Billy Clarke

for blackpool- must have been reported target that agreed elsewhere

Ian Holloway today made his first signing since becoming Blackpool manager with the capture of Irish Under 21 international striker Billy Clarke on a free transfer from Ipswich Town.

The player, whose contract with Roy Keane's outfit expires on July 1st, has signed a two year deal with a one year option subject to a medical.

Billy is a product of the successful Portman Road academy and made his Ipswich debut in November 2005 against Cardiff.

Since then, Billy has found himself in and out of the Ipswich side, and loan spells at Colchester, Falkirk, Darlington, Northampton and Brentford have followed.

Blackpool have beaten off a number of other clubs for the striker's signature (albeit lowere division ones) and will be hoping that Clarke has a similar impact to the likes of Alex John-Baptiste.

See, when people do those annoying "Taylor signs..." type crappy posts I get cheesed off. This one is at least funny/makes sense.

Shame we didn't get him, but at least he's gone somewhere better than us... could've lost him to Hudds or whoever and that would hurt more.

same here

wont happen tho championship team for him

How do you know this? Furman himself has said that he wants regular first team football and that probably won't happen in the Championship. I think he'll be in L1 next season, only thing up for debate is whether that'll be with us.

How do you know this? Furman himself has said that he wants regular first team football and that probably won't happen in the Championship. I think he'll be in L1 next season, only thing up for debate is whether that'll be with us.

bracing myself for it :grin:

got my hopes up with billy clarke and look :disappointed: