New Ground - Questions Only

Regardless of the cappacity , will the ground be a cheaply made boring block of concrete,like colch or shrews, Or will we actually get a stadium to be proud of.

In keeping with the other new buildings like the bus station :)

What I'm more concearned about is this comment "Upon completion, the club would then sign a long-term lease with the local authority."

Does this mean that OLDHAM COUNCIL OWN the actual new ground and not us?? Therefore we would be actually renting a stadium and not own one anymore

This This and this again! does this mean that the new development will not be an asset of Oldham Athletic 2004 LTD? Because if we don't own the land or the development as our own then we will still be as Simon Corney himself says dying am I not correct?

Edited by GlossopLatic

This This and this again! does this mean that the new development will not be an asset of Oldham Athletic 2004 LTD? Because if we don't own the land or the development as our own then we will still be as Simon Corney himself says dying am I not correct?

It seems to be necessary to keep spelling out what we have been told so far.

TTA propose to purchase the Lancaster Park site from BAE. This includes Lancaster House, a Listed building, which would be preserved in part of the development.

The Council is prepared to lease to TTA the adjoining allotment land, which presumably is required to provide a suitable access to the Lancaster Park site when redeveloped for a stadium. The Council would give the 15 plotholders the required notice to quit, and offer them 20 replacement plots and compensation. The 20 replacement plots could be nearby or (with TTA permission) within the development site.