Greg Fleming

Guest FyldeBlue

Guest FyldeBlue

would we allocate him a Squad number (13) which remains unchanged since last season, then make statements along the lines of "we need another keeper, (defender, striker etc.) and further after signing Dean Brill say we now having Dean(Brill) Greg and Josh and sufficient cover, unless of course the goalkeeping coach has decided that Greg Fleming is not what he has been cracked up to be, by others ?

But then again we are Latics supporters after all and we should by now be used to this. :blink::huh::disappointed:

FLEMING NOW GONE ON SEASON LONG LOAN !.... :ranting:

Edited by FyldeBlue

would we allocate him a Squad number (13) which remains unchanged since last season, then make statements along the lines of "we need another keeper, (defender, striker etc.) and further after signing Dean Brill say we now having Dean(Brill) Greg and Josh and sufficient cover, unless of course the goalkeeping coach has decided that Greg Fleming is not what he has been cracked up to be, by others ?

But then again we are Latics supporters after all and we should by now be used to this. :blink::huh::disappointed:

Not sure what you mean. Used to what?

FLEMING NOW GONE ON SEASON LONG LOAN !.... :ranting:

You have answered your own question.

He was not considered good (enough at the moment) by our new Goal Keeping Coach.

Guest FyldeBlue
Not sure what you mean. Used to what?

Umpteen stories Pete....gone on for years ! transparency also gone out the window, what happened to the Club link between Chelsea after Tony Philliskirk's son went there, we supposedly would be getting some of their fringe players ! OR am I dreaming agan ? :blink:

Also what happened to the link between Latics and some Latvian,Belgian or whatever country, stated Liverpool would have first options then Latics thereafter ? :shock:

You've been a fan for so many years, even you should remember, the promises , the false dawns, more promises, more false dawns oh whatever ! do I care ?..... I say oh yes I'm a True Blue....but after 54 years I'm staring to turn a much paler shade! :zigga:

Guest FyldeBlue
You have answered your own question.

He was not considered good (enough at the moment) by our new Goal Keeping Coach.

Thank you Rick I would'nt have noticed, but now you have I appreciate it !.....old age pal, it does come to us all, oh and by the way the additional information was added as a edit - after the event :shock:

Umpteen stories Pete....gone on for years ! transparency also gone out the window, what happened to the Club link between Chelsea after Tony Philliskirk's son went there, we supposedly would be getting some of their fringe players ! OR am I dreaming agan ? :blink:

We got Bertrand and Ferreira in the past two seasons. It wasn't a solid agreement with them. They squirmed out of loaning us Bertrand for the rest of the season too. They were entitled to but Corney said at a forum he felt it was a little crafty of them to do so.

Umpteen stories Pete....gone on for years ! transparency also gone out the window,

Not sure why the club is being accused of lack of transparency on this. Penney has explained the reasons in the Chron.

what happened to the Club link between Chelsea after Tony Philliskirk's son went there, we supposedly would be getting some of their fringe players ! OR am I dreaming agan ? :blink:

Lots of different managers at Chelsea since then. And we have had two loanees from them.

Also what happened to the link between Latics and some Latvian,Belgian or whatever country, stated Liverpool would have first options then Latics thereafter ? :shock:

Don't remember this s can't comment

You've been a fan for so many years, even you should remember, the promises , the false dawns, more promises, more false dawns oh whatever ! do I care ?..... I say oh yes I'm a True Blue....but after 54 years I'm staring to turn a much paler shade! :zigga:

KTF brother. We've loaned out a young keeper. Surprising but not the end of the world.

KTF brother. We've loaned out a young keeper. Surprising but not the end of the world.

Have I missed something here? Has Fleming been loaned then, only there's no mention of it on the official?

Just seen the link to the BBC.

Very strange one this - coming so quickly after the signing of Brill. Wonder if Fleming has griping about not being automatic no.1? Very, VERY odd!

Edited by danoafc

Have I missed something here? Has Fleming been loaned then, only there's no mention of it on the official?

Just seen the link to the BBC.

