Hughes and Haining training

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather obvious I know, but even if Hughes doesn't get fixed up with another club, chances are that he'd carry on training with Latics. It's not as though he can jump in his car and train with another club is it?!

Rather obvious I know, but even if Hughes doesn't get fixed up with another club, chances are that he'd carry on training with Latics. It's not as though he can jump in his car and train with another club is it?!

I wonder if Joe Royle has anything to do with Hughes not being able to find another club. I can imagine a few managers ringing Royle about his opinion of Hughes.

I wonder if Joe Royle has anything to do with Hughes not being able to find another club. I can imagine a few managers ringing Royle about his opinion of Hughes.

They read the papers anyway, no club is going to sign him without knowing that he was told to sling his hook before the season was over. I think Hughes will look back at the contract offer that was put down for him and wish he'd signed it. I thought at the time that his best bet was for a club willing to take a chance on what his goals could get them for that half a season and to hell with the next couple of years. Nobody is in that situation now.

Cant see Mr Penney lettin hughesey train with us if he if he is the disruptive force that he is labelled with I know he contracted till tomorrow but if you told someone to leave would you want them back there until there week in hand was done prob not personally I hope he re signs as him and abbott could launch us upto the championship that we want :grin:

Cant see Mr Penney lettin hughesey train with us if he if he is the disruptive force that he is labelled with I know he contracted till tomorrow but if you told someone to leave would you want them back there until there week in hand was done prob not personally I hope he re signs as him and abbott could launch us upto the championship that we want :grin:

Week in hand? :grin:

so what do people think, hughes to sign a 1 yr deal on reduced terms in the morning?

or is he just training and he will be gone somewhere else by the end of the week?

so what do people think, hughes to sign a 1 yr deal on reduced terms in the morning?

or is he just training and he will be gone somewhere else by the end of the week?

Its all a big waiting game. I highly doubt Lee Hughes is the first choice target of any club out there... including us. However I'm sure he will be an adept second or third choice for many once the player merry-go-round properly begins.

He will get himself a club. But I highly doubt Penney will rush an offer on any terms that Hughes is expecting.

I'd be pretty sure Hughes would want more than a one year deal. He's nearly 33 now, I'm sure he'd want to try and maximise the income in his final years....either a week to week deal (so he can carry on training with us and try to get another deal elsewhere) or a two year deal i reck.

I'd be pretty sure Hughes would want more than a one year deal. He's nearly 33 now, I'm sure he'd want to try and maximise the income in his final years....either a week to week deal (so he can carry on training with us and try to get another deal elsewhere) or a two year deal i reck.

Not up to him anymore though is it? 6 Months ago he could have had whatever terms he wanted from multiple clubs... now a 1-Year "Lets see if you can still cut it" deal is about all he can hope for...

... and i highly doubt he will be offered a contract to train with us... he should just be glad DP is giving him a shot... he doesnt need a contract of any sort until Penney is sure he is still able to pull on a latics shirt in anger...

we dont want him on a week to week contract so he can reach top peak and leave us for more money the following week, ive lost all confidence in the loyalty of lee now, we offered him more money, highest paid player and he left us, but he is still a proven goalscorer, we hold the cards now as we have another goalscorer, id offer him a decent contract and tell him to prove something to the fans, if he cant accept that then say our goodbyes.

we dont want him on a week to week contract so he can reach top peak and leave us for more money the following week, ive lost all confidence in the loyalty of lee now, we offered him more money, highest paid player and he left us, but he is still a proven goalscorer, we hold the cards now as we have another goalscorer, id offer him a decent contract and tell him to prove something to the fans, if he cant accept that then say our goodbyes.

He didnt leave of his own accord. JR took an instant dislike to him. As we have found out recently, through this site, the offer in January was withdrawn. He is a proven goalscorer, who isnt costing us a transfer fee. Due to nobody else wanting his services for whatever reason, he would have to take a pay cut.DP looks like the one who could control him and get the best out of him. What have we got to loose

the chron says :grin: lee hughes has asked oldham if he can train with us unitl he finds a club :unsure::shock::blink: cant see that, yeah lee train with us then go, no way, never DP is defo having a look there

Chron Link

I personally dont think Penney would let Hughes just merly train with us , he must be taking a look at him , why would we let him train with us otherwise?

Indeed...and probably reciting the half-time dressing room antics at Cheltenham away in the League. Funnily enough...his last game for us. Have him back? Not on your :censored: nelly!

Edited by Markoasis
swearing