Squad numbers

Because we love reading too much into these things - what does this mean for our squad? Another goalkeeper seems certain, possibly another centre-back (assuming Hazell takes 5 or 6 and Gregan might be assigned 5 or 6). Purdie at number 8? Another striker at number 10?

02 Neal Eardley

03 Joe Jacobson

04 Jon Worthington

07 (was Danny Whitaker)

09 Paweł Abbott

11 (was Chris O'Grady)

12 (was Kelvin Lomax)

13 Greg Fleming

14 Dean Furman (was Reuben Hazell)

16 (was Sean Gregan)

17 (was Matty Wolfenden)

18 Chris Taylor

19 (was Kieran Lee)

20 (was Dale Stephens)

21 Paul Black

24 (was Deane Smalley)

25 (was Lewis Alessandra)

32 (was Ryan Brooke)

Don't know yet:

Rob Purdie

Josh Ollerenshaw

Chris Rowney

Liam Dawson

Reuben Hazell

The Official site is just putting people in against numbers, sometimes co-inciding with their training numbers, which could be different than their playing squad number. They don't like changing existing numbers with established players much for commercial reasons

Don't read too much into it at this stage. Squad is taking shape though

Nah, it's not something I'm taking entirely seriously - it's my contribution to the veeeery slooooow closed season.

I've not relied on the OS numbers except for Worthington (because I don't think he played number 4 for any club last season, so I wonder why they'd give him that one) - these numbers are all from the training tops in the photos.

Nah, it's not something I'm taking entirely seriously - it's my contribution to the veeeery slooooow closed season.

I've not relied on the OS numbers except for Worthington (because I don't think he played number 4 for any club last season, so I wonder why they'd give him that one) - these numbers are all from the training tops in the photos.

Smalley is number 8 this year.

creepy: because it gives a rough idea of what we're still looking for and who the starting XI might be. And, frankly, there's not a lot more else to discuss at the moment...

DP (and us) already know who he is looking for without the announcement of the squad numbers!

and going off the squad numbers that means we are gonna start with Rob Purdie up front and O'Grady on the left wing - it really means nothing!

All this announcement means is that they can start to print names and numbers on the replica shirts

Greg is still 13.....does that mean Penney is on the lookout for a first choice keeper to be number 1?

My exact thought! Would seem so to me and rightly so. Greg has a bit to learn at this level...good but rash. Will benefit from a good solid League One no.1 alongside him in the squad.

Edited by boundaryblue80