Setanta (possible administration)

I'm just concerned money won't still be taken from my direct debit if they go bust.

That's easy to fix... go to your bank and cancel it. You might even be able to do it over the phone or online. It's only if you have a contact that you can be 'chased up' for stopping your DD. If you go in the bank they will cancel it no matter how long you've had it or what your contract with the 3rd party says.

That's easy to fix... go to your bank and cancel it. You might even be able to do it over the phone or online. It's only if you have a contact that you can be 'chased up' for stopping your DD. If you go in the bank they will cancel it no matter how long you've had it or what your contract with the 3rd party says.

Correct, that's what makes standing orders a freckin nightmare.

I would make sure they cancel it properly too, I had a magazine subscription under DD which I cancelled only for the company to rebill me under a different name (it was the same ID) and because it was a 6 monthly subscription I only noticed they kept charging me 6 months later. I still received the magazine so there wasn't much I could do, but if Setanta goes off the air you wouldn't receive anything.

Does anyone who has freeview get Setanta in fits and starts? I haven't paid for it but was able to watch about 30 minutes of the under-21 game against Azerbaijan and then it turned off.

thats a deliberate ploy to tempt people i think, they also show the previews for big matches for free but cut off before kick off.

Does anyone who has freeview get Setanta in fits and starts? I haven't paid for it but was able to watch about 30 minutes of the under-21 game against Azerbaijan and then it turned off.

I subscribe through Sky and the picture quality is total rubbish..... in fact it totally stops if it rains and no other channel is affected like that!!

On the Direct Debit/Standing Order issue; if they do go into administration then all contracts are null and void (like Darlo in the football world were) so it's just a case of cancelling things with your bank. However it is protocol to inform the supplier, Setanta in this case that you have done this, so the administrators can get an accurate picture of expected income during the administration period. But it's up to you like, nobody can make you tell them.