Obviously I am thinking back to our visits there - but as for the new one, can anyone let me know what the rules are on taking bottles of fizzy pop in there with you? I'm off to see York vs Stevenage tomorrow and I'm worried I might get thirsty.

http://www.wembleystadium.com/events/ProhibitedItems/

The following articles must not be brought within the Ground: knives, fireworks, smoke canisters, air-horns, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items,laser devices, bottles, glass vessels, cans, poles and any article that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety.

It says not, but you might wanna ask a steward.

I might rephrase my question as, "Do they actively stop you etc etc" ;)

I went a couple of years back for the Bristol Rovers vs Shrewsbury play off final. You could take plastic bottles in at that time, but they took the tops of you so you had to carry an open bottle.

If you're going to try taking a bottle or two in, have a couple of spare tops in your pocket. :wink:

:lol:

That's genius. Why have I never thought of that!?

Amateur! I mean, I was only asking the question at all in case The Force is weak in me that morning so the usual trick of just telling them I don't have anything on me whilst walking past with a slab of Kronenbourg on each shoulder doesn't work ;)

At the Rocky v Stocky game last year they made us pour our bottled drinks in to a plastic pint pot.

Robbing gits.

Take a bottle of Iron Brew which is actually filled with Lager... get pint pots, and hey presto - 4 pints! Everybadays 'appy! :wink:

:lol:

That's genius. Why have I never thought of that!?

'Cos I is a geeeenius and you ain't.

Whereabouts in failsworth are you ackey? I'm just off westminster road.

I'm going to the FA Vase final with Glossop on sunday don't suppose anyone knows any decent pubs located around there

Lots of Glossop fans meeting up in a pub called The GreenMan....supposedly 10-15mins walk from the ground,

and they are showing the utd / city game..

=========================================================================

Obviously I am thinking back to our visits there - but as for the new one, can anyone let me know what the rules are on taking bottles of fizzy pop in there with you? I'm off to see York vs Stevenage tomorrow and I'm worried I might get thirsty.

Over an hour after the game finished.

Will LL be ............

1. Sober

2.On the tube home

3.Asleep in a gutter

Still keeping to my maxim that the first time I go to Wembley will be to watch Latics, and I won't go before then. Could be a long wait still...

I only went 'cos of a mate and 'cos there was an outside chance of me having a reason to go to all 3 play offs that year - us for Lge1, my mate's a Bristol Rovers fan and bizarrely, until late in the season Colchester (where I was born) were in with a shout of the Championship play off. That would have been some weekend!

Still keeping to my maxim that the first time I go to Wembley will be to watch Latics, and I won't go before then. Could be a long wait still...

Same don't know why someone would go all that way to watch someone they don't support.

Same don't know why someone would go all that way to watch someone they don't support.

It was about 15 miles, done in two stages with a good pub stop in between. Not too taxing really, my mate was coming down for it and asked who fancied it.

Over an hour after the game finished.

Will LL be ............

1. Sober

2.On the tube home

3.Asleep in a gutter

My mate turned up having copiously sick several times on his coach journey, having had his last beer at about 3 and getting up about 6. He was initially inclined to buy a tee shirt without vomit on it but after a couple of beers decided it would be good money after bad. As we were all feeling a bit tender we decided for once not to smuggle drink in, a decision I sincerely regretted when handing over £11.40 for 3 pints of stale piss.

Can't say I was blown away by the Wembley experience. I guess part of that must be that I didn't really care about the match, my lukewarm support for York struggling in the face of their fans' offensive songs. It seemed a bit too big after Walsall.

It was about 15 miles, done in two stages with a good pub stop in between. Not too taxing really, my mate was coming down for it and asked who fancied it.

My mate turned up having copiously sick several times on his coach journey, having had his last beer at about 3 and getting up about 6. He was initially inclined to buy a tee shirt without vomit on it but after a couple of beers decided it would be good money after bad. As we were all feeling a bit tender we decided for once not to smuggle drink in, a decision I sincerely regretted when handing over £11.40 for 3 pints of stale piss.

Can't say I was blown away by the Wembley experience. I guess part of that must be that I didn't really care about the match, my lukewarm support for York struggling in the face of their fans' offensive songs. It seemed a bit too big after Walsall.

What songs were they partaking in andy?