allott to consider new deal

it says on the OS that he is going to come back after discussing it with the missus. this seems to suggest he isnt sure about staying, maybe he's had a pre-contract offer from somewhere that gives him a large pay packet but involves moving the family, cos he's been getting games and doing well here so hes not really going to umm and ahh about the playing side of things.

just seems a little odd to me that a latics fan hasnt decided whether he wants to stay yet, he's had the best part of two years to decide if he wants to stay longer...

it says on the OS that he is going to come back after discussing it with the missus. this seems to suggest he isnt sure about staying, maybe he's had a pre-contract offer from somewhere that gives him a large pay packet but involves moving the family, cos he's been getting games and doing well here so hes not really going to umm and ahh about the playing side of things.

just seems a little odd to me that a latics fan hasnt decided whether he wants to stay yet, he's had the best part of two years to decide if he wants to stay longer...

Personally, I think he's had long enough, he was offered a new deal before the end of the season - he's too average a player to play hard ball. Withdraw the offer and look elsewhere. Midfield grafters are ten a 'penney' it's craft and guile we need.

Personally, I think he's had long enough, he was offered a new deal before the end of the season - he's too average a player to play hard ball. Withdraw the offer and look elsewhere. Midfield grafters are ten a 'penney' it's craft and guile we need.

I am pretty sure that the length of contract will be the problem. At his age he will be looking at the security of a couple of years rather than the opne offered.

Agree completely. I really enjoyed Allott's first season back; to say I was pleasantly surprised would be a massive understatement. I was predicting League Two football if signing Allott was a signal of intent. But this season he's suffered, in my opinion, from being guaranteed his place in the side.

Good player to have around the club, but shouldn't be offered a massive amount, and shouldn't be considered irreplacable.

Edited by Zorrro

he was offered the deal before he knew who was going to be in charge for next season, yesterday may have been the first time he has sat down and spoke to the new gaffer properly.

you dont know the details of the offer or the contract, or what hes been told by penney

so to state that you would take away the contract offer becuase he has not signed it yet is a stupid comment.

if we carry on like that we will start next season with a smaller squad than ever

he was offered the deal before he knew who was going to be in charge for next season, yesterday may have been the first time he has sat down and spoke to the new gaffer properly. Whether that is true or not he's had the offer for the best part of a month

you dont know the details of the offer or the contract, or what hes been told by penney

so to state that you would take away the contract offer becuase he has not signed it yet is a stupid comment. - The contract has been on the table for weeks

if we carry on like that we will start next season with a smaller squad than ever - so will everyone else in League One and it's May for fooks sake, I don't expect any sort of squad to take shape until the end of next month and even then it will go to the wire if we want decent players

But no we won't, we hold the cards we can better than Mark Allott and probably for similar money, so it's not a stupid comment is it? Mark Allott re-signing is hardly the be all and end all, and I'd prefer the club to be the ones playing hardball - glad to see tomorrow's his deadline or we'll look elsewhere. If only we'd done that with Porter and wellens eh?

But no we won't, we hold the cards we can better than Mark Allott and probably for similar money, so it's not a stupid comment is it? Mark Allott re-signing is hardly the be all and end all, and I'd prefer the club to be the ones playing hardball - glad to see tomorrow's his deadline or we'll look elsewhere. If only we'd done that with Porter and wellens eh?

i explained why i think its stupid , the situation changed once the contract was offered, he didnt know who the boss was or even if he was in his plans (he may have been told he will just be a squad player by dp)

he may not be playing "hard ball" he may have been waiting to speak to the new boss to see if he was in his plans, you dont take it away because he has not signed it yet.

there are better than allott in the league im sure but he has been fairly consistent since his return to the club and he would be usefull to have in the squad.

porter was mentioned earlier, do we as a club want to :censored: on a good servant like allott (just because he hast signed a deal without speaking to the new boss and knowing the future plans) that would make us just like porter

so was it a stupid comment? yes

i explained why i think its stupid , the situation changed once the contract was offered, he didnt know who the boss was or even if he was in his plans (he may have been told he will just be a squad player by dp)

he may not be playing "hard ball" he may have been waiting to speak to the new boss to see if he was in his plans, you dont take it away because he has not signed it yet.

there are better than allott in the league im sure but he has been fairly consistent since his return to the club and he would be usefull to have in the squad.

porter was mentioned earlier, do we as a club want to :censored: on a good servant like allott (just because he hast signed a deal without speaking to the new boss and knowing the future plans) that would make us just like porter

so was it a stupid comment? yes

agreed. It's not a question of "playing hardball" by the club or player. A new manager has come in, looked at Allott , looked at the budget and explained to him what the situation is about wages, length of contract, where he sees the team structure.

The player has said ok, let me have a think about it.

Seems very reasonable on both sides.

agreed. It's not a question of "playing hardball" by the club or player. A new manager has come in, looked at Allott , looked at the budget and explained to him what the situation is about wages, length of contract, where he sees the team structure.

The player has said ok, let me have a think about it.

Seems very reasonable on both sides.

I'm not getting into an argument over an average player at best, the offer has been on the table since April 16th, I hope we haven't improved the offer as I think we can do better. If he signs great, he's a tic through and through. If he doesn't I won't lose any sleep and I'm glad we've given him a deadline. As for the manager situation I agree, but what the manager tells him in May and does come August may be completely different. O'Grady, Lee and Maher anyone?

I'm not getting into an argument over an average player at best, the offer has been on the table since April 16th, I hope we haven't improved the offer as I think we can do better. If he signs great, he's a tic through and through. If he doesn't I won't lose any sleep and I'm glad we've given him a deadline. As for the manager situation I agree, but what the manager tells him in May and does come August may be completely different. O'Grady, Lee and Maher anyone?

have to say i would of thought the offer on the table originally was probably a pretty decent one,and offered by the club while joe was here.

imo he should of signed it within a matter of days if he has any interest in staying at the club,the fact he didnt may now have come back to bite him on his arris,penny is here,and has seen dvd's of the games this season,and has joes dossier to mull over,he may have decided allott is no more than a squad player and thus thrown his original offer out and now presented him one with a lower wage over a shorter time,told him thats it,no point arguing over it let me know by end of play friday or i withdraw it.

the current transfer and player market will dictate far better players than allott will become available once contracts start to expire very soon,and that we may just get a whole lot better.

as for him being oldham through and through,only player we have like that is taylor...im pretty sure if shez becomes manager of chesterfield and he offers him a couple of hundred quid more than us he would go.

have to say i would of thought the offer on the table originally was probably a pretty decent one,and offered by the club while joe was here.

imo he should of signed it within a matter of days if he has any interest in staying at the club,the fact he didnt may now have come back to bite him on his arris,penny is here,and has seen dvd's of the games this season,and has joes dossier to mull over,he may have decided allott is no more than a squad player and thus thrown his original offer out and now presented him one with a lower wage over a shorter time,told him thats it,no point arguing over it let me know by end of play friday or i withdraw it.

the current transfer and player market will dictate far better players than allott will become available once contracts start to expire very soon,and that we may just get a whole lot better.

as for him being oldham through and through,only player we have like that is taylor...im pretty sure if shez becomes manager of chesterfield and he offers him a couple of hundred quid more than us he would go.

Ed, Mark Allott is just as big an Oldham fans as Taylor is.

And as for the comment about him going to Chesterfield for a few hundred quid more.....Do you really beleive that yourself?

He will be discussing it with his family before signing just like he did when we signed him, only it was a bit of an easier decision as he loves the club and was sick of travelling to Chesterfield everday and not having much time with his son by the time he got home. He has now got a new baby in his family and deffinately wont want to upsticks and move them. I say he will be resigned by next week as long as DP wants him.

I always thought Allott was actually an Oldham fan... He didn't want to leave first time around...