JPT - Tinpot Cup

Just seen on 'dales official site that it's to be drawn on the 15th August.

8 Northern teams will get a bye to round 2. Under new rules, you cant have the same teams getting a bye on consecutive years so Rochdale, Carlisle, Darlington, Chester, Bury, Huddersfield who got byes last year will automatically be put in the first round.

Good chance of dodging the 1st round. Exciting times. :lol::unsure:

Just seen on 'dales official site that it's to be drawn on the 15th August.

8 Northern teams will get a bye to round 2. Under new rules, you cant have the same teams getting a bye on consecutive years so Rochdale, Carlisle, Darlington, Chester, Bury, Huddersfield who got byes last year will automatically be put in the first round.

Good chance of dodging the 1st round. Exciting times. :lol::unsure:

Another Carlisle away trip? Don't bet against it! Wouldn't mind Morecambe away though...new ground and that.

i've never quite understood the reason why this competition is ignored the way it is ...

IMHO i believe it holds our only realistic chance of getting a day out at wembley! not knocking our chances in the league, but i'm sure we'd all agree that we'd prefer to go up 'properly', and not attempt to navigate our way through the mine field which is the play-offs ...

Absolute waste of time that competition.

try telling the 30 odd thousand Luton fans that, or the 30 odd thousand MK fans before em etc, 5 decent performances and you are walking down wembley way, amass a sea of blue, i know coz i've seen it. IMO its a not a waste of time its a realistic chance of seeing our team play in the greatest stadium in the world, we are never gonna get there in the other cups, why should the scum and the other big 4 dominate it, try telling my 13 year old lad its a waste of time, it gives him the opprtunity to dream about his big day out, a realistic dream while the JPT is ongoing, or unless we get bought out by Arabs, which is more feesable? I know!

try telling the 30 odd thousand Luton fans that, or the 30 odd thousand MK fans before em etc, 5 decent performances and you are walking down wembley way, amass a sea of blue, i know coz i've seen it. IMO its a not a waste of time its a realistic chance of seeing our team play in the greatest stadium in the world, we are never gonna get there in the other cups, why should the scum and the other big 4 dominate it, try telling my 13 year old lad its a waste of time, it gives him the opprtunity to dream about his big day out, a realistic dream while the JPT is ongoing, or unless we get bought out by Arabs, which is more feesable? I know!

:censored:, why don't we get relegated and enter the Vase.

Complete and utter waste of time. Money lost by nearly every club at every phase bar the final.

Hope for an away draw, pick kids (breaking the rules*) and lose as quick as possible.

*We won't get fined the first time.

Take it seriously, get the winning feeling moving and do the double - promotion and win at Wembley in the JPT.

Teams that win this competition often get promoted the same season, or the following season.

It might mean nothing on its own in the great scheme of things, but the togetherness and spirit that a decent cup run can bring may just be what's needed to underpin a serious promotion challenge.

Complete and utter waste of time. Money lost by nearly every club at every phase bar the final.

Hope for an away draw, pick kids (breaking the rules*) and lose as quick as possible.

so you've no ambition of seeing your team at Wembley then ........... tht's a shame

Get relegated and enter the vase?? what sort of pedantic reply is that??

like i said i have had the pleasure of going to wembley with MY team, my son hasnt...its his dream, JPT makes it a realistic dream, if we wernt in the JPT our season wouldnt change, it would not make us any better or worse! you are more than entitled to stick with the masses and choose your games, ME? i'll watch em no matter the weather, no matter the opposition and NO MATTER THE TOURNAMENT!

Where did he say that, mark? let's face it...it's a joke of a competition - wembley or no wembley.

theres no reasoning with you is there, stuck in your ways! its your opinion tho.....but if we do get to wembley i guess we wont be seeing you there then, after all you dont wanna waste yer time do you?

So... the injuries endured from the competition are worth the thousands of pounds lost?

Really, what will we have lost in this competition over the years? Will it have been over a million pounds? Half a million? Probably somewhere between the two. How many clubs will have gone into problems directly because of this kind of losses? Will we be next? Just a few points to consider when those 25,000 hangers on dream of walking up new wembley way on a Saturday at 3pm whilst watching Soccer Saturday.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Oldham at Wembley. But I love seeing them at Gillingham, Southend, Boundary Park,...

So... the injuries endured from the competition are worth the thousands of pounds lost?

Really, what will we have lost in this competition over the years? Will it have been over a million pounds? Half a million? Probably somewhere between the two. How many clubs will have gone into problems directly because of this kind of losses? Will we be next? Just a few points to consider when those 25,000 hangers on dream of walking up new wembley way on a Saturday at 3pm whilst watching Soccer Saturday.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Oldham at Wembley. But I love seeing them at Gillingham, Southend, Boundary Park,...

im sorry but how do you lose money from playing in JPT? its a few more games in the season and if anything, brings the club money IN through ticket sales, programme sales, food n drink etc.

I was only 3 last time we went wembley and i would love to go to wembley especially if we actually had a chance of winning something because lets face it, even if we got promoted twice, we still probably wouldnt stand a chance of winning another cup

im sorry but how do you lose money from playing in JPT? its a few more games in the season and if anything, brings the club money IN through ticket sales, programme sales, food n drink etc.

Cost of running the game (Staff, security, police, so forth) > Income from game (minimal ticket/programme/food sales)

I was only 3 last time we went wembley and i would love to go to wembley especially if we actually had a chance of winning something because lets face it, even if we got promoted twice, we still probably wouldnt stand a chance of winning another cup

The sad reailty is that the club has engineered itself a situation where we stand little chance of even winning the paint cup.

If clubs were losing so much money from it im sure it would have been scrapped a long time ago

Just reporting what other clubs have mate. I'd agree to some extent, but just because clubs lose money doesn't mean the football league as a whole does from the competition. Also it's sometimes required for organisations to run cost-inefficient strategies to benefit other areas.

Just reporting what other clubs have mate. I'd agree to some extent, but just because clubs lose money doesn't mean the football league as a whole does from the competition. Also it's sometimes required for organisations to run cost-inefficient strategies to benefit other areas.

fair point but we have to remember the whole point of football is its an entertainment business and a chance of a final at wembley is ccertainly exciting regardless of competition or team in my opinion

theres no reasoning with you is there, stuck in your ways! its your opinion tho.....but if we do get to wembley i guess we wont be seeing you there then, after all you dont wanna waste yer time do you?

Would I bother going to Wembley to watch us in the JPT final ?....you know what, if it was up to me I wouldn't, but I know if we did get there I'd end up getting dragged along by family and friends. I would envisage being sat inside Wembley all excited though - what, paying over the odds for a ticket and grub, surrounded by thousands of bandwagoners and Dagenham fans, playing to win a trophy that if we did win would be forgotten about a few years down the line...

The fact is, we have not once yet reached the final of the pisspot trophy....all we've done every season is lose money after money staging games that the supporter is not interested in watching. The attendances tell you how interested your average football fan is in this 'competition'...

Edited by Yard Dog