Very strange one this - coming so quickly after the signing of Brill. Wonder if Fleming has griping about not being automatic no.1? Very, VERY odd!

Dan, it's also in the Chron.

Worth a read - sheds light on it

PS - if it is not on the OS, perhaps someone needs to be fired for this? :wink:

Guest FyldeBlue

Not sure why the club is being accused of lack of transparency on this. Penney has explained the reasons in the Chron.

This is half the bloody trouble at B.P. online there is nothing about this, in my online Oldham Chronicle it tells the whole story (well Tony Bugby's version) so to be honest whilst not accusing Dave Penney of doing anything wrong at all, just sometimes get baffled by what is ...! or what may not be the truth :grin:

And truly sorry - the faith was destroyed 4 years ago....and I mean destroyed :excl:

Guest FyldeBlue
We got Bertrand and Ferreira in the past two seasons. It wasn't a solid agreement with them. They squirmed out of loaning us Bertrand for the rest of the season too. They were entitled to but Corney said at a forum he felt it was a little crafty of them to do so.

It was a solid agreement with them... NOT WITH Jose or any other Manager, the agreement made for a deal involving the transfer of one of our QUALITY POTENTIAL STARS ( Philliskirk) went ahead after Tony had thanked the club for their help and consideration to his Son, Chelses - the club made this agreement with OAFC...but of course we are dealing with OAFC here....and not everyone tells it as it really is !.... enough said :shock:

I'm sorry, but this thread is ridiculous...

We have a young keeper whom has shown potential, but also equally as many mistakes, whom is probably not going to get too many games as we have just brough in a better (allegedly) young keeper as first choice.. who definitely has more experience having played 3 or 4 full season in England.

To say there is some sort of mass conspiracy, as we have let the lad go and get some games somewhere else, is just plain lunacy... it makes bloody sense. I'm sure they have taken some of his wages off the books, and a young goalkeeper gets to play a full season.

Lets not forget too - that tbh, all Flem has been used to is losing... he got a pasting every week at Gretna and became first choice with us when we were awful.... good luck to him, and lets hope he wins a few games in Scotland, and comes back a better and more confident goalkeeper...

Its like everyone being up in arms if Lewi, or Black or Wolfy gets loaned out to get games... rubbish, get over it...

I'm sorry, but this thread is ridiculous...

We have a young keeper whom has shown potential, but also equally as many mistakes, whom is probably not going to get too many games as we have just brough in a better (allegedly) young keeper as first choice.. who definitely has more experience having played 3 or 4 full season in England.

To say there is some sort of mass conspiracy, as we have let the lad go and get some games somewhere else, is just plain lunacy... it makes bloody sense. I'm sure they have taken some of his wages off the books, and a young goalkeeper gets to play a full season.

Lets not forget too - that tbh, all Flem has been used to is losing... he got a pasting every week at Gretna and became first choice with us when we were awful.... good luck to him, and lets hope he wins a few games in Scotland, and comes back a better and more confident goalkeeper...

Its like everyone being up in arms if Lewi, or Black or Wolfy gets loaned out to get games... rubbish, get over it...

Hit nail on head!!!!

If we had sold Fleming then I could understand the O reaction, but we have loaned him out.

I get the feeling that this frees up some wages for another signing...

And like someone said gets Ollerenshaw some reserve practice.

Perhaps a little suprising, but understandable.

Also, something to consider, maybe that Fleming hasn;t settled inth e North West from Scotland?

View to a perm transfer at the end of the season?

No info on the official I agree is not so good, but they are looking to repalce.

My guess, Big Gordon is doing the website at the moment, its typed in a similar amnner to who he speaks.

(I do like Big Gordons commentaryon LW BTW)

Talking of Big Gordon.. Any more editiions fo Big DAve?

Fair enough this maybe to get experiance but

1. Will he be first choice there (if not completely pointless)

2. If he goes on loan and we dont someone in what happens if Dean or Josh get injured.

3. If we get someone in on loan for the season we either get someone good enough to be first choice (meaning Dean gets no experience) or we get someone as backup who will more than likely be :censored: (as a decent keeper will not come on loan here to sit on the bench).