You going to Rome for the CL final Johnny

nope. wouldn't go to rome to watch a game if it was a free tickets and 5* hotel chucked in for free.

it'll be a nasty few days i fear.

we set off for la coruna the morning after the game too.

was thinking of going to barcelona to watch it in the city,but can't be arsed messing about with changing flights etc etc.

in all honesty,i think the suspensions we have for the final will undo us.

Campions! :Spain:

Barcelona have been awesome this season, after last years performances you couldn't even believe they would be this good. Man Ure have a huge task on their hands! Can't wait to get over to watch them in La Coruna!

Also in the last hour FC Torrevieja have clinched a place in the Tercera Divisional Play Offs after beating league champions Villajoyosa 2-1 at home on the last day of the season. Not sure how the play offs work as it's very complicated and spanish but they are only a handful of games away from going in the Segunda B league, only two steps from the Primera. Getting a play off place is even more remarkable as the club nearly folded last season through bad financial mis-management by the then directors of the club.

I have more of a physical connection to Barcelona than Oldham, as in I have lived in Barca. I support Latics because my dad does, Oldham are my team but it doesn't mean to me that I can't root for or even support other teams, espcially ones that are so many miles apart in every sense.

I always root for one team over another as a neutral too. I find any other concept baffling but each to their own ey?!

Does anyone know of any bars in Oldham or Manchester that will be Spanish fo the night next Wednesday. There must be a lot of Barca fans about so I would imagine that they may have pubs that they frequent for big games.

I fancy watching it in the pub but I also fancy watching it surrounded by people I don't despise.

There were plenty of Barca fans at Sasha' hotel when I watched the cheski game. Only 1 tv screen and not the most bustling atmosphere, but it's quiet and you have space to sit and get a pint usually.

Other than that I'd suggest maybe Czech bar, usually there's plenty of foreign support there from students and very cheap beer.

Does anyone know of any bars in Oldham or Manchester that will be Spanish fo the night next Wednesday. There must be a lot of Barca fans about so I would imagine that they may have pubs that they frequent for big games.

I fancy watching it in the pub but I also fancy watching it surrounded by people I don't despise.

in m/cr..i'd avoid like the plague. the spanish restaurants will probably not have it on anyway.

in oldham,i've not a clue,but i'd expect the armchair followers out in force also.

i'll be enjoying at home,bottle of cava on ice,whilst packing..i'm off to la coruna in the wee hours next morning.

JP do you live in Spain? I'll be moving to Barca a few days later, hopefully there'll be some sort of parade with the league, cup and champions league cup in the week after. My friends were saying that Barca was crazy on Saturday after Real lost.

I was in Barca two years ago when real won the league, unhappy times that day!

JP do you live in Spain? I'll be moving to Barca a few days later, hopefully there'll be some sort of parade with the league, cup and champions league cup in the week after. My friends were saying that Barca was crazy on Saturday after Real lost.

I was in Barca two years ago when real won the league, unhappy times that day!

i wish!..will get there eventually though..when kids leave school etc.but not in barca itself..much prefer the smaller towns and village life in catalunya.

i think the big street parade is this sunday..they play home saturday night so will be presented with la liga trophy then.i was there last time they won it '06 ...was just barmy!

been there a few times when huge results go for barca...winning trophies, getting to finals-it really does go ape:censored:.

went to paris 06 for final and it was just plain crazy that night...until arse fans decided they were lousy losers and caused havoc in the streets...all the parisiennes where hating the english for them wrecking a few bars and fighting in the streets,smashing windows ,and cars etc.

scary times.

rome is going to be worse-had 2 chances for tickets,but i just aint interested.

a few mates of mine are going from uk,and though they are chuffed,there is an air of caution flying about.

Edited by johnny punkster

All my friends (man u fans) are flying out and back on the same day, as they are corperate season ticket holders they got special options from the club directly so no fear for a quick in and out, lucky for them really, I dont think the romans will be that hospitable

anyway..back on topic...

barca are hopeful henry and iniesta will both be ready for next wednesday.with all the suspensions we already have and the few injuries,we need em!

can see a fairly understrength team out v.osasuna on sat night again,with pep seeing if silvinho is ready and giving bojan his chance if henry doesn't make it.

lots of guessing on whats what before now and next wed.

Use the ignore function, I have 5 people on my list now.

Personally I have a feeling that if Bojan plays, admittedly not from the start, he may have a massive impact, I think he's well underused already, but have a feeling this may go to extra time e.t.c...

Personally I have a feeling that if Bojan plays, admittedly not from the start, he may have a massive impact, I think he's well underused already, but have a feeling this may go to extra time e.t.c...

i've a gut feeling we've used up a lot of luck in the chelski game.

in all honesty if henry or iniesta don't make it,it's going to be a struggle...eto'o is way out of form,messi will be getting a lot of attention,so if bojan did play,its there for him to shine.

he has the talent,be it a raw talent,but he knows how to shine in the big games.

the defence is my worry!

puyol right back or caceres...or either them CH?

pique has been immense 2nd part of this season and he loves being with puyol(who isn't the fastest)-he clears up the speedier attackers that are plainly getting past puyol too easily.

silvinho left back i'd say is 99%.unfortunatly he's not alves,as in attacking down that flank,but he's a very good 2nd choice whatever.

heart says 2-1 win

head says 2-1 loss.

but this next week can conjure up yet more permatations.

the defence is my worry!

puyol right back or caceres...or either them CH?

pique has been immense 2nd part of this season and he loves being with puyol(who isn't the fastest)-he clears up the speedier attackers that are plainly getting past puyol too easily.

Agree with that. I think Puyol will really struggle with the pace of Tevez & Ronaldo to be honest...

Defence begins with attack though, that's the way to win it

People where talking to me... Or maybe you have trouble reading... without bias ?..... :)

To be honest, it just looks like you're just now trying to get a kick now you've got a few bites. You were baffled that anyone could find a passion for another club other than Latics, which has been your only productive input into this [now four page] thread. Of which, the only interesting content is way back on the first and second pages.

No-one's stopping you, it's all freedom of speech aye, I know. But hey, just give it a rest because it's crystal you have zero interest in it other than trying to get the last word in and attempting to quickly turn this thread into a simmering pile of dullness. With yours being the last post.

EDIT: Haha, thankfully someone saw sense and excercised the right to delete the tedium. Well done.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

Personally I think United will win it by a few. I hope not, but the loss of full backs for barcelona will be a problem. I'd go for 3-0.

As for last night, I don't know. Why don't these clubs purchase a decent keeper (this goes all the way up to teams like Barca). It is the most important position, and they neglect it into the middle of next week. Why, it is beyond me.