Just been reading that Scotty V has turned down a chance to join Carlisle in some swap deal. Obviously Col U are willing to let him go, maybe worth a cheeky enquiry and see how much there wanting for him?

I'd have him back in a shot

[/b]

What he said.....

why dont we sign a team of players that never won anything with us in there first spell.

that way we can stay in this league forever

no chance, leave him be.

im sure i read this same thread every pre-season :ranting:

Edited by palmer1

Hope this wouldn't be the case. I'd rather play Lewis ahead of Vernon.

What u on about.... Vernon not good enough, and as for Lewis, he will strugle to catch next season, because he may not be good enough either!!!! He needs a big season, and I hate to say it, but dont think he will!

Hardly the right player to play alongside Abbott!

Could be the right player to play when Abbott is knacked though, or to push him. I agree with the general antipathy towards former signings, but the Verndog was a success for us in fairly poor teams (I still can't believe some people rate the :censored: that was Chris Killen higher) and was only let go as part of a curious deal where he was part of a swap involving that bloke who most of us knew was worth over a million, but who we liked less than D-Whit because we didn't like the former's attitude.

I am dizzy now.

Scott Vernon would score 15 goals for us next season. I don't give a toss that he has been here before, even if he did put the ball in a certain net.

Could be the right player to play when Abbott is knacked though, or to push him. I agree with the general antipathy towards former signings, but the Verndog was a success for us in fairly poor teams (I still can't believe some people rate the :censored: that was Chris Killen higher) and was only let go as part of a curious deal where he was part of a swap involving that bloke who most of us knew was worth over a million, but who we liked less than D-Whit because we didn't like the former's attitude.

I am dizzy now.

Scott Vernon would score 15 goals for us next season. I don't give a toss that he has been here before, even if he did put the ball in a certain net.

[/quote

i doubt scott vernon would get 15 goals a season in 5 a-side training sessions,behave yourself

i doubt scott vernon would get 15 goals a season in 5 a-side training sessions,behave yourself

The internet tells me that he got 12 for us in 03/04. which my (admittedly beer-addled)) mind recalls as an utterly awful time to be a striker at Latics. At that time he was of a similar age to Alessandra or Smalley now, you know, the players some of our fans want to hang out to dry because they don't score goals? Teams at a higher level seem to have seen something in him but it hasn't worked out in the division above. Are you really sure he wouldn't score goals for us?

Where would a 12 goal season place you in the pantheon of recent Latics strikers?