Spotted .........

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told a few days back that he wants to come back so not surprised if he's checking out whether this is possible.

He gets on really well with the directors and since a bad influence (by all accounts) has left then it could well be worthwhile for us if we get him back on our terms.

I don't know where you get this from as it's not what I've heard.

I didn't get from the club so opinions may differ depending which side of the table you are listening to. That's what I've heard though so it may be a quick "thanks but no thanks" if you're correct. All I know is that he'd like to come back but I suspect that it may be down to offers (or lack of) on the table.

I was told a few days back that he wants to come back so not surprised if he's checking out whether this is possible.

He gets on really well with the directors and since a bad influence (by all accounts) has left then it could well be worthwhile for us if we get him back on our terms.

What Allott a bad influence.

I must say I'd not heard that.

He's contracted until 30th June. As an employee, he is presumably allowed to show his face.

I hope he gets fixed up somewhere (on less that TTA offered him in January).

I can't see him putting his all in for Latics on a pay packet that would inevitably be less than he was previously offered.

I can't see him being offered a deal after Joe showed him the door.

So ... don't get your hopes up.

Edited by opinions4u

I didn't get from the club so opinions may differ depending which side of the table you are listening to. That's what I've heard though so it may be a quick "thanks but no thanks" if you're correct. All I know is that he'd like to come back but I suspect that it may be down to offers (or lack of) on the table.

I think the term "difficult" springs to mind with what I've heard of Hughes. And that comes from a family member of mine personally speaking to Corney.

I'll be surprised to see him back here with a new contract in the bag. Yes, he knows where the net is at this level. Perhaps the stint at Blackpool made him realise that the Championship is an altogether different beast than it was before he first went inside. But It doesn't sound from reports I've heard that he's the reformed new leaf that he was making out in his first few months of release.

I suppose Penney isn't one to stand for the kind of dicking about Hughes has done last season, so he may tow the line more. But I think I'd be a little uncomfortable if we extended his contract. The very fact it was withdrawn last time suggests to me that we'd not be keen on being messed about.

Not good enough. If there was a cast iron guarantee that Penney could stop him being an 'erbert I'd be fine with him staying.

well sorry but i dont know the bloke :wink:

but the tta must know who they have appointed

nothing is ever cast iron in football though

Edited by palmer1