Windass Testomonial

Guest sheridans_world
I'd go - I thought he did well for us and was made a scapegoat by both Shez and the fans.

I suppose his ghost-written blog wasnt his fault either? <_<

Guest sheridans_world
:hooked:

They don't get easier than that. Were your contributions to the infamous Wellens/Whittaker thread ghost-written? :wink:

Wellens all the way.

it's a pity they're not playing it at Aberdeen and making him swim there. Y'know, seeing as he'd crawl through broken glass for Hull and everything.

Massively off topic but i walked past a car with Darlo stickers in the window on Father's day (not something you see a lot of in Liverpool),it's a good job i saw it on the way from,rather than to, the cemetery or i'd have been tempted to knock at the house and give them the flowers i'd got for my dad's grave - "I heard about you employing Windass as a coach, i'm so sorry."

Stitch!!!

It's not often we agree, but you are right on this one.

We, as a club, bring in a 40 yr. old and expect him to play "our" way. The question is, should we have played to Windass's strengths? We expected him to be dominant in the air when he wanted the ball played to him, chest downwards. We expected him to run around like a 20 year old, (PLEEZE)!!! And we wonder why he criticises Sheriden! Not many of us haven't over the last few months! And he is bound to have a go at fans when he doesn't achieve the fans unrealistic expectations.

And he is bound to have a go at fans when he doesn't achieve the fans unrealistic expectations.

Unrealistic? maybe i'm being unreasonable but if you sign a 'proven goalscorer' who promises "if you play me i will score goals" in his first interview,it's not unreasonable to expect more than one goal in 9 games. And the dummy-spitting that followed - "being left on the bench was insulting, i'd be playing for Hull in the Premiership if i'd stayed,i only signed for Oldham as a favour to a mate" - was unprofessional and embarrassing.

Stitch!!!

We, as a club, bring in a 40 yr. old and expect him to play "our" way. The question is, should we have played to Windass's strengths? We expected him to be dominant in the air when he wanted the ball played to him, chest downwards. We expected him to run around like a 20 year old, (PLEEZE)!!! And we wonder why he criticises Sheriden! Not many of us haven't over the last few months! And he is bound to have a go at fans when he doesn't achieve the fans unrealistic expectations.

So what you're suggesting is we should have made Windy feel even more self important? He came as a favour for a mate, his quote not mine and I can't see them having stayed mates afterwards.

it's a pity they're not playing it at Aberdeen and making him swim there. Y'know, seeing as he'd crawl through broken glass for Hull and everything.

Massively off topic but i walked past a car with Darlo stickers in the window on Father's day (not something you see a lot of in Liverpool),it's a good job i saw it on the way from,rather than to, the cemetery or i'd have been tempted to knock at the house and give them the flowers i'd got for my dad's grave - "I heard about you employing Windass as a coach, i'm so sorry."

Bah, that's nothing, I get to see Darlo train everyday at work.

Should I shout something at him when walking past?

Edited by OldhamSheridan

So what you're suggesting is we should have made Windy feel even more self important? He came as a favour for a mate, his quote not mine and I can't see them having stayed mates afterwards.

it wasnt a favour for a mate thought was it, thats the way he made it out but it was actually cos we were the nearest club to him

He didnt want to move his family and if i remember rightly Ipswich were one of the clubs who wanted him

Stitch!!!

Afraid not my friend - I was one of his biggest critics (although I was pleased when we signed him and impressed with his debut). Anybody who comes to the club is to be expected to play our way - even a 40 year old striker who had been a very good 3rd division striker 5 years before.

The massive downturn in our season pretty much directly coincided with his arrival.

P.S Shame you couldn't be so understanding of the limitations of Gregan and Lidds.... :wink: