Gareth Barry

£12m - signed, sealed, delivered.

I thought he wanted Champions League football? detectivegm0.gif

:grin: Im sure he wont mind too much when he looks at his next paycheck! great signing for City though.

5 year contract!!

:deal2:

I know......in a football world full of footballers scrambling around for a living...only across the road 5 year contracts are being thrown about....oh how the other half live.

If these owners have it away on their toes though, who the hell can afford to take a club on,with players on contracts like this.

I hope it bites em back on the ass.

I know......in a football world full of footballers scrambling around for a living...only across the road 5 year contracts are being thrown about....oh how the other half live.

If these owners have it away on their toes though, who the hell can afford to take a club on,with players on contracts like this.

I hope it bites em back on the ass.

Gareth Barry £12m, £80k per week and only a year left on his contract PMSL, who negotiated that one, the Sheik out of Canonball Run? Man City forever to be a circus! ;-)

Good player but they've probably paid 50% more than they needed have done!

Quote from facegeek Prozac? If the Scousers offered 18m last time then Citeh have him on the cheap, no?

Yes, but mine originally, Beardy said he was nicking it!

As for Liverpool offering £18m they didn't that's why the deal stalled last summer, but £18m was being bvandied about when he had two years left on his Villa deal. I reckon they've paid well over the odds for someone tehy could have got for at least a third less!

Edited by oafcprozac

I think we're guilty on here, due to being used to a club that scrapes about for loose change, of thinking that that the City owners are bothered whether they have to pay two million or twenty million for a player. They might not want to get ripped off, but if they do it really doesn't matter. They exist in another dimension, even compared to Ambramovich.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

I think we're guilty on here, due to being used to a club that scrapes about for loose change, of thinking that that the City owners are bothered whether they have to pay two million or twenty million for a player. They might not want to get ripped off, but if they do it really doesn't matter. They exist in another dimension, even compared to Ambramovich.

Exactly, which means that when Richards is deemed not good enough he will no doubt be going at a cut-price fee :(