Signing is Joe Jacobson

Bang on mate, cant believe some of the clowns on here

5700 average crowd

3000 season tickets

= Realistic signings

GET REAL

Exactly.

I swear to god i'm guna snap next season if i hear someone constantly slagging players off.

i'd rather they sit there and not make a peep than add negativity.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ive got a friend who is a bristol rovers fan and he tells me even though he didnt play as many as he should have jj is a decent reliable player who puts in a decent ball and says they should have kept him as he is a promising player! hope he is right.

Excellent article. Having said that, I am a full-back myself :blush:

I played left back for a while but didn't have the legs for it to be honest... I'm not sure I agree with the article at all levels. Sure in the best of the best teams they're vital, but at our level I'm not so sure.

Just thought it was a good read and others might like it.

And you have conveniently chosen those few 'parallels' that suit your limited cynical outlook. I suppose that makes a change fom the gross simplification you usually serve up.

Not convenient at all. People were saying exactly the same things when all those other managers arrived. The trouble was that the club was 'poorly' behind the scenes. It still is, as Joe Royle hinted. Nothing has really changed, despite two changes of regime, since Neil Warnock's day. The club continues to fall behind it's local competitors and remains trapped in the same spiral of decline.

Serve us up some non-simplified views on where you think the club is at, why don't you, Mr Poultry, because I think anybody who thinks the club is gearing up for life in the division above is living in cloud cuckoo land.

I played left back for a while but didn't have the legs for it to be honest... I'm not sure I agree with the article at all levels. Sure in the best of the best teams they're vital, but at our level I'm not so sure.

Just thought it was a good read and others might like it.

Ahh... this takes me back, to the first few months of OWTB and my battle with everyone - saying that full backs were essentially pointless, and if we had a saleable asset there (Eardley) we should cash in, and run away laughing as reasonable lower division full backs are easily found.

My opinion has not really changed. However, I think Shez and most of our fans put far too much emphasis on this marauding full back, where at our level, you just want someone who is good at his job at stopping the winger get past him.

I'm sure Leeslover/SW will cringe at the even mention of this subject - its all they heard from em for 6 months. Then my focus was taken solely by Andy Liddell. :)

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, Mr. Wrong McWrongyson.

No I'm not. You are.*

:angry:

*all you comments re: defneding are deemed non-admissable anyway, due to the fact you believe Stam could actually play football. That goes for you too Ackroyd.

Right, Let me just get my opinion across.

1. From a few youtube, videos I've seen he is a good, tidy player and the manager wouldn't have borught him if he thought he was a bad player.

2. He is a left back and we all have been moaning how Lomax isn't good enough, and we don't have a left back and we need one. Now we do and you're still mioaning, without even seening him play. Give the lad a break!!

3. We got him for free and won't be on a lot of money, so a good signing in that way!

4. After all of this moaning, about how he isn't good enough he'll probably become one of our best players. Just wacth, it always happens!

5. GIVE THE LAD A CHANCE! DON'T GET ON HIS BACK STRAIGHT AWAY!

Not convenient at all. People were saying exactly the same things when all those other managers arrived. The trouble was that the club was 'poorly' behind the scenes. It still is, as Joe Royle hinted.

2+2 =5

Serve us up some non-simplified views on where you think the club is at, why don't you, Mr Poultry, because I think anybody who thinks the club is gearing up for life in the division above is living in cloud cuckoo land.

No. I wasn't talking about where the club is at - although you'd like me to. We are talking about how you simplify things to serve your own purpose. See here - lets take Gerald Celente's comments in isolation and use these as the truth.

Blogosphere indeed.

Listen chum...........p. You just stick to berating Mr. Pointy. Leave the defender talk to people who know what they're on about. (ie. Me. Not sure about Jesus Hairdo.)

I've not had a jesus do for years! Jesus beard I can accept. And I knew enough to get in the Latics youth team! :)

He wasn't there when I was, and from what I hear all the better for me! :wink:

You said on another post that you didn't have the "legs" to be a decent full back. Perhaps Dick Jobsworth would have thought your legs were fine :wink: and he might have wanted to take an active "hand" in your development.

Who knows, you might even have enjoyed it :lol:

:ass3:

2+2 =5

No. I wasn't talking about where the club is at - although you'd like me to. We are talking about how you simplify things to serve your own purpose. See here - lets take Gerald Celente's comments in isolation and use these as the truth.

Blogosphere indeed.

Well that was coherent. Thanks for clarifying your position.

I think the vast difference this time is the 'talking' from the club ... We produced Rugby Ron like he was a god .. gave him a mic and he bleated promotion promotion. Sheridan made a rod for his own back in his first season by getting to the playoffs....... Why Im optimistic this time is Penny has said very little but what he has said is not only feasable plausable and sensible it also states ambition. And this guy has actually done the these things previously and consistently.

I remain eternally full of hope