another signing today?

Athletic are hoping to add at least two more new faces to the squad before pre-season training kicks off on Monday.

One player arrived for talks yesterday, agreed terms and passed a medical but then asked for time to consider his options as he is wanted by other clubs, including a Championship side. FURMAN?

Athletic, who have not given up hope of completing that deal, were quietly confident that at least one more would go ahead over the weekend.

After releasing nine senior players at the end of last season, new boss Dave Penney has been busy trying to reshape the squad.

So far he has brought in the versatile Rob Purdie (ex-Darlington), midfield man Jon Worthington (ex-Huddersfield) and Wales left-back Joe Jacobson (ex-Bristol Rovers).

On top of those, experienced centre-back Sean Gregan agreed a one-year deal to return to the club, six weeks after being released due to financial constraints.

All the players are due back in training next week and will face a varied schedule in the build-up to the new season. Apart from the usual hard slog of running and general fitness work, they will have swimming and boxing sessions.

Athletic are hoping to add at least two more new faces to the squad before pre-season training kicks off on Monday.

One player arrived for talks yesterday, agreed terms and passed a medical but then asked for time to consider his options as he is wanted by other clubs, including a Championship side. FURMAN?

Athletic, who have not given up hope of completing that deal, were quietly confident that at least one more would go ahead over the weekend.

After releasing nine senior players at the end of last season, new boss Dave Penney has been busy trying to reshape the squad.

So far he has brought in the versatile Rob Purdie (ex-Darlington), midfield man Jon Worthington (ex-Huddersfield) and Wales left-back Joe Jacobson (ex-Bristol Rovers).

On top of those, experienced centre-back Sean Gregan agreed a one-year deal to return to the club, six weeks after being released due to financial constraints.

All the players are due back in training next week and will face a varied schedule in the build-up to the new season. Apart from the usual hard slog of running and general fitness work, they will have swimming and boxing sessions.

really hope we get furman :pray:

I just wish we could get that lock on the door mended too many turn up and bugger off again.

Agrees terms, passes medical, vanishes....to have a think... covering ones options can use us as a bargaining tool...knowing you can push your luck as a firm offer waiting....Oh i am ready to sign for Oldham unless you offer me more. Never happy at this sort of stuff but i suppose its how football works today. Sounds like Furman??

Time will tell... Perhaps we should have a board in the entrance hall "Roll of Dishonour"

Clyde, Moore, Heffernan, Howe, the other Tranny one. etc..

And having the weekend to think about it gets round the mobile phone jamming device that was installed near the front door, and the lock on the toilet door window....

You're not the only one, it'd be a class acquisition....I have a bad feeling though we're gonna miss out.

Yeah. I think it's well known we've spoken to him, and I would think met Rangers fee. If he opted for the club in the higher league, it just hinges on whether they can guarantee him more first team football. I think he'd be one of the first names down on the team sheet for us, which hopefully would be a bigger pull than a fringe or ressie player in the Championship. Bit of a dilemma for him I'd imagine.

But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if we missed out, but over the moon if we secured him. A player of his quality could well mean the difference in us being a good bet for at least the play-offs or bottom-half material.

Yeah. I think it's well known we've spoken to him, and I would think met Rangers fee. If he opted for the club in the higher league, it just hinges on whether they can guarantee him more first team football. I think he'd be one of the first names down on the team sheet for us, which hopefully would be a bigger pull than a fringe or ressie player in the Championship. Bit of a dilemma for him I'd imagine.

But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if we missed out, but over the moon if we secured him. A player of his quality could well mean the difference in us being a good bet for at least the play-offs or bottom-half material.

didn't know a Champ club was in for Furman souns like Clarke to me