Spotted .........

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it as been stated that contracts are not up untill 30th June, that also includes Lee Hughes. He is therefore still an Oldham player untill then. If no-one else offers him a contract,then maybe he will realise he is not the billy big boots he thought he was. we could end up with a proven striker for free, on less wages than before, and more commitment with DP in control. At the moment, we have no strikers to win a game.

i thought it said on oafc website that he got released abit ago?

If it wasnt for his goals in the first half of the season then we would have been in a relegation battle

I dont care if hes a :censored:, everybody knows hes a quality striker in this league, and if he can bang them in for us then its all good

Shez couldnt handle him, Royle couldnt be bothered with him, but from what ive seen DP wont stand for no messing so if he has changed his attitude it can only be good for us

That is the rider for me too. If he has then fine, it will the club that know.

Plus the Diggle-ites that know if he still is frequenting the watering holes there.

i thought it said on oafc website that he got released abit ago?

Decision made in early May.

The overwhelming majority of footballers are contracted until 30th June.

That means the club is his employer until that date.

I would assume this gives him the right to use whatever facilities a player uses in the close season (e.g. gym etc).

Whats all this negativity about Allesandra? Everyone was complaining when he was dropped last year. I dont want him to be our number one striker but I wouldn't be too upset to see him starting

Me neither. Especially if he has more to work with from the midfield. It seems a couple of bad games and some innuendo about his attitude have made some people forget that he still young but has played some fantastic games for us.

Whats all this negativity about Allesandra? Everyone was complaining when he was dropped last year. I dont want him to be our number one striker but I wouldn't be too upset to see him starting

Everyone was complaining as he was dropped for some of the worst loan signings we have ever seen. That doesnt however mean he is a good option. Its like being kicked in the balls and complaining you werent hit in the face - niether are really what you want...

He has potential, but Jigsaw needs to buckle down and work hard. He shouldnt be anywhere near the first team IMO... like a lot of players he needs a good stint in the stiffs to prove he can play football, and develop...

... because lets be honest... every time he played after scunthorpe he was awful... as were a lot of players....

Think your being very Harsh there. He was playing well and got dropped for no reason. I certainly dont want to be to be dependant on him but he can definitely do a job for us

I guess we have all moved from the Eardley bashing to the next target

For me it's about strike partnerships.

Alessandra / Hughes worked really well with Lewis in the gap behind Hughes.

Asking LA to lead the line is a different story - I think he should be in behind a bigger and more experienced player.

I do think Lewis Alessandra has a future and Dave Penney should look at the best ways he can utilise him next season.

every time he played after scunthorpe he was awful
Being dropped 2 games after scoring a hat-trick does wonders for a young player's confidence! Did he ever start alongside Hughes again?

Few of you complaining about alessandra's performances after the scunthorpe game, what do you expect from him?

Bags a superb hat-trick, gets dropped and doesnt play for a few weeks, with no reserve team games, and when he comes on as a sub you expect him to produce something outstanding depsite being dropped for a few weeks with no games.

Few of you complaining about alessandra's performances after the scunthorpe game, what do you expect from him?

Bags a superb hat-trick, gets dropped and doesnt play for a few weeks, with no reserve team games, and when he comes on as a sub you expect him to produce something outstanding depsite being dropped for a few weeks with no games.

No, but we at least expected him to look interested - he didn't.

Agree completely.

Did well and should have then got a decent run of games. The sort of run we afforded the likes of Byfield who managed one goal. I'd rather Lewi had got the games under his belt. He's still ours now. He's not the finished article by any means but there is a lot to work with.

As for his attitude, I'm hardly surprised he was pissed off at being over looked in favour of some of those not so fantastic loan strikers we brought in.

Alessandra falls over far too much. Last minute against Leicester, through one on one....falls over.

Wolfy doesn't have the physique.

O'Grady has less chance of scoring for us than Mark Crossley.

Hughes, Abbott and Clarke would be amazing, but we don't have the budget for it.

Alessandra falls over far too much. Last minute against Leicester, through one on one....falls over.

And Hughes missed a few sitters through the season.

And that Smalley miss v Bristol Rovers in the 2007/8 season was shocking.

And Gregan missed a sitter at the Chaddy End last season that cost us a couple of points.

And how many weak shots have we seen Taylor hit after impressive mazy runs in the last 3 seasons?

You could go on. Young lad fluffs his lines on the telly. Let's can him then.

And Hughes missed a few sitters through the season.

And that Smalley miss v Bristol Rovers in the 2007/8 season was shocking.

And Gregan missed a sitter at the Chaddy End last season that cost us a couple of points.

And how many weak shots have we seen Taylor hit after impressive mazy runs in the last 3 seasons?

You could go on. Young lad fluffs his lines on the telly. Let's can him then.

It's every game and several times during, that's no exaggeration. We can't rely on him next season for first choice, loan him out to Stalyvegas and see if he does something.

Thats exactly the point! he got progressively worse... not his fault really, he just had no match practice and well... became really bad. He strikes me as a confidence player (Tbh, Like all strikers) but he was a victim of Shez not being able to manage a squad, and getting absolutely no match practice for around three months.

He just looked desperate for a spell in the ressies, where the pressure was off, and it doesnt really matter if you fall on your arse when you are clean through (or if it happens 6 times in the same match.... :wink: ) but tbh, he just looked embarrassing towards the end of the season. There was a reason why joe didnt play him, and would rather play a untried 17 year old...

BUT... he can turn this around, you all saw what he was like in a confident flowing team... however I'd be stunned if he was near the first team for the forst few months of next season... he is a young lad and still needs time...

I guess we have all moved from the Eardley bashing to the next target

Nah, thats a load of balls. Jigsaw got worse as Eardley got better... thats just a fact. Alice doesnt deserve a bashing he just needs games (in the stiffs) and confidence again...