Signing is Joe Jacobson

It also said they wanted him off their wage bill so not only rejected for footballing reasons, but financial too?

Maybe coming back from injury and havin someone taking his place just knocked his confidence, an then when he got the chance tried too hard to impress and made simple mistakes.

A good pre season and then run of games might work wonders for him and in return, us!

As for the 'he's a Bristol reject' people.....Trotman - reject. Hazell reject from a LOWER club. Allott - (second stint) lower club. Gregan - Reject. Hughes prison reject noone wanted.

See a trend following?

As much as single gifted players are great, a good team with fighting spirit is the main winning formula a team needs...and I think Penney's signing players who will deliver this on the pitch

:grin:

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im really struggling to get my head around all this negativity of the new signings

us as latics fans being in the lower leagues for god knows how long should know that money alone will not get us to the championship

although money would help good management is the key

the 3 signings we have made up to yet 1 is a promising left back and 2 are consistent battling players who will wear the clubs badge on there sleeve and give 100% (for instance on a cold tuesday night down south)

with 5/6 more signings yet to come - quality will arrive aswell

i dont buy into all this that we are poor with a low budget because SC has gone on record saying this years budget is only slightly down on last years (Which lets be honest was decent and spent in the wrong way by sheridan)

DP has gone on record saying he is in contact with a number of premiership clubs regarding bringing in long term loans (which is the right way to use the loan system ie wheater from middlesbrough)

in football terms there is still plenty of time left to bring the quality in we need - we have almost got the backbone

the moaners need to take a step back and start criticising when the new team takes to the field against stockport

until then keep the faith

How the hell has a thread about Joe Jacobson made it to 10 pages? is he really that controversial?

anyway...what i've been told...

joe jacobson has got the potential to be a fantastic player, he was unlucky for us because he got injured last season, and when he got fit again couldn't force his way back into the team. he lacked a lot of match practice which is why on the few occasions he did appear for us last season, he looked poor, but as long as you get him fit and playing well, you'll have a cracking player on your hands. needs to step up quickly though, because potentially he could play in the championship, but another poor season and he'll be looking at a career in the bottom divisions after looking so promising to begin with. i liked him, though he did get a hard time off some people for looking so completely off the pace at times last season.