According to the Sun, Norwich are tracking Billy boy after his recent release from Tractor boys..

With Penny's link with Clarke, still think he'd opt for us.

Despite the fact that he would not have to move to join norwich

and they could pay him an awful lot more than we ever could

and the fact that they are much better equipped than us resource wise to have a crack at promotion?

Edited by Lookers_Carl

is i was billy clarke i think id go norwich, 20,000+ every home game, big club ( for league one ) close to home, more money, the odds are stacked against latics.

yeah they still have wes hoolhan, quality player. lee croft is still there, i think if they keep there players they will easily get back to championship first time of asking.

Despite the fact that he would not have to move to join norwich

and they could pay him an awful lot more than we ever could

and the fact that they are much better equipped than us resource wise to have a crack at promotion?

plus they have sold 18000 season tickets already for next season

http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/sport...3A17%3A48%3A413

Very much doubt they are financially equipped after there fall from grace over the past few years, Delia needs to write a few more books to compensate for Norwich's losses!!

The fact DP has worked closely with him prior will help the cause predominantly!!

Didnt see many former championship clubs fighting for Promotion this season!

I believe Not many players would be making the A Route trip to the Broads rather than sunny BP!

Bit off topic but have Norwich still got Hoolahan (former Blackpool winger) at the club? He was a nifty player at league 1 level and could prove to be a good asset for them this year.

fully expect hoolahan to team up with grayson at leeds...he enquired about him when he took over,but at the time didnt want to drop down again,maybe different now

is i was billy clarke i think id go norwich, 20,000+ every home game, big club ( for league one ) close to home, more money, the odds are stacked against latics.

Why are they? He'd be a virtual first choice, and a real chance to put a lot of games in. At Norwich I'd expect him to be a bit-part player at best. Certainly not a first choice starter.

And who says he'd be on more money? They're better off than Southampton and Charlton, but are still in debt, looking for a buyer and quite different owners than the one Leicester have in Manderic. Not only that, they're likely to be on the hunt for a manager pretty soon too.

Classic footballer's dilemma. Oldham, where he'll be guaranteed more first team football, or Norwich with the significently higher chance he'll be turning out in the stiffs against the likes of King's Lynn and Cambridge.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/sport...3A17%3A48%3A413

Very much doubt they are financially equipped after there fall from grace over the past few years, Delia needs to write a few more books to compensate for Norwich's losses!!

The fact DP has worked closely with him prior will help the cause predominantly!!

Didnt see many former championship clubs fighting for Promotion this season!

I believe Not many players would be making the A Route trip to the Broads rather than sunny BP!

18000 season tickets sold already, and rising, says they are much more financially equipped than us

would still get a hell of alot more money than we could pay him

wouldnt have to uproot his family

hard times financially for everyone,

if i was clarke and was offered a contract by norwich and latics, sure as hell know where I would go

cheaper season tickets or normal prices???

as in ranging from £415 to £537

their cheapest nearly £100 more expensive than our dearest

so they are probably going to sell 6 times more season tickets than us, at higher prices

really is no contest is it

if i was clarke and was offered a contract by norwich and latics, sure as hell know where I would go

I really love it how people like yourself summarise with a ridiculous black and white statement of "If I were him..."

But you're not. And you can't possibly put yourself in his shoes because you've never played professional football or know what contracts are going to be on the table. For all we know the contracts on offer could be exactly the same, with Narrwich hoping on the close proximity being enough as a dealbreaker. You may as well go the whole hog and assume he's a massive fan of Alan Partridge and bound to sign for them on that basis.

The lad came over from Ireland a couple of years ago so he's hardly "planted his roots in Anglia" has he? Still a young lad, a bit of travelling and living somewhere else won't bother him too much, and he'll be looking for the right career move for him, rather than "Oh, they're paying me more, and it's closer so I'll lump for them thankyouverymuch".

I think people are making Norwich out to be the superclub that are going to walk the league and have FAR more bargaining chips than anyone else than the league. I don't think that one bit.

Like Mr Shank clearly states, would be on the teamsheet every week or @ best on the bench!

In clear comparison would probably be out on loan @ Norwich or trying to shine in the reserves... Oldham's financials, as stated many-a-times are fairly stable at present whereas Norwichs are no doubt all over the show due to near on successive relegations.

Who says NC will be offering excessive wages to Clarke? They might not even match our offer due to being fairly unproven and not masses of consistency!

Whereas DP knows what he is capable of, sure only on the back of 8 games or so but more than Gunn has to go off!

- More 1st team Opp's

- Dave Penny

The fact he may have to be uprooted from Norfolk would be nothing for a young lad of 22.

They have far more bargaining chips than we do though.

I'm not saying we're going to outbid Norwich for Clarke, but they may view Clarke as a 3rd choice striker and offer him as much as us who view him as a 1st choice lad. You're just making a load of massive assumptions that he'll just jump on the good ship Delia because they've sold 18,000 season tickets at a trillion quid each. Or so it seems.

But I reckon Forest came down with much more financial backing than Norwich currently have but they still didn't find it easy to rebound straight back up. Same as Leeds, who could spend a 3rd season down here with the hoi polloi quite feasibly.

Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up at Brentford, where he spend a large period on loan too.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

SO far no one seems to have toched on the hatred between Norwich and Ipswich. Which may be a fctor as any Ipswich player going to Norwich,as he would get abuse far worse than Neal Eardley gets evry game from a certain section of the crowd.

Still far less upheaval for him so expect a move in that direction. And more clubs than Oldham, Norwich and Brentford putting in bids.

It seems Dave Penney is more universally liked than most people, but even must have had soem palyers that did not like him or his style of play"!

Plus did he not once sign 50 players ina season?

Edited by singe

yeah they still have wes hoolhan, quality player. lee croft is still there, i think if they keep there players they will easily get back to championship first time of asking.

Re Lee Croft,I heard he was looking to move back to the North West to be closer to his family.I think he might now be out of our range unfortunately,plus PNE were sniffing round apparently.