Carling Cup...

Agreed as for the poster us away at Burton would be on TV i doubt it as am sure they find a couple of higher profile clubs to cover sadly. Draw is done on a computer reckon we proberly draw the dale again.

I think Burton Albion may be televised - away to Reading

What date is the game? Tuesday after the first game or a week later?

Didn't think I'd want go to many games next season but for some reason I can't wait for the season to start and get to some games!

Yeah, an element of 'meh' about the draw. But I think that would have been the case for most teams we could have drawn. Let's be honest, it's hardly a list of glamour clubs and most of us were more or less only hoping for a local game against someone like Dale, Stockport, Bury etc.

Ah, shades of 1987, we drew Carlisle in the first round of the league cup then and lost 4-3 up there before winning the second leg by a comfortable margin and going through (to play Everton away I think)

Looking at who we could have got for this round (bearing in mind we were seeded), Carlisle away is probably as bad a draw as we could have got. A side that is in our division, who we don't have all that good a recent record against, who might have a decent side (I have no idea about their squad compared to last years- but last year they had the makings of one). Plus its about as far away as possible as we could have gone (somewhere like Lincoln might be further) to ground that most people will have been to before. I'm saying this despite the fact that Carlisle is one of the two grounds which is actually closer to Durham than it is to Oldham and is a very nice drive (especially at this time of year). Plus we've played Carlisle early on in the season a few times and I can see it happening again.