Firefox 3.5

footy68

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure if anyone else is having this,but since downloading the new version,this site (amongst one or two others on my bookmarks-not all though) loads very very slowly-sometimes failing.

Yeah, image search in Google siezed the browser up entirely. D'yknow, I installed FF2.0 then rolled back to 1.6 within hours because of some glaring issues and didn't go back until there had been some fixes done. I think I'll do the same with 3.5.

You can get Firefox 3.0.1.1 right here, I'll be blogging about this later...

Let me just clarify before I cause widespread panic!

I've had no such issue since the first couple of minutes after I installed, I am going to roll back as a personal preference - 3.5 has not thrown up any more glitches since and has been stable.

The only trouble I've had so far is that one of my favourite add-ons the duplicate tab doesn't work yet, there is a hack I could do and change the version number but I can wait till it updates itself.

This isn't a major problem but for some reason I facebook wouldn't sign in from home on the previous version, I thought 3.5 might improve things but it too won't load properly despite doing so at work. I guess that might be related to another plug-in.

All in all 3.5 is a hell of a lot faster and I'm happy with it.

I have had issues with this site when downloading safari 4, keeps logging me out and asking to log back in if i am inactive for anything like 2 mins or so

However, firefox 3.5 on mac so far no issues, and so far v v v impressed too

I'll give it another couple of days, maybe next week, then upgrade.

Old Firefox started giving me a horrific javascript error on every page so I've finally gone 3.5... Still doing it in 3.5 so I've disabled finjan and it's ok. Not sure what's caused it.

3.5 has some strange changes... I don't like the lack of a close option on single tabs... I often leave FF open with no sites open now I have to faff about. Seems quick enough so far though.

Im an IT technician (unemployed at the mo but still one nonetheless)

As a general rule we always advise to keep with the previous version till about 2 months after release unless you have a sound technical knowledge, this gives them time to sort out any bugs in the system

if your not technically fluent you may come across issues that prevent viewing of certain sites/incompatibility

it is very tempting to get a new version the moment it comes out but they dont tend to iron out all problems before release,

but looking at firefox 3.5 looks very sound at the mo and it still has the feel that won a lot of IE users over

Im an IT technician (unemployed at the mo but still one nonetheless)

As a general rule we always advise to keep with the previous version till about 2 months after release unless you have a sound technical knowledge, this gives them time to sort out any bugs in the system

if your not technically fluent you may come across issues that prevent viewing of certain sites/incompatibility

it is very tempting to get a new version the moment it comes out but they dont tend to iron out all problems before release,

but looking at firefox 3.5 looks very sound at the mo and it still has the feel that won a lot of IE users over

I usually wait for one bug fix first, but this finjan problem forced my hand. Despite not fixing it, I'm too lazy to roll back.

I usually wait for one bug fix first, but this finjan problem forced my hand. Despite not fixing it, I'm too lazy to roll back.

fair enough, with most things you should be fine and like i said firefox 3.5 doesnt seem to be causing catastrophes, they seem to be getting more user friendly as they go on

fair enough, with most things you should be fine and like i said firefox 3.5 doesnt seem to be causing catastrophes, they seem to be getting more user friendly as they go on

I worked for IBM for two years, so I know what I'm doing :wink:

I worked for IBM for two years, so I know what I'm doing :wink:

fair enough then :grin:

by the way did anyone have a problem on the old version of firefox when you went on facebook the banner at the top would not appear, including the options?

I had that problem on my parents PC, it didnt do it with IE and it never did it on my laptop and never found anyone who had the same problem

fair enough then :grin:

by the way did anyone have a problem on the old version of firefox when you went on facebook the banner at the top would not appear, including the options?

I had that problem on my parents PC, it didnt do it with IE and it never did it on my laptop and never found anyone who had the same problem

Nope, not me. But then I run no-script and ABP in Firefox so very few sites look like they should to me.