Season Tickets

Guest sheridans_world

Season Tickets  

284 members have voted

1. 1. Which method have you/will you used?

• I have bought my ticket and paid in full
    • I have bought my ticket and I am using the easy payment plan
    • I have not bought my ticket but I will be paying in full
    • I have not bought my ticket but I will be using the easy payment plan
    • I'm not getting a season ticket but I will be attending home games
    • I'm not getting a ticket and I wont be attending home games

I raised with Alan Hardy the question of buying new STs online. He explained that the Club was worried that, by opening the facility to new applicants, it may get fans abusing it by giving false dates of birth to obtain concessionary or Boundary Blues STs (as if they would! :grin: ).

I'd hate to put the idea into peoples heads, but seeing as you already have done......I know a bloke who has gotten in for two season now on a £50 junior ST!

The simple solution? Make junior ST's baby blue and instruct turnstile attendants to not accept "My lad has gone in on mine" as an excuse from blokes trying to get in with a junior ticket.

The rubbish solution? Prevent fans from purchasing new season tickets online.....

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd hate to put the idea into peoples heads, but seeing as you already have done......I know a bloke who has gotten in for two season now on a £50 junior ST!

The simple solution? Make junior ST's baby blue and instruct turnstile attendants to not accept "My lad has gone in on mine" as an excuse from blokes trying to get in with a junior ticket.

The rubbish solution? Prevent fans from purchasing new season tickets online.....

Why should people who are not applying for a concession be prevented from completiing their purchase online?

The Club's simple solution? Concessions must apply to the ticket office producing evidence of age, but others can apply online.

Obviously misuse of STs obtained based on evidence of age cannot be prevented completely.

Why should people who are not applying for a concession be prevented from completiing their purchase online?

The Club's simple solution? Concessions must apply to the ticket office producing evidence of age, but others can apply online.

Obviously misuse of STs obtained based on evidence of age cannot be prevented completely.

They shouldn't... :unsure:

I think my solution is better - as you imply I could get a junior ticket using the details of one of the umpteen kids in the family and use that.

Making them look different (change the colour? Put a big image of chaddy on each paper ticket?) and getting turnstile operators to tighten up would put a stop to false concessions. As I said....stopping online purchases is a rubbish 'solution' and could even do more harm than good!

They shouldn't... :unsure:

I think my solution is better - as you imply I could get a junior ticket using the details of one of the umpteen kids in the family and use that.

Making them look different (change the colour? Put a big image of chaddy on each paper ticket?) and getting turnstile operators to tighten up would put a stop to false concessions. As I said....stopping online purchases is a rubbish 'solution' and could even do more harm than good!

STs already have ADULT or SENIOR CITIZEN clearly printed on them. I assume STs for juniors and Boundary Blues are clearly marked. I agree the turnstile operators need to tighten up on abusers.

STs already have ADULT or SENIOR CITIZEN clearly printed on them. I assume STs for juniors and Boundary Blues are clearly marked. I agree the turnstile operators need to tighten up on abusers.

It's clear enough.

While I think a colour system has merit, it is obvious that abuse of the pricing system could be easily stopped by people doing their job properly.

It's clear enough.

While I think a colour system has merit, it is obvious that abuse of the pricing system could be easily stopped by people doing their job properly.

Celtic had this problem (which club doesn't?) so at one home game, without prior announcement, they made a swoop on people using concessionary season tickets dishonestly (turnstile staff were instructed to stop anyone who appear to be acting fraudulently) and offenders had their season tickets confiscated. I think several hundred offenders were detected.

A food for thought?

Edited by Fyldelatic

Adult season tickets now available online with debit/credit card facility. You cannot renew by credit card at the ticket office.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...1658473,00.html

NOTE: Existing season ticket holders will have a client ref number which refers to their particular seat, so don’t make the mistake of registering again as a new account and getting another account number which will not let you renew.

If you experience any problems email enquiries@oldhamathletic.co.uk or ring 0871 226 2235.

Adult season tickets now available online with debit/credit card facility. You cannot renew by credit card at the ticket office.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...1658473,00.html

NOTE: Existing season ticket holders will have a client ref number which refers to their particular seat, so don’t make the mistake of registering again as a new account and getting another account number which will not let you renew.

If you experience any problems email enquiries@oldhamathletic.co.uk or ring 0871 226 2235.

I had problems online, the payment wouldn't be authorised, i waited for 20 mins, no problem as I only live a cpl of miles away, they also know if you have already applied on line so if you ring/ go to the ticket office they should be able to help you from there, dont know whether they will accept cc as i was told they havent since nearly going into administration........but over the phone????

I had problems online, the payment wouldn't be authorised, i waited for 20 mins, no problem as I only live a cpl of miles away, they also know if you have already applied on line so if you ring/ go to the ticket office they should be able to help you from there, dont know whether they will accept cc as i was told they havent since nearly going into administration........but over the phone????

I had the same problem of my payment being authorised,was timed out 3 times trying to buy my S.T.

I phoned the ticket office to find i had bought 2 season tickets,1 in my old seat in the Rocky and 1 in my new seat in the Chaddy....Sorted now but be careful.

First time in years I haven’t got or getting a season ticket.

Last year there was 4 of us who all bought one but this year the figure is none.

The main reason for this is the state of boundary park on match days, it just doesn’t feel like a games on anymore poor to no atmosphere and dire facilities.

With so many southern sides in our division this year away support travelling to boundary park will be smaller and this will only make the atmosphere worse.

Also at various times during the year we all missed home games for one reason or another meaning the saving wasn’t there, and with this league being so crap you hardly need a season ticket to get priority over any away tickets.

I am however going to go to more away games as a result.

Last year I went to 80% of away games and that’s where I find my fix these days so why not go for more its just a crying shame I don’t enjoy going to boundary park anymore. :disappointed:

Got mine. Does anyone know if the club intend giving updates on the number sold? It's just possible that some people may buy one if they know that they are getting £70 back, but not bother otherwise. A running total, especially if we're getting close to the magic number, may help push them into buying.

Please no negative responses such as "whats the point we'll never sell that many". Let's keep upbeat

We have to be realistic as we've only sold about 1000 season tickets to date, and the discount period has almost ended!

:disappointed:

Currently using the online facility to purchase 2 season tickets. It's been running 5 mins now to finalise taking payment and to complete the transaction. That's not good and leaves you wondering as it actually taken place. It needs sorting!

Currently using the online facility to purchase 2 season tickets. It's been running 5 mins now to finalise taking payment and to complete the transaction. That's not good and leaves you wondering as it actually taken place. It needs sorting!

UPDATE: Whilst the online purchasing facility is still advising not to navigate away from the page until processing is complete (now over 10 minutes) I've now checked my online credit card account site and the amount for the season tickets is showing on my CC statement as pending. So it would appear something is working correct whilst the purchasing site is not what it should be. It needs sorting really.

UPDATE: Whilst the online purchasing facility is still advising not to navigate away from the page until processing is complete (now over 10 minutes) I've now checked my online credit card account site and the amount for the season tickets is showing on my CC statement as pending. So it would appear something is working correct whilst the purchasing site is not what it should be. It needs sorting really.

It's still not transaction complete according to the season ticket purchasing page. That's half an hour now! email to the club I think.

OK, just spoke with Neil Joy (who incidently doesn't read this message board he say's) and having checked their computers the said season tickets have duly been purchased. Yet the final transaction page still buzzed along asking not to navigate away until transaction completed.

Anyway, as a back up if this happens to you. If you tried to purchase the same tickets again it would display the tickets status as dispatched and not renewable.

Edited by Lags

OK, just spoke with Neil Joy (who incidently doesn't read this message board he say's) and having checked their computers the said season tickets have duly been purchased. Yet the final transaction page still buzzed along asking not to navigate away until transaction completed.

Anyway, as a back up if this happens to you. If you tried to purchase the same tickets again it would display the tickets status as dispatched and not renewable.

Mine worked fine but didn't let me buy my own seat.....had to re-register and pay as if buying somebody else's ticket for them. Weird....go figure?

Mine worked fine but didn't let me buy my own seat.....had to re-register and pay as if buying somebody else's ticket for them. Weird....go figure?

Have I the pleasure of your company just behind again? the old man enquired if we were to move to avoid the weakest bladder in the entire world, but I declined. You can only move so many times I told him!!

the point of the payment plan is for people who can't afford the payment all at once,thus that is why i have got it,i think it a good scheme.

too right - no way me n Adz would be going every week if I didnt get one that's for sure!!

Have I the pleasure of your company just behind again? the old man enquired if we were to move to avoid the weakest bladder in the entire world, but I declined. You can only move so many times I told him!!

Hiya Lags, yep, same spot and hopefully without the distraction of 'weak willie'. It's a bugger when we're all hoping for every season ticket holder to renew.....but there's one who i hope calls it a day.....or at least pisses off (literally and metoaphorically) to another part of the ground!

Hiya Lags, yep, same spot and hopefully without the distraction of 'weak willie'. It's a bugger when we're all hoping for every season ticket holder to renew.....but there's one who i hope calls it a day.....or at least pisses off (literally and metoaphorically) to another part of the ground!

I had to laugh at Wallsall. He was thrown out early doors due to having a fag in the loo whilst relieving himself. Poetic justice!