Chris Doig

They released him. Why would we sign him if he is being released by a relegated club?

I hope that is a :hooked:

If not - An absolutely fantastic reaction. Well done.

Perhaps because he was one of thier highest earners and they couldnt afford him in League 2?

Allott, Hazell... yadda yadda yadda....

Even crap teams have a couple of gems to be stolen...

Edited by BigfinLatic

Doig was the top earner at Northampton and they couldn't afford to give him a new contract.

Yeah. He's always struck me as being quite a strong player for them, and fairly highly regarded amongst cobblers fans. I'd be reasonably happy with him if he arrived.

Some Latics fans really need to try and get over the instant FEAR whenever we bring in a player from a lower-league or even percieved lower-ranked club than ours. It's like they're suddenly experts despite having only seen them play a couple of times which is never, ever enough to form an opinion of them from. Sometimes we simply have to place our trust in what the Latics management think I guess.

Yeah. He's always struck me as being quite a strong player for them, and fairly highly regarded amongst cobblers fans. I'd be reasonably happy with him if he arrived.

Some Latics fans really need to try and get over the instant FEAR whenever we bring in a player from a lower-league or even percieved lower-ranked club than ours. It's like they're suddenly experts despite having only seen them play a couple of times which is never, ever enough to form an opinion of them from. Sometimes we simply have to place our trust in what the Latics management think I guess.

But where has this come from? :wink:

I hope that is a :hooked:

If not - An absolutely fantastic reaction. Well done.

Perhaps because he was one of thier highest earners and they couldnt afford him in League 2?

Allott, Hazell... yadda yadda yadda....

Even crap teams have a couple of gems to be stolen...

Released him because he was one of their highest earners? The same we did with Gregan. So where is the sense? Unless Gregan's wages were/would be massively more than Doig.

Doig is 28. No spring chick but decent age.

I was waiting for the Hazell remark but i doubt Hazell was on a high wage when we signed him. Hope this guy has a better back pass too :)

He's gone! Let it go!

You really need to move on and trust DP!!!

:hooked:

I'll get over it when we sign a comparable replacement. Seeing as I can count on one hand the number of Gregan quality players we've had in this division I imagine I will be hurting for some time yet. <_<

:hooked:

I'll get over it when we sign a comparable replacement. Seeing as I can count on one hand the number of Gregan quality players we've had in this division I imagine I will be hurting for some time yet. <_<

Is it because you have to strip the Gregan wallpaper off the bedroom walls and replace the Gregan pillowcase & duvet set the reason why you are upset/annoyed that he's been released?

:grin:

well said

Might be wrong here but seem to remember reading on here that Leeds were still paying some of Gregan's wages hence the reason we couldn't afford to renew his deal without Greegs having to accept a much lower wage!

We would be able to afford to keep Gregan if we wanted a decision was made on a player who at 35 has his best days firmly behind him.