9/1 odds, 13th favourites?

Probably a fair assessment, bookies don't often get it badly wrong.

Might have a swift look at what the odds are on Southampton going down, as when you think about it.

-10 + -15 = -25.

Add this onto the fourth relegation position and they will be having to be a playoff team to survive; for instance Tranmere would have gone down last season, when we made it Swansea would have gone to goal difference. It is a potentially massive problem which they would likely not overcome. It would depend on the -15 points extra, but that is more than likely.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

odds

sorry if this has been posted, seems that we are not liked very much at bet365 at 13th favourites to go up with odds of 9/1

I think were a bit under rated here, granted were not one of the big boys but surely better than 13th, and leeds are 1st

What, a team who've been in this division for over 12 years now, with only 2 stabs at promotion in the past? I think the bookie's have it about right myself.

odds

sorry if this has been posted, seems that we are not liked very much at bet365 at 13th favourites to go up with odds of 9/1

I think were a bit under rated here, granted were not one of the big boys but surely better than 13th, and leeds are 1st

I reckon nearer the big ko - when we have signed a couple more - the odds might come down slightly.

Realistically though we will be behind the likes of:

Norwich

Charlton

Leeds

Huddersfield

MK Dons

Colchester

Millwall

Still believe that we will be top ten and maybe top six come next May :wink:

Middle of the pack would seem reasonable, given we haven't got a full squad yet.

Pre-season odds are always a bit skewed anyway ... remember the odds have more to do with how many people have/are likely to bet on them (hence why Leeds are so short) rather than actual probability of promotion.

Personally, it doesn't matter what the bookies think as long as we get promoted. Id like us to have an iffy start to the season then coast up into the top 2 in the last few weeks. Too many teams came to BP last year, shut up shop and we couldn't break them down, they had the mentality of playing the big boys and would be happy with a point. Part of the reason why so many people said they didn't enjoy their times at BP, the games were tight containment football and unless we got on top early just became dull.

Personally, it doesn't matter what the bookies think as long as we get promoted. Id like us to have an iffy start to the season then coast up into the top 2 in the last few weeks. Too many teams came to BP last year, shut up shop and we couldn't break them down, they had the mentality of playing the big boys and would be happy with a point. Part of the reason why so many people said they didn't enjoy their times at BP, the games were tight containment football and unless we got on top early just became dull.

Agreed, really didnt work in our favour being up at the top early doors, would def prefer to do a Blackpool and sneak in with some late form. Very tough league this season though

Agreed, really didnt work in our favour being up at the top early doors, would def prefer to do a Blackpool and sneak in with some late form. Very tough league this season though

Can I quote that in January when we're 13th and half this board are baying for Penney to be sacked...? :wink:

Might have a swift look at what the odds are on Southampton going down, as when you think about it.

-10 + -15 = -25.

Add this onto the fourth relegation position and they will be having to be a playoff team to survive; for instance Tranmere would have gone down last season, when we made it Swansea would have gone to goal difference. It is a potentially massive problem which they would likely not overcome. It would depend on the -15 points extra, but that is more than likely.

were is this - 25 coming from? dont get were the extra 15 is from they have only had 10 point deduction or am i missing something?

were is this - 25 coming from? dont get were the extra 15 is from they have only had 10 point deduction or am i missing something?

If they come out of administration without agreeing a CVA (like Leeds, Rotherham, Bournemouth, Luton have all done) they get a bonus 15 point deduction.

Obviously you'd be gambling on them doing just that, as if you wait until the moment they get another 15 points deducted the odds on relegation may shorten, just a little.

If they come out of administration without agreeing a CVA (like Leeds, Rotherham, Bournemouth, Luton have all done) they get a bonus 15 point deduction.

Obviously you'd be gambling on them doing just that, as if you wait until the moment they get another 15 points deducted the odds on relegation may shorten, just a little.

o rite get it now. but i have never realy understood that CVA thing. Are they likly to come out of administration without it? well if they manage to get a buyer that is

o rite get it now. but i have never realy understood that CVA thing. Are they likly to come out of administration without it? well if they manage to get a buyer that is

It seems pretty likely, if they come out, it will be in that fashion.

Well, either that or pay all the debts - and I can't see anyone paying £30M for a Third Division club.

Edited by OldhamSheridan