Could be the right player to play when Abbott is knacked though, or to push him. I agree with the general antipathy towards former signings, but the Verndog was a success for us in fairly poor teams (I still can't believe some people rate the :censored: that was Chris Killen higher) and was only let go as part of a curious deal where he was part of a swap involving that bloke who most of us knew was worth over a million, but who we liked less than D-Whit because we didn't like the former's attitude.

I am dizzy now.

Scott Vernon would score 15 goals for us next season. I don't give a toss that he has been here before, even if he did put the ball in a certain net.

Erm maybe because Chris Killen was a better player. I cant believe how many people cant see that he was a good player. Being injured all the time doesnt make you a bad player in a footballing sense.

Erm maybe because Chris Killen was a better player. I cant believe how many people cant see that he was a good player. Being injured all the time doesnt make you a bad player in a footballing sense.

Scored two against Italy a couple of weeks ago too.

Killen is twice the player of Vernon even if he is a to55er

I don't understand people bad mouthing Vernon- he has a decent goal scoring record (better than Lewis', Smalley's, Wolfy's in this divison at any rate) in the division above. He is a local boy, and so moving wouldn't be that much of a factor (certainly something that I thought played a downfall in Maher). Yes he wasn't 30 goals a season at Oldham but he is a much better striker than anyone else we have (bar possibly Pawel), and he has improved since then. Depending on how much Colchester want for him I say go for it. For the record I'd have Killen (and just to throw into the mix as well Porter back) in the drop of a hat considering the dirth of talent we have upfront currently.

I don't understand people bad mouthing Vernon- he has a decent goal scoring record (better than Lewis', Smalley's, Wolfy's in this divison at any rate) in the division above. He is a local boy, and so moving wouldn't be that much of a factor (certainly something that I thought played a downfall in Maher). Yes he wasn't 30 goals a season at Oldham but he is a much better striker than anyone else we have (bar possibly Pawel), and he has improved since then. Depending on how much Colchester want for him I say go for it. For the record I'd have Killen (and just to throw into the mix as well Porter back) in the drop of a hat considering the dirth of talent we have upfront currently.

no he doesn't.

and

no he isn't

no he doesn't.

and

no he isn't

So in 2007/8 Vernon didn't score 9 goals in a full season of Championship football- how many did Lewis, Smalley and Wolfy score for us last season put together- not that many. So is he better than those three- Yes.

how about the one that got us 15 goals (which was 1 in 2 games) in 04/05

By your stats, that means he played in 30 games, which answers your own question regarding, "a fit Chris Killen." Average it over his whole contract, and tell us the answer (I haven't looked). And more to the point, ask how he managed to play through the "niggles" when he knew the gravy train was coming to an end? He has had half a decent season with us and one with Hibs in his career. And he thinks he should be in the (real) Premiership.

So in 2007/8 Vernon didn't score 9 goals in a full season of Championship football- how many did Lewis, Smalley and Wolfy score for us last season put together- not that many. So is he better than those three- Yes.

Scot Vernon: 9 goals in 49 appearances.

Last Season:

Wolfy: 6 appearances: 0 goals

Smalley 34 appearances (majority in midfield): 5 goals

Lewi: 32 appearances (majority sub): 5 goals

How Vernon better?

By your stats, that means he played in 30 games, which answers your own question regarding, "a fit Chris Killen." Average it over his whole contract, and tell us the answer (I haven't looked). And more to the point, ask how he managed to play through the "niggles" when he knew the gravy train was coming to an end? He has had half a decent season with us and one with Hibs in his career. And he thinks he should be in the (real) Premiership.

How about if we take away stats and injuries and go on footballing ability. Killen was a good player and had much more ability than Vernon. That doesnt mean that Vernon was bad and he can certainly do a job at this level. I would take Vernon over Alessandra, and Wolfenden who I feel just dont have the presence to ever really make a prolonged impact at this level of football.

• 3 years later...