Masters Keeper

davemathieson

Master Keeper  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as our Masters keeper this year?

• Mark Crossley
    • Andy Goram
    • Andy Rhodes
    • Paul Gerrard
    • Bruce Grobbelaar
    • Marlon Beresford
    • Chris Day
    • Ian Ironside
    • Mike Pollitt

Team Co-ordinator Gordon Lawton said: "However we are struggling for a goalkeeper so I might have to step in. At least I will fill the goal and I won't have to play with a broken hand like Jon Hallworth did last year."

Link

So who do you reckon? Who do you want as our keeper?

Here's a few options on a poll. It's based on Hallworth not playing. Please mention more as I will have missed some! Need to be 35 or over.

Gary Kelly can't play, and Pogs is too young! And I know some are obscure, but a lot of Masters players are, take United's team from last season!

Goram has played Masters before, Rhodes played for Bolton last year so doubt him. Think Crossley is a good shout, with Wright. I'd love Gerrard!

And NOBODY say Windass!

Edited by davemathieson

Winston Dubose

Ian Ironside

Jeff Wealands

Martin Hodge

Andy Gorton

Brian Parkin

Peter McDonnell (who looked a bit like Peter Sutcliffe, but was a European Cup Winner with Liverpool and not a lorry driving, prostitute murdering Yorkshireman)

John Platt

Lance Key

Chris Taylor (OK, not over 35 but played in goal once)

John 'Lucky' Keeley

Mark Grew

I think that just about covers the 80's

Gerrard is probably worth a go- he still lives local. He best aspect was always shot stopping (keepers don't take too many high balls or kick it that far in masters do they?) He is young enough that he was actually looking for a club last year (and may be this year) and we could tell him it will put him in a shop window (I'm sure a few coaches watch/play and if they know he's availible might give him a call).

Gerrard is probably worth a go- he still lives local. He best aspect was always shot stopping (keepers don't take too many high balls or kick it that far in masters do they?) He is young enough that he was actually looking for a club last year (and may be this year) and we could tell him it will put him in a shop window (I'm sure a few coaches watch/play and if they know he's availible might give him a call).

If Paul Gerrard is our keeper, I'm not going :mad:

Team Co-ordinator Gordon Lawton said: "However we are struggling for a goalkeeper so I might have to step in. At least I will fill the goal and I won't have to play with a broken hand like Jon Hallworth did last year."

Link

So who do you reckon? Who do you want as our keeper?

Here's a few options on a poll. It's based on Hallworth not playing. Please mention more as I will have missed some! Need to be 35 or over.

Gary Kelly can't play, and Pogs is too young! And I know some are obscure, but a lot of Masters players are, take United's team from last season!

Goram has played Masters before, Rhodes played for Bolton last year so doubt him. Think Crossley is a good shout, with Wright. I'd love Gerrard!

And NOBODY say Windass!

why cant gary kelly play?

Voting over, they've announced on the official site it's Rhodes!

Link

He was second top of the poll, just. And since Gerrard is playing for Everton, seems we've got the man we wanted.

One thing that makes me laugh, after the Bolton match last year, I was talking to a girl about Hallworth and Rhodes, and she replied "I always preferred Hallworth anyway!".

Edited by davemathieson

Winston Dubose

Ian Ironside

Jeff Wealands

Martin Hodge

Andy Gorton

Brian Parkin

Peter McDonnell (who looked a bit like Peter Sutcliffe, but was a European Cup Winner with Liverpool and not a lorry driving, prostitute murdering Yorkshireman)

John Platt

Lance Key

Chris Taylor (OK, not over 35 but played in goal once)

John 'Lucky' Keeley

Mark Grew

I think that just about covers the 80's

He was rubbish......I scored against him at the Chaddy End when I was mascot :grin: