

Worst Average Attendence Since The Premier League Started & And We Still Hold That Record :)

Well Done Latics

We're not called Lickle Oldham for nothing, though some fans seem to think that we are still there, and that is where we belong!

Interestingly, as our capcity was 13,559, it makes us one of the best in terms of filling to capacity %.

We're not called Lickle Oldham for nothing, though some fans seem to think that we are still there, and that is where we belong!

Interestingly, as our capcity was 13,559, it makes us one of the best in terms of filling to capacity %.

Capacity was higher back then as the paddocks were both standing only but still would have been rammed at BP back then.

Worst Average Attendence Since The Premier League Started & And We Still Hold That Record :)

Well Done Latics

I think this might beat us:

Wimbledon 8,405

1992-93 click on "Next page"

:grin:

and even:

Wimbledon 10,462

1993-94 click on "Next page"

Edited by martjs