Ok, own up - login issues

Jac

Who fixed my login and didn't email me back to tell me?!

I can now become unproductive at work again as OWTB doesn't need me to login 3 times before FINALLY accepting my details. And then booting me out after I've read about 3 threads!

Thanks to whoever did it though! :grin:

So I either press Alt and F4 or F5 when I get logged out?

No. Play nice you lot!

I'm not sure it's something at our end Jac, as we're not getting reports of it from other users and you all go through the same process at log in. I will ask Rummy to double check as he's the techie but I'd expecte it to be at your end.

Does it happen when you log in at home for example? If it does then perhaps it's an OWTB.co.uk fault but otherwise I'd suggest it's your work set up. Unfortunatly I'd guess that you can't really ask IT about it can you?

Let me know the above and we'll take it from there.

No. Play nice you lot!

I'm not sure it's something at our end Jac, as we're not getting reports of it from other users and you all go through the same process at log in. I will ask Rummy to double check as he's the techie but I'd expecte it to be at your end.

Does it happen when you log in at home for example? If it does then perhaps it's an OWTB.co.uk fault but otherwise I'd suggest it's your work set up. Unfortunatly I'd guess that you can't really ask IT about it can you?

Let me know the above and we'll take it from there.

A similar thing has started to happen to me over the last few weeks. I always have to log on as it never remembers my ID, and after reading a few topics it kicks me out, and I have to log in again. I log on to OWTB at home as work is blocked.

I logged on to OWTB on an independent computer last week. The next time I went to OWTB using this computer my ID was recognised. This would indicate that Jac and I have a computer concern rather than OWTB.

A similar thing has started to happen to me over the last few weeks. I always have to log on as it never remembers my ID, and after reading a few topics it kicks me out, and I have to log in again. I log on to OWTB at home as work is blocked.

I logged on to OWTB on an independent computer last week. The next time I went to OWTB using this computer my ID was recognised. This would indicate that Jac and I have a computer concern rather than OWTB.

I agree, I'd suggest you both have individual PC issues.

Simple things to try early doors are:

1. Ensure that you have the latest version of your chosen browser installed (I'd suggest Firefox, but any will work with the site). To do this the option is usually under "tools" or "help" and will read "check for updates" or something similar.

2. Clear your internet saved data from you PC.

To do this in Internet Explorer:

To reduce the time that is required to open Web sites that you have visited previously, your computer saves copies of files from those Web sites. This is known as the browsing history. However, eventually these files can use too much space on your computer. To delete these files, follow these steps:
  1. Open Internet Explorer.
  2. Click Tools, and then click Delete Browsing History.
  3. In the Delete Browsing History window, click Delete All.
  4. Click to select the Also delete files and settings stored by add-ons check box, and then click OK.

To do this in Firefox:

Visit this page for great How To guide.

I agree, I'd suggest you both have individual PC issues.

Simple things to try early doors are:

1. Ensure that you have the latest version of your chosen browser installed (I'd suggest Firefox, but any will work with the site). To do this the option is usually under "tools" or "help" and will read "check for updates" or something similar.

2. Clear your internet saved data from you PC.

To do this in Internet Explorer:

To do this in Firefox:

Visit this page for great How To guide.

That all sounds very complex. I think Ex-Pat should just change jobs.

That all sounds very complex. I think Ex-Pat should just change jobs.

Hmmm... Changing jobs sounds good on the surface, but I signed a 3 year contract on this job, and I relocated half way around the world to take it up. I have over 2 years on my contract to go! Quit now and I have to pay my own way home. It would be cheaper to buy a new computer or 4, but I think I will try deleting the internet history first.

Thanks Ackey. I don't have the problem on my PC at home, but I don't when I have my work laptop on my network at home either. So I think it's something to do with works network. Just wondered if anything like that had happened before. It never used to do it! Damn IT people!

Thanks Ackey. I don't have the problem on my PC at home, but I don't when I have my work laptop on my network at home either. So I think it's something to do with works network. Just wondered if anything like that had happened before. It never used to do it! Damn IT people!

lol we are evil, I think someone in IT has probably limited your access on the computer, if you can get on another computer at work see if it does it there aswell if it does then its your IT folk.